Corsair Community

ICUE wont open

brettol

Did you also change the following values?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]

CORSAIR iCUE Software="\"C:\\Program Files\\Corsair\\CORSAIR iCUE Software\\iCUE Launcher.exe\" --autorun

AND

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\CorsairService

ImagePath"="C:\Program Files\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\Corsair.Service.exe"

I have this same problem. Went away hunting for 2 weeks, came home, started my computer that was working perfectly fine when i left, had a win10 update and a icue update and boom. done. icue no longer works. went and did every step that everyone said on here and nothing works. shows in task manager, but does not show up in start menu. for me this really sucks as i have a corsair k95 keyboard, corsair m65 mouse, corsair mm800 mouse pad and corsair void pro headset that has crappy sound now!!!!! Corsair, ive never used such buggy software in my life. really regreting buying your products and at this point will never again!!!! Just a fyi, i dont use that malbytes or malware programs. i updated adobe flash and java. i uninstalled icue following all steps and reinstalled. nothing changes it!

I updated to the latest ICUE version today and it seems like I made a mistake. The application is taking 28% CPU and won't open. It's not on the task bar, but it's in the task list. The desktop icon does nothing. I tried a clean uninstall and re-install as per the software FAQ and nothing.

Well after doing a full system restore, i went into my downloads folder and sure enough i had the 3.18.77 version sitting there. i downloaded it and now icue works. This tells me its all a corsair issue and its sad to know they arent helpping the people who bought there products. if i can figure out how to upload the file for you guys i will tomorrow.

Looks like previous versions are hiding in the download folder on the website.

The prior version is here:

http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.21.88_release.msi

You might be able to fiddle with the version numbers to get even older ones.

iCUESetup_3.14.104_release.msi

iCUESetup_3.15.101_release.msi

iCUESetup_3.18.77_release.msi

iCUESetup_3.19.120_release.msi

iCUESetup_3.21.88_release.msi

iCUESetup_3.22.74_release.msi

I have had the same problem after installing version 3.23.66 the way it worked for me was to uninstall icue then download the application again but before you download it to say your downloads folder within that folder create a new folder so all the contents is in a separate folder follow the instructions to download the application then double click on that folder and it should the open you should see icue on the taskbar should now be ok from now

• 9 months later...
Fixed what? If i try to update from 3.18.77 the program just shuts itself down right after i start it. And also the current version just out of the blue delets my custom settings and set the fans and pump to quiet and it can not cool down my cpu so it crashes. It's the 360mm 150i cooler. Why are the default quiet? What ***** programed this? I am just going to buy another aio cooler from another manufacturer, this is not acceptable.

• 3 weeks later...
IVE FOUND THE PROBLEM ITS IN THE NEW UPDATE so really all you have to do is uninstall EVERYTHING in icue like run the installer and uninstall and delete your settings in checkbox and re-install and DO NOT CHECK OFF OR CHECK ANYTHING IN SETTINGS AT THE BOTTOM TILL A NEW UPDATE IS OUT (not you may not have lighting but you can play again) PS if you do checkbox something you will have to do this again. you can change lighting for SOME things because some things arent getting detected anymore either.

• 3 weeks later...

This recently happened to me as you can tell by the date of the post. I downloaded the most recent software 3.35.152 (11/13/2020) because it wouldn't open...or maybe I didn't give it a chance.

To be fair, the last place that I left things was after a few reinstall/reboots and I finally changed the software folder and nothing happened. I left the room to do a laundry install/reinstall (swapped from washer to dryer) and then play with the cat and when I returned, ICUE had opened.

One thing that I noticed that was new was that I can now manipulate the colors on the motherboard (ASUS 570 TUF) that I installed a couple of months ago.

I hope this helps.

• 1 month later...
This happened to me as well. None of the suggestions fixed the issue. But I found that my problem was from Asus Armoury Crate. I was lucky that I had recently installed an Asus Ryou AIO. When I noticed iCue crashing I uninstalled both Armoury Crate and iCue then reinstalled them and everything started working again. I'm seeing a lot of people with Asus mobos with this issue so it may be that Armoury Crate or AI suite or some other Asus software is having a conflict with iCue. Hope that helps someone!

Hi, I am having some problems with Icue, it won't open although it's running in the background as I can see from task manager.

I have un-installed and re-installed I have also manually deleted the corsair files from the registry and still no luck.

Anyone have any ideas?

Since you have Uninstaller it already do a clean install for the ICUE Software. If you have problems afterwards, right click the program box and click troubleshoot compatibility. Then check the box for previous windows version and send it back to windows 8. This should fix your problem as well as the resizing issues that the software likes to do. This solution fixed my problems. Do not check for automatic updates within the software either for the future. Happy New Years.

I seem to be having the same issue. I had this before on a previous install. Due to a hardware upgrade I have recently reinstalled my PC completely, and for about 2 days, iCUE worked again, though as of yesterday, suddenly I have the same issue again where it starts in task manager, but nothing else happens.

I've tried all proposed solutions in this thread, but none of them have helped so far for me.

In addition, attempting to run the installer (to attempt a repair) also seems to do the same thing.

Edited by wizarduss

I found out what the issue was in my case.. In the windows language settings, you can set the decimal separator and the thousands separator. If those are set to the same character it doesn't work. As soon as those are different characters, iCUE opens as norrmal.

Same here, Icue will not open, tried fresh install, removing asus armory crate, cleared appdata local and roaming (and deleting) even tried changing language settings like above to no avail. Simply to make my ram glow pretty colours.

Vengance Ram 16gb

ROG STRIX motherboard

windows 10 (latest update)