Corsair Community

Hydro X in Obsidian Series 500D RGB

Nemo1

I have seen videos of Hydro in this case but Im getting ROG Strix 2080 ti OC going into the vertical mount. Im wondering if the 360 mm rad will work in the front along with the reservoir attach to it. The config says 120 rad for the front I want to replace it with a 360 rad. The config code is 1f78na . I hope the GPU has room to Clear the reservoir. I tried Asus GPU and it shows 360 in the front not the ROG ones. Asus Brand is 3.5 cm shorter then ROG brand. Edited by Nemo1

One more thing Commander Pro has 2 RGB ports on it and Hydro X needs 3 RGB ports to make everything works. How can I connect 3 RGB cables to the Commander Pro? The case Comes with Fan RGB hub and the Commander Pro that means one of the RGB port is already be occupied. So I’m confuse here I look everywhere else nothing can solves this issue before I can buy Custom RGB cooling. What it looks like I need Node Pro controller for the Hydro X Edited by Nemo1

• Corsair Employee

XG7 GPU water blocks and the XD5 Pump/Res unit can be daisy chained so you will not need so many RGB ports. One RGB channel is sufficient for up to 2 GPU water blocks, 1 pump and 1 CPU water block.

In your case, you can start with the XD5 Pump/Res, daisy chain it to XG7 GPU water block and as last connect the XC7/XC9 CPU water block.

For more information I recommend to check our

• Confused 1

• 2 months later...
Hi!

If you are going with a vertically mounted ROG Strix 2080 Ti OC, then yes, you will be able to use a 360mm (XR5 360) radiator in the front along with the XD5 RGB Pump/Res unit.

For reference, please see the image below.

IjnH9px.png

Is the waterblock size of the rtx 2080ti rog strix the same as the rtx 2080 super rog strix?

I'm building my new pc with the corsair obsidian 500d rgb and the rtx 2080 super rog strix and I wanna get the hydro x system for both cpu and gpu.

The configurator suggests me to get a 120mm front radiator, a 240mm top radiator and a 120mm rear radiator, but I wanna get a 360mm front radiator like the user mentioned and a 240mm top radiator, will it fit? I can install a vertical gpu mount if necessary.

Edited by margar2

One more thing Commander Pro has 2 RGB ports on it and Hydro X needs 3 RGB ports to make everything works. How can I connect 3 RGB cables to the Commander Pro? The case Comes with Fan RGB hub and the Commander Pro that means one of the RGB port is already be occupied. So I’m confuse here I look everywhere else nothing can solves this issue before I can buy Custom RGB cooling. What it looks like I need Node Pro controller for the Hydro X

This may help...The RGB cables chain from the Commander Pro to the XD5 Pump. from the XD5 pump they go to the XG7 GPU Block, From the XG7 GPU block they go to the XC7/XC9 CPU Block

Single Pump setup

http://i.imgur.com/vWodlZpl.png

or if splitting the loop

dual pump setup

http://i.imgur.com/E62hA1zl.png

More info here on setting it up.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=1010566&postcount=8&p=1010566&postcount=8

Edited by Zotty

Hey!

Sorry for barging in like this, but I was wondering if you guys can also help me with a dilemma regarding the Hydro X Cooling and the 500D SE RGB case and its radiator support?

Ok, I know that the case supports 120 radiator on the back, 280 up top and 360 in the front, but does it support all of them mounted at the same time?

I'm planning to use hard tubes and cool both my GPU and CPU. GPU (2080 TI Strix OC) will be mounted vertically and the pump will be attached to the front 360 rad.

Considering above I'm really wondering if it will all fit?

Thanks!

Edited by smarti16

Since I was't getting a proper answer I decided to order both the obsidian 500d rgb and the custom loop with a 360mm and a 240mm radiator. When I'll recieve all the stuff I'll try to make the loop and give you a real feedback. If It'll not fit I'll return the case and get a bigger one.

• Corsair Employee
Is the waterblock size of the rtx 2080ti rog strix the same as the rtx 2080 super rog strix?

I'm building my new pc with the corsair obsidian 500d rgb and the rtx 2080 super rog strix and I wanna get the hydro x system for both cpu and gpu.

The configurator suggests me to get a 120mm front radiator, a 240mm top radiator and a 120mm rear radiator, but I wanna get a 360mm front radiator like the user mentioned and a 240mm top radiator, will it fit? I can install a vertical gpu mount if necessary.

Hi!

The GPU water block for the 2080 Ti Strix is a few milimeters longer compared to the GPU water block for the 2080 Strix.

When installed on a vertical mount found in the 500D you will be able to install XR5 360 on front and XR5 240 on top.

