The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-05-2015, 03:16 PM
cavey00's PC Specs

POST ID # = 793817
cavey00 Reputation: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
Good . I recommend you get the 5.02 Beta, use the new [SIV Qualifiers] panel to set as in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=793494 and use the Windows Task Scheduler to start SIV. Have you already pressed [Save] on [Link Fans]? If not do so.

If you have any tips on getting started with SIV it would be good if you posted them to http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137428.
I still haven't gotten it to start with windows using the task scheduler, even running it with highest priority and retrying every minute. This is in Windows 10. What's weird is if I'm in task scheduler and I hit the play button to test it, it will launch just fine. Maybe it's a windows 10 bug.

Old 08-05-2015, 06:37 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 793870
red-ray Reputation: 81
Question Some screen shots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavey00 View Post
I still haven't gotten it to start with windows using the task scheduler, even running it with highest priority and retrying every minute. This is in Windows 10. What's weird is if I'm in task scheduler and I hit the play button to test it, it will launch just fine. Maybe it's a windows 10 bug.
If W10 won't start SIV that may be a W10 bug. Is anything reported in the event logs? What did http://support.microsoft.com/ suggest?

I can't try to do this on one of my W10 systems as I am not sure exactly which W10 Edition you have or how you setup task manger. If I had the SIV initial screen shot and one of the Task Scheduler setup this should be enough for me to try it here.

Last edited by red-ray; 08-06-2015 at 12:43 AM.

Old 08-06-2015, 01:58 AM
cavey00's PC Specs

POST ID # = 793922

Quote:
If W10 won't start SIV that may be a W10 bug. Is anything reported in the event logs? What did http://support.microsoft.com/ suggest?

I can't try to do this on one of my W10 systems as I am not sure exactly which W10 Edition you have or how you setup task manger. If I had the SIV initial screen shot and one of the Task Scheduler setup this should be enough for me to try it here.
HA! Got it to launch at startup! Basically I cheated and opened up the Corsair Link startup properties in task scheduler and then the properties of the task I had created for SIV. Copied some little details that were different and boom! It worked! Now if I could just start it minimized

It's set to check for weekly updates and another window pops up. Will that pop up even if I'm running your latest beta? Also, is there any more info you would like me to look for to help you with the development?

Old 08-06-2015, 02:12 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 793926
Arrow -TRAY Start SIV minimized in the Icon Tray

Quote:
if I could just start it minimized

Will that pop up even if I'm running your latest beta?
It's even listed on the [About] page Is the 5.02 [Link Lights] any better?

The Beta popup says: Hourly Checks - Only available in Beta Releases, so clearly yes. You will only get told of new Betas if you are running a Beta.

I plan to change the [SIV Autorun] panel to setup Task Scheduler rather than use HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\. Please will you post a screen shot of what you setup so I can setup the same?

Last edited by red-ray; 08-06-2015 at 02:23 AM.

Old 08-06-2015, 02:46 AM
cavey00's PC Specs

POST ID # = 793932

Quote:
It's even listed on the [About] page Is the 5.02 [Link Lights] any better?

The Beta popup says: Hourly Checks - Only available in Beta Releases, so clearly yes. You will only get told of new Betas if you are running a Beta.

I plan to change the [SIV Autorun] panel to setup Task Scheduler rather than use HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\. Please will you post a screen shot of what you setup so I can setup the same?
As requested, all 5 important tabs. Also, in the 6th one I posted a shot of my link lights status. The blue arrows point to the current color of those two led strips. As you can see they both have the same values listed in them but for some reason are producing different colors. Maybe I'll update and see if it fixes it.

Edit: I'm already using your latest beta. Whoops!
Attached Images
File Type: png Startup1.PNG (17.9 KB, 220 views)
File Type: png startup2.PNG (11.3 KB, 147 views)
File Type: png startup3.PNG (12.9 KB, 159 views)
File Type: png startup4.PNG (18.2 KB, 164 views)
File Type: png startup5.PNG (18.4 KB, 148 views)
File Type: png link lights.PNG (46.2 KB, 604 views)

Old 08-06-2015, 03:05 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 793937
Wink Strange...

Quote:
The blue arrows point to the current color of those two led strips. As you can see they both have the same values listed in them but for some reason are producing different colors.
Thank you. I will look at the others later. This is strange. I have tried and failed to get the same effect here so am wondering if this could be a hardware issue and therefore tricky to deal with.

What is the actual colour of the LEDs? What happens when the temperature changes? To make to change select a different source.

If you run another instance of SIV that does not have -AIOCTL/-CRLCTL what does it report? There should be blue rather than pink blobs.

On the [About] page what does Command Used report?

Last edited by red-ray; 08-06-2015 at 10:23 AM.

Old 08-06-2015, 03:18 AM
cavey00's PC Specs

POST ID # = 793939

Hittin the sack. I'll try and test that tomorrow. Was trying out yet another media center replacement. My head may yet explode.