The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2019, 04:21 AM
Sliv22000's PC Specs

POST ID # = 995963
Sliv22000 Reputation: 10
Default K95 Platinum Wrist Rest Clean

I've bought some while ago the K95 Platinum and I've noticed that my Wrist rest has gotten dirty. i tried to clean it with different things but it just wont clean. can you please tell me how can i clean it?
http://forum.corsair.com/v3/attachme...1&d=1551428483
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8357.JPG (1.52 MB, 420 views)

Old 03-01-2019, 05:02 AM
NeedsNursing's PC Specs

POST ID # = 995966
NeedsNursing Reputation: 10

Maybe throw it in the dishwasher? No idea if it's safe, could also try soaking it in boiling hot water and detergent.

Old 03-01-2019, 09:26 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 995985
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

There was an old thread about this that descended in comedy, but essentially you are wearing down the rubber, not getting it dirty. The patchiness is different levels of abrasion. It's not you, this is what happens with human perspiration, skin oils, and rubber. You could try some of the various automotive products mean to make your tires shiny, etc., but I would use a fair amount of caution. It's going to be in contact with your skin and there is likely going to be transfer issues to everything around. I am not sure I would recommend it. The funny thing is I have 2 K95P and after getting the second, it put the new wrist wrest on. It was shiny and black, and slippery as anything. I hated it. I didn't even make it through the day before putting the old "grippy and worn" wrist rest back on. The wearing is an unavoidable consequence of using it. The only way around it is to stop using the wrist pad and make yourself adjust to a proper typing position.