Corsair Community

Vengeance 2100 dangerously hot!

pingram3541

Just noticed this morning that my battery was dead after leaving it plugged in all night, but upon plugging it into the usb cable the red led around the usb port does not stay lit and in some cases won't even turn on.

If I leave it plugged in for any short duration, less than a minute, the connection gets extremely hot, like burn yourself hot.

I've changed cables and usb ports, even tried on another machine as well, same result.

I've had this headset for about 2 years and I'm curious if others have ran into this. I had hoped a higher quality headset would last a little longer but I suppose this day in technology 2 years is a good run, no?

I have a feeling the likely story is that it's out of warranty and I'm screwed but it makes me wonder how much this is a rare thing or just typically what to expect when a battery finally goes out?

I would think the original design and intention of a retail product is not turn my my usb tip into a hot knife!

You will want to confirm the purchase date. Corsair may make an exception for units that a are out of warrant for 1-2 weeks.

The issue you are seeing is not normal and something is probably shorting? Did you try a different cable? did anything change?

• 2 weeks later...
I've changed cables and usb ports, even tried on another machine as well, same result.

Thanks, I got a reply from the RMA dept., too far out of warranty unfortunately.

They were a great product just wish they would have lasted a little longer for the price point. I think I paid $130 originally, bar far the best headset I've used but also most I've ever spent on headphones.

Archived