Corsair Community

Pump & Ball Valve parts

Ekyona

How do I attach the ball valve to them pump? Can I use just Corsair parts? Or do I need third party parts?

This my first loop and I will later update with pictures. Cause man I’ll have question regarding paths.

Thanks for the help in advance.

440A3965-F26D-4E6E-AD28-C1367539EAC9.thumb.jpeg.3ac3fe27879cb2ed3990cfdb135cd82f.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
So I uploaded a picture of the route I will use. You guys let me know if I should change it. Also what is your guys take in having a air exhaust fitting?

I’m open to better routes. Any help is welcomed!

Loop order doesn't matter.

as said in the below video. follow what looks cleanest to you

[ame]

[/ame]

i have just split my loop.. and prior to doing that i played with what order stuff was in. really didnt change a thing.. splitting the loop made a huge difference though

http://i.imgur.com/eGobczbl.jpg

You got too much going on and it doesn't make sense to go from RAD to PUMP to RAD

Should be

1-Pump to

2-Video to

3-RAD (bottom)to

4-CPU to

5-VRM to

6-RAD (top) to

7-Pump.

Your 3 vertical side fans could be Intake, your RAD fans could be exhaust and the rear could be intake. Not sure if the case comes with front fans but those could be intake also. It's the fans on the RAD that I think it'd be better as exhaust, which is the way I have mine as.

No.

Loop order doesn't matter, with the exception that reservoir must feed pump, and you get that for free with an XD5.

Route your tubing as makes most sense to you for the aesthetics of routing, or loop simplicity.

No.

Loop order doesn't matter, with the exception that the reservoir must feed pump, and you get that for free with an XD5.

Route your tubing as makes most sense to you for the aesthetics of routing, or loop simplicity.

It doesn't matter, when it's ONE radiator, but if you buy two, it's for the "NOTIOIN" that TWO is better than ONE (in this case or just "looks"), but obviously it's completely and totally POINTLESS to buy TWO if ONE can do the job just fine. As seen in the video, and he specifically points out that ONE is what he's using.

"IF" I were to waste $115 or $70 on a 2nd RAD, I'd have one going directly to the CPU and the other to the GPU. But honestly, to water cool a GPU is also a waste of money, but then again I have an nVidia card.

So, why bother with TWO RADs when ONE can do the job?

Like buying a car that's good for the snow, but you'll ship it and drive it in Brazil.

From RAD to RAD to PUMP. If "aesthetics" is what he'd go for? Then get rid of the 2nd RAD, as it would unnecessarily add more tubing. It's look much better, reason why I didn't go with soft tubing, Yuck!

ONE "NOTIOIN" TWO ONE POINTLESS TWO ONE TWO ONE RAD RAD PUMP. !

thats an awful lot of shouting right there.

oh.. and you are wrong... but your call if you dont want to listen to advice from people that know.

and for the record.. i dropped over 40c off my nvidia gpu by placing it underwater. which in turn allows it to boost its self further as well as me being able to apply a bigger overclock to it. which in turn gives me more FPS. pointless you say....

Edited by Zotty

It doesn't matter, when it's ONE radiator, but if you buy two, it's for the "NOTIOIN" that TWO is better than ONE (in this case or just "looks"), but obviously it's completely and totally POINTLESS to buy TWO if ONE can do the job just fine. As seen in the video, and he specifically points out that ONE is what he's using.

"IF" I were to waste $115 or $70 on a 2nd RAD, I'd have one going directly to the CPU and the other to the GPU. But honestly, to water cool a GPU is also a waste of money, but then again I have an nVidia card.

So, why bother with TWO RADs when ONE can do the job?

Like buying a car that's good for the snow, but you'll ship it and drive it in Brazil.

From RAD to RAD to PUMP. If "aesthetics" is what he'd go for? Then get rid of the 2nd RAD, as it would unnecessarily add more tubing. It's look much better, reason why I didn't go with soft tubing, Yuck!

Dude. Take a Valium or something. Seriously. You're getting awfully worked up over what someone else chooses to do with their build.

For the record, Zotty's right about GPU cooling. Makes a huge difference, even with an nVidia card. Plus you aren't dumping that heat into the case.

And more rads allows you to keep the coolant at a lower temp with less fan speed. Heat is dissipated from surface area. More radiator = more surface area = better heat dissipation = lower coolant temps = lower component temps. Certainly, there's a point where it doesn't help but it depends on the radiator size and the number of components you're cooling. Putting that in a blanket statement ignores the physics of it.

