The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-15-2014, 03:45 AM

POST ID # = 741877
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 124

The H80i pump speed cannot be adjusted, it will always run at max. speed.

Old 11-15-2014, 04:40 PM
R0GG's PC Specs

POST ID # = 741960
R0GG Reputation: 10

- I finished playing with the 2 corsair link EXE located in the program files and subfolder frontend, launching manually the frontend one corsairLINK.exe (systray one acts like service) then following with the main corsairlink.exe, after pasting older good saved profiles from a save folder to APPdata/roaming/corsair folder and creating same name profile in corsair software and making it active, recovery of the profile layout WITHOUT rebooting !
- I have attached better resolution pictures of the folders in questions and corsair link, speedfan, asus suite side by side.

Attached Images
File Type: png corsair Link1.PNG (143.0 KB, 348 views)
File Type: png CorsairLink2.PNG (436.9 KB, 296 views)

Last edited by R0GG; 11-15-2014 at 04:45 PM.

Old 11-15-2014, 08:00 PM

POST ID # = 741992

Do the readings change over time with all of the software showing the exact value?

Old 11-15-2014, 11:32 PM
R0GG's PC Specs

POST ID # = 742012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasted View Post
Do the readings change over time with all of the software showing the exact value?
@Toasted:
All softwares show exactly the same values,so no evident conflict, I use HWinfo64 to verify the knowingly problematic AMD CPU internal monitoring temperature (detected and shown by Corsair link, Corsair link also shows Mobo CPU socket temp = most used, and pump temperature)
HWinfo64 is the only software that shows Asus mobo problematically overheating Northbridge temp known as T2 on asus crosshair formula V.

Old 11-16-2014, 01:15 AM

POST ID # = 742032

That is an interesting find. Thanks for sharing it. It may help people who want to run both the AI Suite and Corsair LINK at the same time.

What version of AI Suite are you running?

Old 11-16-2014, 01:39 AM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 742039
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasted View Post
That is an interesting find. Thanks for sharing it. It may help people who want to run both the AI Suite and Corsair LINK at the same time.

What version of AI Suite are you running?
out of my 4 builds 2 are happy with Aisuite and Link and the other 2 have constant pizzing fights
odd

Old 11-16-2014, 12:20 PM
R0GG's PC Specs

POST ID # = 742159
Default AI suite version

@Toasted:
Thanks you as well for following up with me, for sharing, and for your interest. I am using an updated version of AI suite v 2.00.05 (but I think there is a version 2.1 out there) although I like the original version 1.02 color scheme and snappiness better.
I do not keep up with the update of the components anymore (I check once a year maybe) as my version of asus crosshair formula V is the older original one (not the z). but most of the AI suite components did not get an update release.
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/CRO...Desk_Download/

Old 11-22-2014, 09:36 PM
R0GG's PC Specs

POST ID # = 743172

A small update: lately on the reboot or after exiting corsair link software from the systray, corsair link started showing devices all zeroed out, closing it then launching the 2 processes CorsairLINK.exe (frontend prog files/corsair subfolder ) and Corsairlink.exe (located in the program files/corsair launches the service corsair link again and loads it's saved profile successfully.
Make sure to kill corsairlink process if it persists in taskmanager, try launching those processes in different order..., make sure you have a back up save of your settings profile in a different folder in case things go bad and you need to re-instal.

Also Corsair link starts automatically with windows, and is not listed within msconfig windows autorun processes, I used Comodo autoruns or systernal autoruns or windows built in scheduler to disable it on system start up, so I could launch it manually.
CorsairLINK.exe (with capital letters) seems to be the one responsible for the " corsair service" and systray which both have to be running in order to have corsair link working (valid for version 2.73, for corsairlink 2.4 the service is built in the software interface and could be re-launched, but 2.4 has different other bugs..)

Good luck with this buggy amusement !

Last edited by R0GG; 11-24-2014 at 03:29 PM.

Old 02-16-2015, 06:56 PM
R0GG's PC Specs

POST ID # = 760750

Ok Finally I had to disable corsair link all together because of random BSODS that disappeared after closing corsair link all together ( I just load it at system start up : impossible to disable from start up anyway, to select led color and verify one fan speed hooked to it) then I disable it right away.
After many hours running I noticed corsair link causes also Asus suite to become unstable and stop detecting some voltages and fan speeds.

Definitely not advised to keep corsair link running if not needed or if using Asus suite.

Old 02-16-2015, 09:56 PM
Specter's PC Specs

POST ID # = 760772
Specter Reputation: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0GG View Post
Ok Finally I had to disable corsair link all together because of random BSODS that disappeared after closing corsair link all together ( I just load it at system start up : impossible to disable from start up anyway, to select led color and verify one fan speed hooked to it) then I disable it right away.
After many hours running I noticed corsair link causes also Asus suite to become unstable and stop detecting some voltages and fan speeds.

Definitely not advised to keep corsair link running if not needed or if using Asus suite.
A BOSD is to be expected when 2 pieces of software are competing for the same information.

Old 02-16-2015, 10:40 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 760776
red-ray Reputation: 81
Arrow Use WINDBG to find what causd the BSODs

If you are getting BSODs you can use WINDBG (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/win.../hh852365.aspx) to analyse the dump files in C:\Windows\Minidump\. This will usually tell you which driver caused the issue which I would report as a bug to the driver vendor.

