Corsair Community

iCUE “Quiet” “Balenced” and “Extreme” filters not ramping up h100i fan rpm

Grungefadedn94

I’ve been dealing this problem for months, contacted Corsair multiple times, submitted Reddit posts, but still can’t figure out what the issue is. When I select my “h100i platinum se” tab on iCUE, I’ll go to performance and select one of the 3 default performance filters “Quiet, Balenced and Extreme” and none of them seem to be ramping up my h100i fans (White LL120’s) rpm higher then 800RPM. It’s almost as if iCUE isn’t recognizing the LL120’s max rpm or something. However when I make a custom fan curve for my h100i fans, they ramp up fine, hitting the max 2200rpm. I also have 4 other white LL120’s connected to a Corsair Commander Pro but those don’t have this problem. It’s just my h100i platinum se connected fans. Any ideas on how to fix this? I’ve provided a video I submitted to the Corsair Reddit page illustrating the issue...https://www.reddit.com/r/Corsair/comments/f7xbf6/is_this_normal_for_default_performance_tab/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Hi, in that reddit thread, one user points out that your coolant temperature is also low. The preset curves are running off of your coolant temperature and I believe it starts ramping up around 30 some degrees C. It does seem pretty low for a 9900K running 100%, so I would make sure you have good contact with the CPU/Cold Plate and see how long it takes for the coolant to heat up.

There's nothing to fix; it's operating as it should.

The fan speeds are based on the coolant temperature, not the CPU temperature. As your coolant temp isn't really increase, neither are your fans. The built-in curves won't start ramping up the fans significantly when the coolant is at 26C.

This is the correct (and desired) behavior.

So at what temperature should my pump be before my AIO fans start to ramp up? I’ve noticed after playing Modern Warfare for a while that my speeds didn’t change even with my pump temp at around 30-33c. I should also prob mention that my rig is set up in my basement where the ambient temps get pretty cool especially since it’s winter. The Corsair rep that responded to my email told me to delete iCUE, delete the app data folders and to run ccleaner then install again which led me to believe this was an actual issue which is why I asked.

i had my sons i7-7700k being cooled by a h150i upstairs and when I set his iCUE performance filters to extreme, they seemed to ramp up all the way to max which was 2200-2600rpm. This previous experience with the software was one of the reasons I raised concern. However someone else pointed out the default performance filters were controlled by the pumps liquid temps but also during the video, I had prime95 running for a bit which I would expect raise my pump coolant temps significantly.

i had my sons i7-7700k being cooled by a h150i upstairs and when I set his iCUE performance filters to extreme, they seemed to ramp up all the way to max which was 2200-2600rpm. This previous experience with the software was one of the reasons I raised concern. However someone else pointed out the default performance filters were controlled by the pumps liquid temps but also during the video, I had prime95 running for a bit which I would expect raise my pump coolant temps significantly.

It will. Eventually. It takes some time. That video really wasn't very long. Run it for an hour. Then you'll see the temps increase. And they did increase in that video by a couple of degrees. When your starting point is 24-25C, you have a ways to heat up before the fans ramp up.

Also, the ambient temp of that room will have an impact. I'm going to guess that room is quite chilly. On your son's system, I'm going to venture to guess that his coolant temps were in the 30's and his starting point was higher.

It will. Eventually. It takes some time. That video really wasn't very long. Run it for an hour. Then you'll see the temps increase. And they did increase in that video by a couple of degrees. When your starting point is 24-25C, you have a ways to heat up before the fans ramp up.

Also, the ambient temp of that room will have an impact. I'm going to guess that room is quite chilly. On your son's system, I'm going to venture to guess that his coolant temps were in the 30's and his starting point was higher.

This is correct. He’s upstairs where the heater operates. And yes the downstairs is like the antarctic which was one of the reasons I set up everything down there to keep a lot of my components running cooler. I guess it worked a little too well.

Well, I have the same issue here with my H115i and my solution was disconnect the fans from the watercooler and plug them on the motherboard, tried several possible workaround but no one worked. I have currently no firmware update available to download and install so I think I'll be using this "solution" for the watercooler lifetime...

Well, I have the same issue here with my H115i and my solution was disconnect the fans from the watercooler and plug them on the motherboard, tried several possible workaround but no one worked. I have currently no firmware update available to download and install so I think I'll be using this "solution" for the watercooler lifetime...

You can create your own fan curve profile in iCue and have it based off of CPU temp. That is what I ended up doing so I could get my fans to spin faster as CPU temp rose so that the coolant temp would rise more slowly under heavy load or stay pretty close to the same temp for most uses. I find that you can not add a custom profile to the pump speeds though.