The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 10:19 AM

POST ID # = 647810
CurlyFred Reputation: 10
Default M65 feet wearing out in two weeks and mouse not tracking

I originally sent in an RMA about the mouse feet as one of them had worn down significantly more than the others and I had only had the mouse for a few weeks. For reference I am using it on a Corsair MM200 mouse mat.

Corsair replied saying they were sending replacement feet, so I figure I have to remove the old ones. I quickly notice that they will not come off without me damaging the metal underside considerably and also probably snapping off maybe half the foot. So I asked for instructions, and they say the feet are not user removable.

Seems a bit pointless that they sent out the feet to no help as it seems I need the mouse replaced to get this fixed. Was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience? I think what has caused the problem is that the foot in question looks to be slightly thicker than the others.

Also the mouse has stopped tracking on four occasions and will not start tracking again until I plug it out and in again, is this a common problem?

I really like the mouse apart from the faults, but feel like the customer service leaves a lot to be desired from corsair.

Old 04-18-2013, 01:22 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 647835
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

Sorry for the confusion. I have corrected it and told everyone that the feet are indeed replaceable and we do have the spare part for it on our webstore as well.

Each foot has a slight notch next to them to help with removing them. You should not damage anything removing them. If you need me to do a write-up on it, I can attempt to do so as well.

As for tracking issues, see if it persists on a different machine to confirm its not an USB issue. If it follows the mouse, we can replace the product for you instead of just sending out feet.

Old 04-18-2013, 01:22 PM
Banned

POST ID # = 647836
Corsair Jason Reputation: 10

You can remove the mouse feet. Peel them off carefully and then use a damp cloth with a small amount of rubbing Alcohol and remove the excess glue. Let dry, then apply the new feet.

Old 04-19-2013, 01:43 PM

POST ID # = 648036

The loss of tracking is persistent across different ports, and even on my laptop. Since the mouse is so new I've requested a replacement because surely the feet shouldn't need replacing after two weeks.

I used the notch you described and tried to gently pry off one of the pads but even that had marked the underside of the mouse, and the pad wasn't moving. Basically I don't want to scratch up a new mouse.

Anyway just waiting for a reply on my RMA, is there no one in the office on a friday?

Old 04-19-2013, 01:55 PM
Force_2667's PC Specs

POST ID # = 648037
Force_2667 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyFred View Post
The loss of tracking is persistent across different ports, and even on my laptop. Since the mouse is so new I've requested a replacement because surely the feet shouldn't need replacing after two weeks.

I used the notch you described and tried to gently pry off one of the pads but even that had marked the underside of the mouse, and the pad wasn't moving. Basically I don't want to scratch up a new mouse.

Anyway just waiting for a reply on my RMA, is there no one in the office on a friday?
I'm having the same problem as you (the tracking issue). I requested an RMA on the 17th and I'm still waiting for a reply.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:33 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 648041

What are your RMA numbers? I'll take a look.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:41 PM
Force_2667's PC Specs

POST ID # = 648043
Force_2667 Reputation: 10

Is the RMA number the same as a ticket number? Because that's all I have. If it is then here's mine 6005976.

Old 04-19-2013, 03:33 PM

POST ID # = 648055

RMA Number 6003411 Thanks

Old 04-22-2013, 11:40 AM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 648474

Both your tickets have been replied. Thanks.

Tags
feet, tracking