Corsair Community

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR Rev 1.1 Memory Issue

pcwizard7

I have the following motherboard Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR Rev 1.1 and have tired 7 different memory kits and every time it would just beep 3 times then shuts off and keeps going until i pull the plug.

the only ram i ve gotten to work is 2x strontium EVMT4G1333U86S which are 8x256 IC which i thought might be the reason but kingstone KHX1600C9D3K3/12GX is on the supported list on gigabyte web site and its 8x512MB IC Based.

I used memory finder on corsair web site and enter my motherboard in search and chose Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 i think ver is 5.x something and put in 2xCorsair CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 and it won't boot or post.

I ve chose Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 because of the finder and now i m lost in what to do.

Is there any BIOS tweaking i can do or is it completely incompatible and if so can corsair do anything for me like exchange them for working ones?

thanks

I suspect the DRAM density is too high. Looking at http://uk.crucial.com/gbr/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Giga-Byte/ga-ep45t-ud3lr-%28rev*-1*0%29 then I expect you need to use 2GB DIMMs and doubt if any 4GB DIMMs will work.

You should also specify URLs in your posts.

What is DRAM density? U mean 1333Mghz. If u read my post i have two working 4GB sticks in their atm

Thanks

ok last night i decided to give it another try first i try different volts with Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 Ver 5.21

DRAM: 1.50, 1.520 1.60

MCH Core: 1.2 V

Down Clock: 1066, 800

Performance Enchance: Standard

No good no post i happen to know 3 short beeps means power failure but atm only does it with most of ram

I then decided to try the RAM in my mums pc Corsiar (4GB 2000Mghz x x x x 1.65V Ver5.21) try one and it worked so i pop in rest and it worked still it got into windows but it would auto reboot after few minutes so i decide to run memtest and there are no errors before it auto rebooted.

I go and look at the other kit set of same Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 and notice its ver 3.19 and the non working ones i was testing were ver5.21 so i thought i give them a try and so pop in one and it worked so i pop in the other and it worked and posted so i pop the other working RAM 2x strontium EVMT4G1333U86S and posted no problem

here my current config

slot 1: Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 ver 3.19

slot 2:strontium EVMT4G1333U86S

slot 3: Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 ver 3.19

slot 4: strontium EVMT4G1333U86S

So far so good so i need to find more of same ram that is ver 3.19.

do you think corsiar can track some down?

after using the pc today it has been rebooting every few minutes again. so i decided to downgrade back from F12E Beta to F10 using Builtin QFlash and clear DMI Pool and load CMOS Defaults.

i loaded optimize defaults and its still rebooting any ideas on what i can do, Volts changes?

please any help would be great :)

today i decided to look into the manual in the memory section and it turns out slots 1 & 2 are channel 0 and 3 & 4 are channel 1 i thought it went by colour like colour A Slot 1 and B Slot 3 is channel 1 and Slot 2 and 4 were channel 2 but its not so i tried putting crapper RAM first in Slot 1 & 2 for channel 1 and better RAM in slots 3 & 4 for channel 2

since i go by the rule put the slower RAM in first even tho they should have same specs i put crapper brand in first then better Corsair so here my current config

slot 1: strontium EVMT4G1333U86S

slot 2: strontium EVMT4G1333U86S

slot 3: Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 ver 3.19

slot 4: Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 ver 3.19

So for so good but when ever i say that in this situation it always pull the rug from underneath me :) i ll keep you up dated

PS: this is my first problem i ve come to in this forum its and its nice to see how active and helpful this forum is or isn't :) come on guys

While i still have some 775 boards and CPUs, i don't really use them more and most other users have probably moved on a long time a go as well. Other than that mixing memory can be hit or miss on any platform. The issues you can run into with doing so can not always be solved by tinkering with timings or voltages, even though sometimes it helps.

Since your combination of memory is very unique, i doubt there are many people that can give you concrete settings to try. My usual recommendation is to manually dial in the full settings for the higher density / lower spec part and then add the second kit afterwards.

I don't know what type of Micron IC Corsair used on Ver3.19, but since that should be a 2GBit IC, it is probably out of production for quite a while. If that is the case, you won't find them on new stock any more.

PS: this is my first problem i ve come to in this forum its and its nice to see how active and helpful this forum is or isn't :) come on guys

You could make it easier/possible for us to help by posting screen shots that show the DIMM SPD information.

You could use my SIV utility to generate these.

You should also add your PC specs to your profile as specified in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77167

You could make it easier/possible for us to help by posting screen shots that show the DIMM SPD information.

You could use my SIV utility to generate these.

You should also add your PC specs to your profile as specified in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77167

done and done

Wired that it said it supports 32GB when gigabyte said 16GB

http://i.imgur.com/KmYsBP9.jpg

done and done

Wired that it said it supports 32GB when gigabyte said 16GB

I can't figure out why you posted the [DIMMs] panel when I asked for the DIMM SPD information. Press the [sPD] button and post that panel which should be similar to as below. The initial SIV panel would also be handy so we can see the current memory timings.

