Corsair Community

M90 does not seem to work with starcraft 2 and battlefield 3

Bjarnidk

There could be a number of things going on in bf3 depending on how you configured it- note that BF3 has 3 columns of controls for each action: keyboard, mouse, and joystick. If you bound an m90 key to a keyboard key (let's say the letter a, for the sake of arguement), and you go in game, click in the mouse column, and the game doesn't recognize it- that's because the mouse is simulating a KEYBOARD press. So, you'd have to click in the keyboard configuration column when binding the mouse button to that action. I don't know if this is your specific issue, but I found it confusing at first when configuring things in BF3.

As far as starcraft 2- I would try binding the actions you want to the various M90 mouse button in the game's hotkey menus for now- SC2 is very good about recognizing tons of mouse buttons. Plus your hotkeys sync to battlenet so even if you log in on a different computer, your hotkey setup will persist.

Just some thoughts

Doesn't work in Swtor either.

Tried both mapping it in game, as well as setting a macro to one of the mouse keys (mapped a keyboard button to the mouse) and then setting that keyboard button as the key in game. Neither worked.

Nothing is going to work until we get a software update (which needs to be very soon) it looks like.

...doesn't work for Ventrillo either. Even when binding a mouse button to a keyboard button, and using the keyboard button in setup as the hotkey (as you can't assign the actual mouse keys in Ventrillo either).

I'd love for someone to come along and tell me/us we're doing it wrong....

I just got my M90 in the mail, you can create macros by pressing the "MR" button, which I guess is Macro Record? That took me 40 minutes to figure out... lol. I got this for SWTOR, so I'll report back if I can/cannot get keybinds to work.

That would be nice. My M90 will - hopefully - arrive arround Holidays and i'm planing to use it for SWTOR too.

Edit: Why are there star symbols in my username? Z o c kmock (Zockmock) seems not to be legit oO

Just reporting all my side buttons are working in SWTOR. I used the "MR" button in the software using Numpad 1-7 (in the software Numpad 1 displays as "(1)") and so far so good ingame.

thanks, that somewhat works. but special functions like back/forward don't work yet.

has anyone gotten modifiers like shift/alt/ctrl to work with mouse buttons? for example, I have a mouse button set to "]" and in-game I have one button for "]" and another for "shift+]" but the latter doesn't work. works on logitech/razer mice though. completely unusable for me if this doesn't work...

I tried using the numpad for macros but i still cant get it to work in SWTOR. How exactly did you go about it?

The macros I made are just for 1 key without any delays/waits, etc. here's an image of what mine looks like: http://i.imgur.com/envzS.jpg

Also, on Delay Options I checked ignore delays. In swtor's keybinds I keep Numlock On while binding the keys.

On the default forward and back keys (Mouse7 & 8) I could not rebind them without them doing their previous function. For example, it's easier for me to move the forward and back button back 1 each, so I rebound Mouse8 to forward and when I pressed it it always went Back then Forward while web browsing. The default forward and back keys work for me in swtor.

Hope that helps.

I have a weird bug with k90 macros in battlefield 3- basically, while the macro will type the right letter in notepad, when I bind the key in game (by reconfiguring, then hitting the macro key) the result shows 'colon', when the macro is supposed to press e. Not sure what's going on there. Any comment from corsair?

I recieved this comment when I asked them a question about my mouse.

"The current UI and driver implementation plays macros back over Windows API, giving input to Windows standard input. As a result games using DirectInput or Raw Input , in yourcse is Teamspeak 3, won’t see macro output. This will be fixed by adding option for macro playback over the keyboard or mouse USB interface, available by 12/30."

Its most likely that the keyboards are also reporting macros through windows api instead of an actual Raw input. Not sure about the colon thing, but this could be your problem. Hopefully they'll fix the keyboards at the same time they fix the mice.

I recieved this comment when I asked them a question about my mouse.

"The current UI and driver implementation plays macros back over Windows API, giving input to Windows standard input. As a result games using DirectInput or Raw Input , in yourcse is Teamspeak 3, won’t see macro output. This will be fixed by adding option for macro playback over the keyboard or mouse USB interface, available by 12/30."

Its most likely that the keyboards are also reporting macros through windows api instead of an actual Raw input. Not sure about the colon thing, but this could be your problem. Hopefully they'll fix the keyboards at the same time they fix the mice.

Ugh... that sucks. Just got mine today and was trying to set it up with TeamSpeak and couldn't get it to work. This explains why. Sucks to have to pretty much wait another week to make the mouse usable for gaming, but... s far the feel of the mouse is nice and once this issue is "fixed", it might turn out to be a pretty solid mouse.

It'd just be nice to get SOME response in these forums from someone other than Wired, who isn't even remotely connected to this.

The macros I made are just for 1 key without any delays/waits, etc. here's an image of what mine looks like: http://i.imgur.com/envzS.jpg

Also, on Delay Options I checked ignore delays. In swtor's keybinds I keep Numlock On while binding the keys.

On the default forward and back keys (Mouse7 & 8) I could not rebind them without them doing their previous function. For example, it's easier for me to move the forward and back button back 1 each, so I rebound Mouse8 to forward and when I pressed it it always went Back then Forward while web browsing. The default forward and back keys work for me in swtor.

Hope that helps.

Yeah, doesn't work for me either.:mad:

I tried recording macros for shift, alt, and ctrl, and put them in the repeat mode (the third one on the playback options) as I figured this would simulate actual key presses. But whenever I try to use those buttons after mapping the macros, they just don't work. Holding down and hitting anything else clearly does not have the intended effect. Is there a way to make these keys work as they do on the keyboard on the mouse.

Archived