The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 83 votes, 4.87 average. Display Modes
Old 01-18-2017, 02:20 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 887328
red-ray Reputation: 81

I half suspected this is what you wanted. How does as follows sound?
  1. I add a new line to Synthetic Setup that is used to select the ambient temperature sensor. This would also have a °C Offset.
  2. I add a per synthetic check box to select if the ambient temperature should be subtracted.
If this enough or do you feel more bells and whistles are needed?

Old 01-18-2017, 06:14 PM
deNaarling's PC Specs

POST ID # = 887382
deNaarling Reputation: 17

Sounds perfect to me!

Tried to make up some extra 'bells and whistles', but I couldn't come up with anything really necessary or useful. So if you wouldn't mind to implement it like this I would be very happy.

Old 01-19-2017, 04:52 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 887450
Arrow After I have released SIV 5.15

Quote:
Originally Posted by deNaarling View Post
Sounds perfect to me!
Let me ponder this for a few days.

Once I have released SIV 5.15 I suspect I will add this. Are you happy to test a Beta?

Old 01-19-2017, 06:10 AM
deNaarling's PC Specs

POST ID # = 887459

More than happy to test out the beta. :)

I have daily notifications enabled for this thread. So if you post it here I will see it. Or if you prefer you could also contact me via a private message of course.

Old 01-19-2017, 10:34 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 887508
Question How does this look?

After pondering I decided it was easy

I wonder, will the next release of CL4 be able to do similar ?

Quote:
Attached Images
File Type: png [Synthetic Setup] Ambient Base.png (127.2 KB, 6034 views)

Last edited by red-ray; 01-19-2017 at 07:38 PM.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-19-2017, 03:36 PM
deNaarling's PC Specs

POST ID # = 887554
Big Grin

Aw Yeah!
Good to hear it wasn't too much of work btw.

*Edit: Ah, I see the beta is up.

Last edited by deNaarling; 01-19-2017 at 03:52 PM.

Old 01-19-2017, 11:00 PM
Lawlbringer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 887617
Lawlbringer Reputation: 10

So I installed the latest SIV beta on my new Asus Z270G/7700k build to control the fans since Corsair Link currently doesn't support Kaby Lake.

It seemed to work great with ramping up my fans according to my CPU temps until I had to reboot during a system lockup (was overclocking.) Now my custom fan profile does not work to ramp up my fans anymore. I tried resetting and setting it up again but it doesn't seem to work anymore. Is there anything else I can try to get it working again?

Old 01-20-2017, 03:59 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 887632
Idea Power Cycle the System - not enough (any) information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawlbringer View Post
Is there anything else I can try to get it working again?
You have failed to provide any screen shots so all I can to is guess. Post [Link Fans] as well.

When the system locked up maybe the cooler firmware got into a strange state so power cycle it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
  1. The SIV initial + [USB Bus] + [Link Devices] + [Link Status] + [Link Fans] + [Link LEDs] panels allow the root cause of many hardware issues to be determined and resolved.
  2. If you need help with a CL hardware issue I recommend attaching these screen shots to your post using names such as [Link Devices].png.
  3. You should also ensure your PC Specs are up to date and specify the Windows Build number.
  4. Check the devices are present on Devices and Printers and confirm that Windows Device Manager is not reporting any issues.
  5. ALL of the files in the siv.zip release should be extracted to C:\Program Files\SIV\ or similar and SIV should be run from there.

Last edited by red-ray; 09-13-2017 at 09:17 AM.

Old 01-27-2017, 01:28 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 888742
Thumbs up SIV 5.16 with Corsair LED DIMM LED and SIV 5.22 Corsair RGB LED Control

From SIV 5.16 Corsair Vengeance LED DIMM LED control is supported all PCH SMBuses. When I tried SIV on an AMD B350 system it just worked and so did X399. As from SIV 5.22 Corsair Vengeance RGB LED DIMMs are supported as are X299 IMC SMBuses .