On the [DIMMs] panel SIV simply reports what the BIOS reports, so when the BIOS reports 32GB SIV reports 32GB.

attachment.php?attachmentid=26523&stc=1&d=1474355772

1243673228_SPDSummary.thumb.png.4ae41585d8c3b755bfb707664d97f512.png

Looking at the current timings and SPD specification then the settings look correct to me.

SIV should not have reported the temperature of -2°C and I may be able to improve the voltage information. If you send me the information specified in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=788225 I will add EP45T-UD3LT support which will do this.

I sent the files requested to the email address in the thread like it said to do but I couldn't get [link-status] or [embedded] as they were not in the list to select.

now will this tweak be affected if different RAM is installed? as i could replace the no brand with more corsiar memory

thanks

I sent the files requested to the email address in the thread like it said to do but I couldn't get [link-status] or [embedded] as they were not in the list to select.

now will this tweak be affected if different RAM is installed? as i could replace the no brand with more Corsair memory

Thank you, [link-status] and [embedded] will only be available when you have appropriate hardware.

No, but why do you wish to change the memory? If it's not broke then don't fix it!

No, but why do you wish to change the memory? If it's not broke then don't fix it!

I guess i m just perfectionist and want the best in my pcs but if i can t find any kits that are version 3.xx or below version 5 I won't bother and live with this working config

And to question in email its set to auto which is wired since all sticks are 1.5 volts but I suspect maybe since all slots are filled its compensating for that?

And to question in email its set to auto which is wired since all sticks are 1.5 volts but I suspect maybe since all slots are filled its compensating for that?

What does the BIOS report for the PC Health Status? Is DDR15V 1.600V? What are all the others?

Please try SIV 5.13 Beta-22 or later which should also report the DIMMs as Strontium, does it? To get the beta do Menu->File->Download->SIV Beta.

How do the BIOS PC Health Status values compare to the values on the [status] panel?

Did you enable XMP in the BIOS? As the Strontium DIMMs don't support XMP I suspect you should not.

sorry this took so long, my keyboard is plug into a hub and getting into the BIOS rarely works.

Here a pic of pc health status page

http://i.imgur.com/egEDGSy.jpg

Here a pic of bottom of the tweaking page

http://i.imgur.com/cw556rV.jpg

EDIT. Is there a way to supply more power to the USB ports as i m trying to use HDD Dock and when ever i power it on it will connect then drop out repeatably so its not getting enough power?

Here a pic of pc health status page

EDIT. Is there a way to supply more power to the USB ports as i m trying to use HDD Dock and when ever i power it on it will connect then drop out repeatably so its not getting enough power?

Thank you, this confirms the DIMMs are running at 1.6 volts. I have made a few name changes for SIV 5.14 Beta-03 and will upload it later.

The strontium EVMT4G1333U86S do not specify 1.6 volts and were it my system I would run the DIMMs at 1.5 volts.

USB 2 is specified to supply up to 500 mA, how much current does the disk need?

Thank you, this confirms the DIMMs are running at 1.6 volts. I have made a few name changes for SIV 5.14 Beta-03 and will upload it later.

The strontium EVMT4G1333U86S do not specify 1.6 volts and were it my system I would run the DIMMs at 1.5 volts.

USB 2 is specified to supply up to 500 mA, how much current does the disk need?

1. should i manually set DRAM Voltage to 1.5 volts? DRAM Termination?

2. it seems to only affect one of the drivers i guess its on its way out according to hard disk Sentinel its down to 35% health i have replace it but its on computer i don't have access too atm

thanks

1. I don't have a Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR, so I don't really know how to setup the BIOS. With XMP disabled I would expect [auto] to set 1.500V, is XMP disabled?
  2. I expect you mean disk drive rather than drivers. Assuming this then check what the disk drive current requirement is, many have this printed on them.

1. [*] I don't have a Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR, so I don't really know how to setup the BIOS. With XMP disabled I would expect [auto] to set 1.500V, is XMP disabled?

my BIOS doesn't have XMP setting but i read online that you should manually set memory timing and voltage.

SIV is still reporting one of the corsair DIMMS is wanting 1.6Volts and XMP 1.2

http://i.imgur.com/VSxTPDL.jpg

the BIOS is reporting 1.504V

SIV is still reporting one of the corsair DIMMS is wanting 1.6Volts and XMP 1.2

the BIOS is reporting 1.504V

Both Corsair DIMMs are 1.6 volts, "..." means same as before. Uncheck Suppress Same and SIV will show the same details for both.

On which BIOS screen? Does SIV now report "I/O +3.34 DRAM +1.50" ?

Both Corsair DIMMs are 1.6 volts, "..." means same as before. Uncheck Suppress Same and SIV will show the same details for both.

On which BIOS screen? Does SIV now report "I/O +3.34 DRAM +1.50" ?

1. PC health Status DRAM = 1.504V

I/O = 3.34

DRAM = I can't find anything in SIV other than the above which i have updated without suppress ticked

Archived