Corsair Community

MSI Game Boost - Too Risky?

Cooknn

I love my new Corsair One i164 PC. I'm using it as the box to run my racing simulation Assetto Corsa Competizione. With the 2080Ti I am able to run the Epic game preset, but would love a few more fps if I can get them without too much of a cost. I'm not unfamiliar with overclocking, but it's been a while. Want to make sure this MSI standard bios option isn't jacking up my voltage so high it puts my new amazing hardware at risk. Your opinions would be appreciated.

IMG_0686.thumb.jpg.3348f564420ae6dc8356ee450dded288.jpg

• Corsair Employee

Game Boost generally does an okay job at this, but like many auto-overclocking solutions from motherboard vendors, they can run rich as far as voltage settings go. It really shouldn't hurt anything, but you may notice a sharp increase in heat being produced which may or may not be too much for the cooling system in your i164.

Give it a shot, if it doesn't work, simply turn off Game Boost and do it the old fashioned way. :)

Well, after all that Game Boost didn’t even work. Windows wouldn’t boot. I find it hard to believe that 4.8Ghz at 1.264V would have issues, but obviously there’s another setting that needs adjustment. Anyways, I decided to run at the stock settings. My rig is fast as it is, and I like cool and quiet as opposed to hot and loud. Thanks for the reply.

There's no harm in trying it, if it heats too much, you might want to do it without the boost but If you want to get more detail information on this topic, then you can read about it in detail by going to the eleggible website and you can get more information Edited by margotti