The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-16-2015, 11:55 AM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 807027
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

I need to check in with our validations department on this. On the bright side, I'm temporarily in charge of Link while the product manager is out on holiday, so I have some latitude here. ;)

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 09-16-2015, 10:30 PM
Amirantha's PC Specs

POST ID # = 807140
Amirantha Reputation: 10

Flex that latitude! You have some poor needy people!

Thanks Dustin!!

Old 09-17-2015, 12:29 PM
mctonale's PC Specs

POST ID # = 807273
mctonale Reputation: 10

Is there a beta version that we could try? It might help with validation!?

Old 09-19-2015, 07:51 PM
doubleT's PC Specs

POST ID # = 809469
doubleT Reputation: 10

I should have known ... (I just upgraded to Win 10.)

I got Link a few years ago. I built a new system and used Win 7. Link was relatively new and there were some troubles to go through until it worked. Which was about when Win 8 came out.

As expected, with the upgrade to Win 8, Link stoped working and behaved totaly unforseeable. Whenever I woke up the computer, the fans would run at 100% and I had to click to a different setting and then back to the silent setting. Sometimes this didn't work, though, and the fans were not responding at all (not even giving rpm feedback). After a reboot of the System, it sometimes also didn't show any feedback from the devices until you closed Link completely, waited a while, restarted Windows (sometimes) and started Link again. Well, I got used to this ... somehow. After all, you get feedback for/from all your devices, you can manage the fans and I love that the LEDs can show the heat of devices.

Was I surprised to learn that you messed up C-Link even more after I decided to switch to Win 10?

Well, I somehow expected it, but I had hoped that between Win 8 and Win 10 there wouldn't be that much of a difference. Seems like I was wrong in hoping that you're finally able to control your own hardware on an up-to-date system. Is it too much to ask that you manage your hardware drivers/controls before the release of a new OS? I mean, that's why there are developer versions put out by MS.

Anyway, seems like I need a new Link Commander Mini, that would also free up some space in my System - and the old Commander isn't really a beauty, is it? Or I could wait for you guys to release some software that supports [x] Win 10 and [x] the old Commander. My experience says that this won't happen anytime soon, though, right?

Sorry, my system is Corsair from case, psu, expensive sleeved cables, cpu cooling, ram, ram cooling, ssd down to a full setup of the Link Commander, LED nodes, fan nodes and lots of other stuff I probably forgot. And from day one I had nothing but trouble with getting your Link software to work with an up-to-date OS.

Please tell me that you will have a fix for this problem of a software, soon.

Old 09-20-2015, 04:04 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 809512
red-ray Reputation: 81
Thumbs up I have a CL Beta that fixes this

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleT View Post
Please tell me that you will have a fix for this problem of a software, soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Dustin View Post
I don't have a date for it yet. I'm working with red-ray to test it on his rig.
I have a post CL 3.2.5695 beta that reports all of my 4 x CLCC + 1 x old Link Commander OK but I don't know when Corsair will release it.

Old 09-21-2015, 04:54 AM
adrock's PC Specs

POST ID # = 809740
adrock Reputation: 10

I'm really hoping they release the version you've tested, or confirm they're not going to so i can weigh up buying a min vs adopting another solution. Everything's backed up and ready to go to windows 10 as soon as I've a version of this that I can expect to install and have work :)

Old 09-21-2015, 11:21 AM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 809791

I've been working with the validations tech responsible for the next version, the goal is to have it available by the end of this week.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 09-21-2015, 11:39 AM
adrock's PC Specs

POST ID # = 809795
adrock Reputation: 10

Sounds great!

F5F5F5F5F5...

Old 10-01-2015, 04:38 PM
Sartanen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 811649
Sartanen Reputation: 10

Quote:
I've been working with the validations tech responsible for the next version, the goal is to have it available by the end of this week.

Sadly that didn't come to pass, just hoping we'll see it one of the coming weeks.

Old 10-02-2015, 12:39 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 811799

Validation took a little bit longer than necessary, but it HAS been approved for release and should be out today or Monday.

Old 10-02-2015, 01:34 PM
Sartanen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 811810
Sartanen Reputation: 10

Quote:
Validation took a little bit longer than necessary, but it HAS been approved for release and should be out today or Monday.
Thanks for the update, Dustin.
Good to hear it's been validated, looking forward to a - hopefully - more functional version!

Old 10-08-2015, 06:00 PM
squidman's PC Specs

POST ID # = 813039
squidman Reputation: 15

Seriously, I'll believe it when I see it...whatever that is, almost a week later as of writing...give it a month, or a year, maybe it'll come out. Just bought another 32gb of corsair ddr3, at least THAT worked...maybe they should just stick to memory and cases and stay the hell away from programming..

Old 10-08-2015, 10:32 PM
kansasboy001's PC Specs

POST ID # = 813076
kansasboy001 Reputation: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidman View Post
Seriously, I'll believe it when I see it...whatever that is, almost a week later as of writing...give it a month, or a year, maybe it'll come out. Just bought another 32gb of corsair ddr3, at least THAT worked...maybe they should just stick to memory and cases and stay the hell away from programming..
I'm giving corsair 2 weeks to get this software out, so my computer stops being unstable and works properly. Then I'm buying something new. And it's not gonna be a commander mini, even though it is perfectly suited for my system, I refuse to buy a corsair product ever again even ram ram unless corsair takes care of this issue. I guess nzxt grid will have to do.

Old 10-09-2015, 12:30 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 813201

New release, uploaded late yesterday: http://downloads.corsair.com/downloa..._v3.2.5742.zip

Old 10-11-2015, 02:04 PM
wemdee's PC Specs

POST ID # = 813488
wemdee Reputation: 10

It seems to be working. /cautious_optimism :)

Thanks Dustin. I upgraded to windows 10 today and installed the new link software. It dinged over and over again until I did the autoupdate on the firmware. It found the old commander and the h100i and updated both. The manual update crashed the first time that I tried it, but the auto worked fine.

Thanks again.