The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Solid State Drives (SSD)

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 07:37 PM
gabi's PC Specs

POST ID # = 562934
gabi Reputation: 10
Default Force 3 SSD 120 GB + nForce = Sata I speed

First of all I'm probably not the only one using a nForce chipset here with problems using SSD's. The problem with nForce boards is if you're not aware yet that the speed is capped to around 136 mb/s read and 111 mb/s write with ATTO. My chipset should support sata II but as I'm aware the nForce controller is the problem. I would like to know from Corsair if there is a plan to make a fix for people with nForce boards as I'm not the only one here being forced to Sata I speeds instead of Sata II speeds. I know that a different brand on the market also making ssd's made a bootable fix to fix the problem from sata I to sata II on nforce boards. Unfortunately this one only works for the specific brand. My question is then ofcourse will there be any plans to make a workaround or a fix from corsair?

For those that are having the same problem I ordered also a u3s6 controller to see if I can make a workaround on my nForce 780i SLI.

Old 02-21-2012, 02:32 AM
Turbonerfs101e's PC Specs

POST ID # = 562980
Turbonerfs101e Reputation: 10

hi
DId u check for motherboard bios update as it can help with ssd compatibility
And for nvidia sata driver
Did u set sata to ahci mode as it speed up ssd.
u3s6 controller use Marvell 91xx chip.
This chip is bugy with ssd
No good for raid.
u won't get 550mb/s with this chip.
But aroud 350mb/s to 450mb/s
Maybe it will be bether then a motherboard integrat marvell 91xx chip as it use a pcie 1x and your card use a pcie 4x.
But for the prci worth make the test.
Just let me now the result

Sincerly yours

Old 02-21-2012, 03:32 AM
gabi's PC Specs

POST ID # = 562989

The problem is that my motherboard doesn't support AHCI mode in Bios as most nForce chipsets don't do. Only SATA and IDE is possible in my bios. If I can get anywhere near 400 I would be really happy for now I've to do with 136 mb/s read until the controller arrives I'll let you know how it goes. This might be the only physical solution apart from buying a new motherboard with intel chipset.

Old 02-22-2012, 05:07 PM
gabi's PC Specs

POST ID # = 563312

So any advice from Corsair?

Old 03-05-2012, 04:28 PM
gabi's PC Specs

POST ID # = 565600

I have some problems getting the U3S6 controller to work. I found a solution to my Sata I speed problem. I download the newest drivers for nForce:

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/nforc...driver-uk.html

Now I've Sata II speeds. Now my next step is to get the Asus controller to work and see if I can get better results then Sata II. For now I'm happy that I finally achieved what I bought the SSD for which are Sata II speeds and for the future Sata III speeds.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:39 AM
hopsopotamus's PC Specs

POST ID # = 566052
hopsopotamus Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabi View Post
I have some problems getting the U3S6 controller to work. I found a solution to my Sata I speed problem. I download the newest drivers for nForce:

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/nforc...driver-uk.html

Now I've Sata II speeds. Now my next step is to get the Asus controller to work and see if I can get better results then Sata II. For now I'm happy that I finally achieved what I bought the SSD for which are Sata II speeds and for the future Sata III speeds.
I did exactly this before I even found this thread. I have been google-ing for hours upon hours upon hours. I've got the Force GT 180 SSD.

In the M2N Mobo I have, it has the nVidia 570 chipset and I have tried updating the drivers as well as trying the M$ driver which many suggested because they saw a bit of a speed boost out of it while I saw the opposite. I saw about 140MB/s write speed using the latest nforce driver while I saw 125MB/s with the M$ one. All of my other 5 HDDs are showing running at Sata II 3.0Gb/s while my SSD shows it is running at Sata I speeds 1.5Gb/s. My BIOS is set for AHCI and that is how I performed the install. The SSD arrived here yesterday and I double checked it had the latest firmware. Can't tell you how annoying it is though that the HDDs show up as Sata 2 yet the SSD Sata 1. While I admit that it was a drastic improvement from my previous HDD this new drive should be more than capable of being compatible with Sata II.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Old 03-08-2012, 04:00 PM
gabi's PC Specs

POST ID # = 566135

Did you try to change in the Bios Sata controller mode to IDE mode or raid mode. Also try to have the newest nForce drivers installed. I think you should have at least the following 2:

SATAIDE Driver (v11.1.0.43) WHQL
SATARAID Driver (v11.1.0.43) WHQL

Old 03-08-2012, 04:01 PM
gabi's PC Specs

POST ID # = 566136

Do you happen to also have some freezing problems? I've sometimes that the system freezes for 1 minute and then continues working which is a 2nd problem I've now.