To enable this facility -AIOLED needs to be specified on the command line. For monochrome DIMMs only RED is used and GREEN + BLUE are ignored. SIV will switch the LEDs from flashing to static and currently can't set them back to flashing. If -AIOCTL is also specified SIV can change the LED brightness as a temperature changes.

As the DIMM LEDs revert when the system is shutdown you may wish to run SIV on start-up. Those who use SIV to control their CL/NXZT hardware will already be doing this so no action is needed.

For others then use the -AIOCTL -AIOLED -NOLCD -NOECR -EXIT=10 qualifiers and SIV will set the LEDs and exit after about 10 seconds. If you have CL4 or CAM automatically starting you should add a 30 second delay so SIV has exited by the time they start as you should NEVER run SIV -AIOCTL at the same time as CL4 or CAM.

I susect this will work for some X99 based systems with IMC SMBus controllers, but you may need to change the IMC SMBus clocks from 356KHz to 100KHz, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=874699 for how to do this and also if IMC SMBus writing is disabled (SMB_DIS_WRD set). When SMB_DIS_WRD is set this is done by the BIOS in SMMode, can only be changed in SMMode which means it will be impossible for any utility to change the DIMM LEDs. If it works on your X99 system please let me know the motherboard and what SMBus clock you needed to use and the DIMM LED Firmware version shown on [Link Devices].

If you have any issues please report them and attach the [Link Status] + [Link LEDs] + [SMB Bus] + [SPD Summary] screen shots.

Thank you to czonin for helping me to deduce how to do this and testing the initial implementation.

Quote:

Attached Images
File Type: png [Link LEDs] Z270.png (20.4 KB, 2547 views)
File Type: png [SIV Quilifiers] -AIOLED.png (63.8 KB, 6434 views)
File Type: png [Link Status] Z270 LEDs + NXZT Kraken x52.png (19.4 KB, 5973 views)
File Type: png [SIV Autoron] -AIOCTL -AIOLED -NOLCD -NOECR -EXIT=10.png (65.3 KB, 6537 views)
File Type: png Delay CL4 + CAM for 30 seconds.png (31.0 KB, 6356 views)
File Type: png [SMB Bus] ASUS Strix Z270E Gaming.png (52.7 KB, 5888 views)
File Type: png [Link LEDs] in Temperature mode.png (38.9 KB, 1218 views)

Last edited by red-ray; 09-13-2017 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Update for Beta-10 + AMD X370 + B350 work + RGB + X299 + TFM

Old 01-28-2017, 07:08 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 888870
Question Is TSOD enabled?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffles13 View Post
I assume this is bad then?
I recently discovered TSOD (Temperature Sensor on DIMM) is enabled on some ASUS X99 motherboards and am wondering if it is on your board. Please can you post what Menu->Hardware->Chipset->Chipset MCH reports?

TSOD also causes issues for other programs such as http://www.passmark.com/forum/burnin...t-ram-spd-info

Is there a BIOS option to disable TSOD (Temperature Sensor on DIMM) or CLTT (Closed Loop Thermal Throttling)?

Do your DIMMs report MTS as supported? Post [SPD].

Quote:
Attached Images
File Type: png ASUS X99-Deluxe II with TSOD Enabled.png (51.1 KB, 5945 views)

Last edited by red-ray; 01-28-2017 at 07:24 AM.

Old 01-29-2017, 10:11 AM
othalla's PC Specs

POST ID # = 889022
othalla Reputation: 17

Hello Red-Ray
I've tested the last SIV beta version and i'm able to turn light on on both stick of my vengeance led kit.
I'm having this issue too on Asus Maximus IX Hero (270).
The only problem is that this change is not persistant and reboot reset the fix.
Do you have some idea ?
Florian

Old 01-29-2017, 10:25 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 889024
Wink Watch this space

Quote:
Originally Posted by othalla View Post
The only problem is that this change is not persistant and reboot reset the fix.
Do you have some idea ?
Thank you for confirming this works. Please will you attach the SIV initial + [Link Status] + [SPD] + [SMB Bus] screen shots so I can tell exactly which DIMMs you have and what the LED firmware revision is?

