Corsair Community

M60: The mouse that no one even tested?

Stradd

Ok first of all, a few of the reviews I've read noted that the back of the M60 where there is no plastic is not noticeable but for my hands the way I hold the mouse it is VERY VERY annoying because there's this part where my hand feels the edges of the plastic on the back. This may not be an issue for some people but I don't understand why they thought it was a good idea to remove the plastic there for people like me. Just to make it look cool? I got this mouse because I thought it would be more function over style but damn I was wrong. The other thing is the sniping button is way too high forward, and I have larger than average hands and still can't reach it comfortably.

Also the software is JUNK. I understand that first releases will be buggy but this isn't buggy it's BROKEN. Half the settings cause my mouse to stop functioning completely. When I set the lift off to lowest it causes the mouse to stop working completely, and the other lift off settings don't work. Also the DPI settings won't stick on reboot, and certain DPI settings cause the mouse to jitter and lag really really bad. On top of all that the weights aren't really doing it for me. It's nice that I can make it lighter but it's too light for me, and there's no way to increase the weight, only decrease it. Why not include any heavier weights? Or accessories? The box is so bare bones when I opened it I thought I was opening up a cheesy 5$ mouse since it comes with nothing.

Here's some things that I DID like.

The mouse itself contours to my hand very well (except for the back missing plastic. Why?!?!?!)

The software itself is very easy to use and clear, and I like the layout, it would be great if it actually worked...

The rubberized top is some of the best I've felt. It just feels really good to touch and I like it. Also it DOES look very good.

Overall I think I will be returning this to the store, which is a shame since I'll probably have to pay a restocking fee for a product that doesn't even work.

If it worked, I'd give it a 7/10 but considering it's broken I give it a 1/10.

Corsair products have impressed me in the past, but not this one.

Also on a tangent, the K series keyboards really only have some mechanical keys? For a 140$ Keyboard? That's so cheesy and junky Corsair, and worst off it's never mentioned on any ads or anything, they only changed the profile page on the website AFTER they released it, which to me is a bait and switch which is dirty to me.

Also wanted to add that I like the oversized mouse feet too. I just wanna say I do like the mouse and it's not all bad but it's not what I was hoping for.

Also on a tangent, the K series keyboards really only have some mechanical keys? For a 140$ Keyboard? That's so cheesy and junky Corsair, and worst off it's never mentioned on any ads or anything, they only changed the profile page on the website AFTER they released it, which to me is a bait and switch which is dirty to me

I've complained several times about this too, but not only that, the red number keys don't come with symbols on it like advertised EVERYWHERE even the darn box has it in the photos and the quickstart guide too. definitely bait and switch on several fronts.

but back to the M90 I agree. I thought this would be the perfect mouse but there's a few show stoppers here that can't just be fixed by a software update.

I'm removing my "Powered by Corsair" sticker off my computer case because now I'm ashamed to be using products from this company

Dude this mouse is depressing...

They don't give you the dimentions on the site and don't let you know what kind of grip it is for... The mouse is 11cm long.. What the hell? It's a mouse for girls man. How tiny can a hand get, seriously. The grip is HORRIBLE. Who the hell uses claw grip and how can it be called 'ergonomic' it strains your hand a lot more then a palm grip and has a higher chance of giving RSI (repetative strain injury).

Another thing is... Ok if you DO use a claw grip. Then the 'sniper button' should be further towards the middle of the mouse not that far away as your thumb is SHORTER then all the other godam fingers. I will upload a picture when I get some time to show you what a bridge you're forced to make with your hands just to click the Sniper button with a claw grip. SAD!

Another thing is... Ok if you DO use a claw grip. Then the 'sniper button' should be further towards the middle of the mouse not that far away as your thumb is SHORTER then all the other godam fingers. I will upload a picture when I get some time to show you what a bridge you're forced to make with your hands just to click the Sniper button with a claw grip. SAD!

I totally agree. palm grip buttons with claw grip mouse... FAIL.

I like claw grip though, but the buttons are unacceptable. also the right click's actual "button" seems to be more toward the middle so if you have a long middle finger or you're holding the mouse with a palm grip to reach the thumb buttons the right click won't depress the sensor properly. the only way to get the right click to work with a palm grip is to bunch up your middle finger like a claw, but then you loose that distance around your palm for fine movements

also, I think the reason it was delayed so long is because they couldn't get the drivers working properly and they just decided to release it broken... and so broken that the drivers broke my mouse entirely. (temporarily, anyway, it seemed it invisibly set the mouse to use very low lift height even though I never moved it off medium, so I had to change that to high and back to medium again to get the sensor working again) Corsair should have just told us it was broken in the first place and they were working on fixing it instead of leading us on in october telling us the mouse was already released.

Archived