Well, I'll be add another 240mm rad to my build this weekend (already have a 420 & 240 installed) so I'll see if I see a temperature drop or simply a longer period before my loop normalises (cooling a 9900k & 2 x 1080TI's). Purchased a today Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 2 (now called the "Enthoo 719" due to a childish Thermaltake complaint) as a replacement for my Luxe T/G so it might be a bit unfair as the airflow isn't going to be identical i.e. I won't be exactly testing 'apples for apples'.

Thanks again for the advice guys. I’m almost done with the tubing. I’ll post a pic soon.

Does anyone use a filter? I saw bits power have one. Does it help your loop in the long run?

I have tried one but found it restricted flow to much...

Here it is guys finally finished. My only question is how do I get rid of air bubbles? Do I just keep turning of and on?

Looking good! As far as the bubbles are concerned (I assume you mean the ones on the bottom of the reservoir), they should dissipate without intervention in a week or so.

• 2 weeks later...

Here it guys the final product. Gpu idles at 28-30 and CPU AVG IS 35. I have a 2080 ti and i9 9900k. I think those are good. It’s winter here where live now so we keep the house at 68-70 F degrees. This is my first ever watercooling pc.

To those trying and wanting to do. It’s honestly not too bad. The most challenging part was getting the measurements right when you are bending the tube. I used Corsair hard tubing which is acrylic I think? I did ordered PETG tubing just cause I read negative comments about using acrylic. But I have a bandsaw and it made it easy to cut thru. Bending them was easy, it did take longer to heat the tubing enough to bend. Fittings were easy, it really comes to preference which you use for 90 degree bends. I did the like the 90 degree fittings :) I really have so much to say lol oh I test leaked with EK - AIR PRESSURE GAUGE. I pumped the loop with air and it held a stable pressure. I recommend buying one. Watercooling is a smaller version of plumbing in your house.

I will say that cable management is awful with these many fans....

I attached a picture. Still working with the coolers. Oh and it looks foggy cause I have not peeled the plastic of the glass.

Let me know what you guys think. And future advice would be great!

AF151052-28E4-4ED2-9B2E-70793836A7B5.thumb.jpeg.be2cd393526c7ec65f943e9618baa570.jpeg

looking good dude and lovin the feed back... FAR to many people make out acrylic is terrible to work with... few weeks ago i clashed with a guy here as he had just done his first and only loop.. opted for petg and then came here telling people not to use the acrylic.. its cracks and breaks and is impossible to work with and bend even though he had never had any in his hands lol, i mean, at least try a product before telling people if its any good or not lol.. glad you are happy with the results....

I also threw your picture on imgur so its easy for all to see here ;)

http://i.imgur.com/ZZaEYlFh.jpg

• Corsair Employee
Here it guys the final product. Gpu idles at 28-30 and CPU AVG IS 35. I have a 2080 ti and i9 9900k. I think those are good. It’s winter here where live now so we keep the house at 68-70 F degrees. This is my first ever watercooling pc.

To those trying and wanting to do. It’s honestly not too bad. The most challenging part was getting the measurements right when you are bending the tube. I used Corsair hard tubing which is acrylic I think? I did ordered PETG tubing just cause I read negative comments about using acrylic. But I have a bandsaw and it made it easy to cut thru. Bending them was easy, it did take longer to heat the tubing enough to bend. Fittings were easy, it really comes to preference which you use for 90 degree bends. I did the like the 90 degree fittings :) I really have so much to say lol oh I test leaked with EK - AIR PRESSURE GAUGE. I pumped the loop with air and it held a stable pressure. I recommend buying one. Watercooling is a smaller version of plumbing in your house.

I will say that cable management is awful with these many fans....

I attached a picture. Still working with the coolers. Oh and it looks foggy cause I have not peeled the plastic of the glass.

Let me know what you guys think. And future advice would be great!

Looks really good, good job on your first hardline build and thanks for sharing your impresisons on building with hardline tubing. Yes, Corsair Hardline tubing is acrylic.

Hope that your impression will help anyone who is still considering to use PETG.

Please, don't!

Here it is guys finally finished. My only question is how do I get rid of air bubbles? Do I just keep turning of and on?

Congratulations, nicely done.

Re: Bubbles - you can just keep turning it off and on, you can vary the speed up and down, you can tilt the case around to help air move, or you can just wait and let it naturally work its way out over a few days.