Corsair Community

Way to turn off LS100 when monitor is off?

I have configured the LS100 in Video Lighting mode -- is there a way to have the strips shut off or go to (0,0,0) when the monitor is off? I thought maybe I could trick it by setting the display to turn off after 1 minute, but the lights stay on anyway.

I have a K95 -- can I assign a macro key to toggle the brightness of the LS100 controller? I suppose that I could copy the iCUE profile and switch the LS100 to Static (0,0,0) and just use a macro key to toggle profiles when I turn the monitor on/off.

I feel like this could have been easily avoided by using the monitor's USB for power, so it could naturally lose power when the monitor shuts off. I have a similar product from Monster and this is how it works. It could have also reduced the cable count by one.

Spec USB 2.0 (500mA)/USB 3.1 Gen 1 (900mA) doesn't provide anywhere near enough power for those strips. Not even close. So ... not an option.

Now ... what you can do is to set "Hardware Lighting" for the LS100 to 0,0,0. That will take over when iCUE isn't controlling the strips - as when the system is asleep or locked. There is also a button on the LS100 to turn it off manually.

Spec USB 2.0 (500mA)/USB 3.1 Gen 1 (900mA) doesn't provide anywhere near enough power for those strips. Not even close. So ... not an option.

Now ... what you can do is to set "Hardware Lighting" for the LS100 to 0,0,0. That will take over when iCUE isn't controlling the strips - as when the system is asleep or locked. There is also a button on the LS100 to turn it off manually.

Thank you, this worked. I actually already had this in place with the LS100 controller's USB cable plugged into my monitor, but I didn't catch that it was working because there's a ~30 second delay between turning off the monitor and the strips turning off/reverting to the hardware profile. I finally got frustrated that it wasn't working and left it long enough to see that it does eventually turn off.

• Corsair Employee
Thank you, this worked. I actually already had this in place with the LS100 controller's USB cable plugged into my monitor, but I didn't catch that it was working because there's a ~30 second delay between turning off the monitor and the strips turning off/reverting to the hardware profile. I finally got frustrated that it wasn't working and left it long enough to see that it does eventually turn off.

Hardware lighting mode kicks in after iCUE stops communicating with the LS100 controller (either when the system is turned off, put to sleep, or the screen is locked). Additionally, if you ever set a different hardware lighting mode that isn't "off" (static color RGB 0,0,0), you can press the button on the controller after iCUE communication has stopped to set the brightness to 0 manually.

• 2 weeks later...
I think this should be an option in the software.

I only have the LS100 controlled with iCue, and i leave my PC idle for long periods of time. When this happens, the monitor and the other pheriperals connected goes to standby, but not for the LS100.

Have you tried the suggestion above to set Hardware Lighting to black (solid color 0,0,0)?

If that doesn't work for you, what about it doesn't work?

• 1 year later...