Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-11-2016, 10:59 AM
Rickets's PC Specs

POST ID # = 882177
Rickets Reputation: 10
Default H80i v2 not resuming and showing in CL4 after waking from Sleep mode

Okay, so I have been doing a lot of searching and reading about this problem. This seems to be a common problem without any clear resolve. I tried a few things such as the edit Device Parameters in REGEDIT, but there were no entries regarding the fix, so I left it as is. It is in my device manager, so I know that is okay. (View attachments) I do have a question about the events though in the properties of the Device. Even though it says the device is running properly, in the Events Tab there are a couple of entries I question. (View attachments) Is this normal? And is there any other fix that I may have missed? Thank you for replies and any help in advance.

CL4 version I am using is 43.0.154
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2016-12-11_9-45-16.jpg (109.0 KB, 136 views)
File Type: jpg 2016-12-11_9-47-49.jpg (127.6 KB, 114 views)

Last edited by Rickets; 12-11-2016 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention CL4 Version

Old 12-11-2016, 11:32 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 882183
red-ray Reputation: 81
Sigh.. there is a bug in the 7289 driver handling of power transitions

As far as I can tell there is a bug in the 7289 driver handling of power transitions.

I suspect that when the device has the issue you do as follows this will get it working again, does it?
  1. Close down/totally exit CL4.
  2. Use Device Manager to Disable the 7289 device.
  3. Use Device Manager to Enable the 7289 device.
  4. run CL4.
Assuming this get's the H80iV2 back then this confirms it's a driver issue that Corsair should fix.

Old 12-11-2016, 02:31 PM
Rickets's PC Specs

POST ID # = 882197

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
As far as I can tell there is a bug in the 7289 driver handling of power transitions.

I suspect that when the device has the issue you do as follows this will get it working again, does it?
  1. Close down/totally exit CL4.
  2. Use Device Manager to Disable the 7289 device.
  3. Use Device Manager to Enable the 7289 device.
  4. run CL4.
Assuming this get's the H80iV2 back then this confirms it's a driver issue that Corsair should fix.
Thank you very much. That worked. Is there anyway to create a bat file to do this for the mean time? Hopefully there will be a fix in CL updates.

Old 12-11-2016, 04:14 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 882204
Sigh.. Don't hold your breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickets View Post
Hopefully there will be a fix in CL updates.
This has been as issue for over 12 months and I doubt if Corsair will address this anytime soon as they lack professional diligence.

In the end I did a work-a-round in my software.

Old 12-12-2016, 05:42 AM
Rickets's PC Specs

POST ID # = 882267
Default I take the lonely path, I guess. :sigh!: :roll:

Quote:
In the end I did a work-a-round in my software.
Well I guess I got my work cut out for me. I will start doing some research and reading and see if I can come up with a minor solution for the mean time instead of having to go through the steps you gave. I read some of your other threads, it seems you got good knack for this.

You probably heard this many times already, Corsair should really put you on their payroll or consider it. Granted, you probably make a decent wage already. Thanks again red-ray.

Last edited by Rickets; 12-12-2016 at 05:51 AM. Reason: Put you on corsairs payroll.

Old 12-12-2016, 06:26 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 882268

Quote:
Well I guess I got my work cut out for me.

Corsair should really put you on their payroll.
I suspect to do a good work-a-round you would need a program and have it active all the time. Do you wish to do this? What would be need is:
  1. Register for power state change notifications
  2. On resume from sleep for each 7289 device do as below.
  3. Wait a while (By default SIV waits 15 seconds).
  4. Acquire the CL locking mutex.
  5. Disable the 7289 device.
  6. Enable the 7289 device.
  7. Release the CL locking mutex.
This is really the wrong solution, but only Corsair have (should have?) the 7289 driver source code and could implement the correct solution which is to fix the driver.

I can't remember when I started working on the work-a-round, but it was there when I posted http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=857462.

For me to consider working with Corsair some within Corsair would need to eat rather a lot of humble pie! CL4 was/is developed by a 3rd party and I get the impression the CL product manager does not understand how poor the implementation is.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-12-2016, 07:27 AM
Rickets's PC Specs

POST ID # = 882274

Quote:
Do you wish to do this? What would be need is:
  1. Register for power state change notifications
  2. On resume from sleep for each 7289 device do as below.
  3. Wait a while (By default SIV waits 15 seconds).
  4. Acquire the CL locking mutex.
  5. Disable the 7289 device.
  6. Enable the 7289 device.
  7. Release the CL locking mutex.
This is really the wrong solution, but only Corsair have (should have?) the 7289 driver source code and could implement the correct solution which is to fix the driver.
I would like to try this. I was also reading about DevCon. It is part of Windows SDK. It has the parameters to control drivers in device manager. Do you know of this as well?

Quote:
For me to consider working with Corsair some within Corsair would need to eat rather a lot of humble pie! CL4 was/is developed by a 3rd party and I get the impression the CL product manager does not understand how poor the implementation is.
! I know what you mean about management. At my place of work it seems they cannot get things done right as well.

Well, I will look into your list and see what I can come up with. I need to figure some of this stuff out on my own. How else am I going to learn? But the help is much appreciated.

Old 12-12-2016, 07:53 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 882280
Haha! Does the pope pray?

Quote:
I would like to try this. I was also reading about DevCon. Do you know of this as well?
Using DEVCON directly is a poor solution as if CL4 is interacting with the 7289 device when you do a DEVCON RESTART this may fail as CL4 will have the device open. I guess if you want a mickey mouse solution you could try doing sc stop CLink4Service, but I suspect the CL4 GUI may well restart the service before the DEVCON RESTART executes.

In SIV after claiming the lock it uses CM_Disable_DevNode() than CM_Enable_DevNode(). Your code will also need to scan all the DevNodes to find the 7289 devices that need to be restarted.

Last edited by red-ray; 12-12-2016 at 08:03 AM.