With long GPU water block model such as the Strix one you will need to mount the pump unit in such way that the outlet of the pump will face towards the rear side of the case.

• Corsair Employee
Hey!

Sorry for barging in like this, but I was wondering if you guys can also help me with a dilemma regarding the Hydro X Cooling and the 500D SE RGB case and its radiator support?

Ok, I know that the case supports 120 radiator on the back, 280 up top and 360 in the front, but does it support all of them mounted at the same time?

I'm planning to use hard tubes and cool both my GPU and CPU. GPU (2080 TI Strix OC) will be mounted vertically and the pump will be attached to the front 360 rad.

Considering above I'm really wondering if it will all fit?

Thanks!

Hi!

Can confirm that the 500D can be fitted with XR5 360 on front, XR5 240 on top and XR5120 on back.

Hi!

The GPU water block for the 2080 Ti Strix is a few milimeters longer compared to the GPU water block for the 2080 Strix.

When installed on a vertical mount found in the 500D you will be able to install XR5 360 on front and XR5 240 on top.

With long GPU water block model such as the Strix one you will need to mount the pump unit in such way that the outlet of the pump will face towards the rear side of the case.

This is what I was waiting for! Thanks GregX! :)

It's too close for comfort that's why it's probably discouraged for newbies.

There is quite a lot of effort needed to get this done and plugging in all the EPS12V might prove very hard.

But yes, for a modder, there's no such thing a limit, right? :hihi:

Howdy,

I am user Zotty was talking about. 280mm Rad does fit. Here are the issues I ran into. Route your CPU power cables from the PSU to the motherboard first. Leave them unplugged for the leak test, but route them before putting in the RAD. Push-Pull goes out the window when using custom water cooling and 2 RADs in this case. There is not enough space between the fan-RAD stack and the memory slots and CPU cooler in the 500d. You also cannot use a thicker RAD. The Corsair smaller RAD thickness is ok. When I set up my fittings I had to run an 20-25mm fitting extension on the RAD (fittings in the back to make room in the front of the case for the front RAD) to clear the fans. So on the side toward the rear, I ran extension and then a 90 fitting to go to the return. On the front I ran straight into the 120mm RAD I had on the rear. Let me know if you have any questions. The fitting extensions were the ticket to making it work.

If you want to do without the fittings, you could mount the fans to the tray and then to the radiator, so that the radiator side is to the case. Not quite as pretty RGB wise, but can be done.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49085058286_6f2c0e3836_k.jpg

-usna92

Edited by Technobeard
changed pic to link

I currently have a 500D SE w/ a 240 on top and 360 in front. I wouldn't advise a 280MM. I think this is my 4th or 5th custom loop that I have done. This build was one of the easiest that I have done as Corsair is conservative on their radiator capabilities in their cases. My first loop was on a Rosewill case that claimed dual 360mm support, though they exaggerated their capabilities. I also spent a lot of time cursing and thinking. While things can be possible and people have more luck than others, doing so means it might not work for you. Some people like challenges more than others. Either your compromise or build it in the same manner as like usna92 did.

As I say this, I am thinking about doing a three separate 120mm rads all rotated 90* to use as a "radiator version of a manifold" and mounting that to the top. I bought a front 360mm for the 570x for this purpose.

Edited by solarity

Howdy,

I am user Zotty was talking about. 280mm Rad does fit. Here are the issues I ran into. Route your CPU power cables from the PSU to the motherboard first. Leave them unplugged for the leak test, but route them before putting in the RAD. Push-Pull goes out the window when using custom water cooling and 2 RADs in this case. There is not enough space between the fan-RAD stack and the memory slots and CPU cooler in the 500d. You also cannot use a thicker RAD. The Corsair smaller RAD thickness is ok. When I set up my fittings I had to run an 20-25mm fitting extension on the RAD (fittings in the back to make room in the front of the case for the front RAD) to clear the fans. So on the side toward the rear, I ran extension and then a 90 fitting to go to the return. On the front I ran straight into the 120mm RAD I had on the rear. Let me know if you have any questions. The fitting extensions were the ticket to making it work.

If you want to do without the fittings, you could mount the fans to the tray and then to the radiator, so that the radiator side is to the case. Not quite as pretty RGB wise, but can be done.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49085058286_6f2c0e3836_k.jpg

-usna92

That's mighty helpful, thank you! ::pirate::

• 5 months later...
yes

where will you fit the pump/res?

I guess that there is room on the xr7 360 after installing the vertical gpu.

We will understand when xh300i and other orders arrive.

back plate for video card out of stock asus rog strix vega64 I have to wait for it.