I don't know if it's possible to make the values stick, if only I had the datasheet . You could log a call to https://corsair.secure.force.com/home/home.jsp, enlighten them as to the issue and request they provide me with the datasheet .

What I am working towards is being able to run SIV when the system starts, set the desired values and then for SIV to exit. There will probably be conflict if both CL4 + SIV -AIOCTL are running at the same time though, so we may need to find a way to defer CL4 starting 'till the Start SIV scheduled task has finished. It's also possible CL4 messes up the values once SIV has set them.

I mainly added this for users who use SIV to control their CL hardware and for them it's not an issue as when they run SIV -AIOCTL the LEDs get set automatically .

Last edited by red-ray; 01-29-2017 at 12:38 PM.

Old 01-29-2017, 06:48 PM
Alexkidd85's PC Specs

POST ID # = 889083
Alexkidd85 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by othalla View Post
Hello Red-Ray
I've tested the last SIV beta version and i'm able to turn light on on both stick of my vengeance led kit.
I'm having this issue too on Asus Maximus IX Hero (270).
Do you have some idea ?
Florian
Same problem here. Reboot reset the fix.

I'll be waiting new beta and the new workaround

Thank you

Old 01-29-2017, 06:52 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 889084
Question Cold reboot or Warm reboot? - Use Beta-07 or later

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexkidd85 View Post
Same problem here. Reboot reset the fix.
Cold reboot or Warm reboot? That's a hardware issue and only Corsair can address this.

Quote:
please post [Link Status] if your firmware is other than V12.0.00 so I know which firmware versions are known to work.
What firmware versions do your DIMMs have.

Quote:
As the DIMM LEDs revert when the system is shutdown you may wish to run SIV on start-up. For those who use SIV to control their CL/NXZT hardware will already be doing this so no action is needed. For others then use the -AIOCTL -AIOLED -NOLCD -NOECR -EXIT=10 qualifiers and SIV will set the LEDs and exit after about 10 seconds. If you have CL4 or CAM automatically starting you should add a 30 second delay so SIV has exited by the time they start as you should NEVER run SIV -AIOCTL at the same time as CL4 or CAM.
BTW Do you know what RGB LED chips are on your board please? See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=889197

Last edited by red-ray; 01-30-2017 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Beta-07

Old 01-30-2017, 01:39 AM

POST ID # = 889111
Waffles13 Reputation: 14

Quote:
I recently discovered TSOD (Temperature Sensor on DIMM) is enabled on some ASUS X99 motherboards and am wondering if it is on your board. Please can you post what Menu->Hardware->Chipset->Chipset MCH reports?

TSOD also causes issues for other programs such as http://www.passmark.com/forum/burnin...t-ram-spd-info

Is there a BIOS option to disable TSOD (Temperature Sensor on DIMM) or CLTT (Closed Loop Thermal Throttling)?

Do your DIMMs report MTS as supported? Post [SPD].
Looks like my motherboard (X99 Deluxe II, although I assume you already knew that) has TSOD enabled, although I'm not 100% sure how to tell if the RAM is supporting it or not.

I dug through every last option in the BIOS and couldn't find anything even remotely related to DIMM temperature sensors, even under a different name.

I plan on doing a fresh install of Windows on a spare drive next time I have a free day, just to confirm if this is a hardware issue or if I have some sneaky piece of software on my current install that is causing the issue. Now that it seems like there is real progress/a solution to this ridiculous LED problem, I'm much more interesting in solving this SMBus puzzle.

Also, I just want to say thanks again for both this fantastic software and your willingness to help myself and others out with our issues. I've already committed to never buying another Corsair product given their abysmal support, but at least someone is putting forth the effort to get some use out of the hardware I already have.
Attached Images
File Type: png iJAHmf8.png (68.8 KB, 183 views)
File Type: png RMh8gVf.png (37.7 KB, 617 views)

Closed Thread