After opening the .DMP file set srv*C:\Windows\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols as the symbol search path and issue the command !analyze -v. C:\Windows\symbols is the default symbol cache which you may wish to change.

Over the years I have resolved several issues with the same programs reporting the same hardware and either not interlocking at all or incorrectly using the lock mutex. For LPC sensors such as the Nuvoton NCT6776F the worst I have seen is incorrect values being reported. With SMBus sensors it's quite common to lock up the SMBus and need to reboot the system. I cannot recall there being a BSOD.

Last edited by red-ray; 02-17-2015 at 04:25 AM. Reason: Note about symbol cache

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-19-2015, 08:47 PM
R0GG's PC Specs

POST ID # = 761498

Thanks guys, thank you red-ray: I am aware of the capability to investigate the dump files through some pieces of software or microsoft website, I experimented with it few years ago and then never really got to apply it, I will follow your advice and directives and give it another try. Thanks very much.
btw the asus and corsair software are not totally incompatible, they co-exist together for longer sessions without a hitch, then suddenly I get asus suite bugs, disrupting voltage detection or fan speed detection and sometimes BSODS and anomalies of CPU multiplier at restart, all these anomalies are absent when corsair link is not running.
also corsair link makes system extremely busy at start up with no way to disable it from starting automatically (even with windows scheduler).

Old 02-19-2015, 09:25 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 761510
Arrow It's all dowm to interlocking access

Good luck! I guess WINDBG is a bit of a steep learning curve, but in the end I have found isolating and understanding the true issue is the only real fix. If you e-mail me the mini-dump it will take be at most a couple of minutes to see what triggered it. There are far too many posts that are basically "throw salt over your shoulder and hope, it worked for me"!

When there is a hardware access contention/race issue this will only happen from time-to-time. The fundamental problem is that some programs fail to use global locks and assume they are the only program accessing the hardware. I am 100% sure this is the case with CL and CL hardware and 99% sure with AISUITE. CL does interlock access for ISA and SMBus as it's using the CPUID SDK, so the fundamental issue is with AISUITE which does not. If you use https://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/...or=-2147217396 and check the mutants (kernel name for mutexes) you will find CL has Global\Access_SMBUS.HTP.Method open, and AISUITE does not. There are several others.

While I was developing SIV it got to the stage where I implemented the Menu->Help->SMBus Locks panel so I could easily see what was going on. This panel lists all the mutexes used be AIDA64, CPUZ, HWiNFO, Open Hardware Moniror, SpeedFan, SIV, etc.. It also lists which ones currently exist and in which namespace. If you have the panel active and start say CPUZ you will notice the mutexes come into being then disappear when CPUZ is exited, but when you start AISUITE this is not the case.

As SIV also uses the same mutexes they do normally always exist when SIV is active, but to make the panel work SIV uses two level locking and deletes it's handles to these locks while updating the panel. I suspect this all sounds rather intricate and yes, it is

Last edited by red-ray; 02-20-2015 at 04:55 AM.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:58 PM
R0GG's PC Specs

POST ID # = 761701
Default Many thanks

Oh Man ! I knew SIV interface was familiar to me from somewhere: I found multiple versions of it on my HDD going back to 2007, I remember I was amazed by the amount of information and the interface and it's snappiness at that time but forgotten about it, wow
really a honor to be helped by a man of your knowledge and stature, thanks so much.

I am trying to download the latest Beta version of SIV : your software to see the ISA SMB buses locks ( could not find them in the regular version), but will not play with windows dump file as it requires a little work installing debugging tools and stuff, here is the latest windows dump file I found in windows dump folder of my system, attached to this message.

Thank you very much in advance for your time, assistance and the amazing SIV software

2 hours later lol:
Ok after few more minutes of focused navigation through SIV program I found the " locks" button ! here is a capture with speedfan and asus suite running (15 hours up time) and corsair link killed after led color adjustment on start up.

then locks with Corsair link running locks2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg locks 1.JPG (117.2 KB, 175 views)
File Type: jpg locks 2 with CL running.JPG (116.7 KB, 167 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip 021815-14461-01.zip (23.5 KB, 84 views)

Last edited by R0GG; 02-20-2015 at 07:12 PM. Reason: update

Old 02-20-2015, 07:45 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 761748
Arrow Looks like a bug in dwm.exe

I guess SIV has grown a bit since 2007. In those days it was not even a native 64-bit program. There are over 300 panels in SIV so finding things can be tricky to begin with, have you found Menu->Help->View Menus? To get the beta do Menu->File->Download->SIV Beta. The Beta is not very different to the release at the moment. Most of the changes are to support SIV data being reported on a LCDSysInfo (http://www.goverlay.com/content/lcdsysinfo/).

The crash looks like a bug in dwm.exe and or the windows kernel. An invalid buffer is being passed in and some checks are missing from the kernel at a guess. Analysis attached. I would send a bug report to Microsoft.

BTW CL 3.1 is screwed up. It's failing to use the Global\Access_ISABUS.HTP.Method mutex to interlock access to the motherboard sensors. It took me over 10 minutes to spot this, I must be getting old!
Attached Files
File Type: txt 021815-14461-01.txt (7.0 KB, 153 views)

Last edited by red-ray; 02-20-2015 at 07:49 PM.