Corsair Community

H115i Platinum: USB reconnect every now and then, lighting goes crazy

momorious

And another message which is nice to read!

So now lets just hope Corsair is able to fix this issue within their service so we all can use moving lighting profiles again .. :)

You think it needs a new iCUE version for a hotfix for their service? Because that would mean roughly another month at least... :(

I would be surprised if there was an out-of-band hotfix for the service. I've never seen them do that. The monthly release cycle is tough enough. But ... who knows?

Forgot a cmt about the Unicorn Barf Zone .. well, pretty funny if you ask me.. :D haha. :D But normally it would be enough to just have spiral rainbow on the pump, no need to enable full unicorn style. :D

Well, I just wanted to be sure.

My 9 yo daughter liked it tho.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mhm okay so best hope is now December release of iCUE for the fix in their service...

BTW did you read my previous post? We posted at the same time, not that you missed that post... ^^

Not sure if we are or aren't. Certainly, that's not the same behavior that I'm seeing but it may still be the same root cause.

Not sure if we are or aren't. Certainly, that's not the same behavior that I'm seeing but it may still be the same root cause.

Okay. So at least I have hopes now that this issue is not hardware related to my specific pump but is more a software issue as I thought from the very beginning..even when the behavior is different.. I think I can now cancel the return process with the shop where I bought it to keep this pump..?! ^^

Quick update: 5 hours usage yesterday with just a static white color profile for the pump and not one USB reconnect. So I can now very savely say this USB reconnect is directly related to a moving color profile like arc, spiral rainbow etc as it only happens with these color profiles.

Now the wait begins when Corsair release a fix for their service so we all can actually use our pumps as intended because in its actual state colorwise it's the same as a normal Pro because you can't really make use of the 16 LEDs in all its intended glory.. :/

Hey i got the 100i RGB Platinum and a simular issue.

At least I think - a maybe kinda weird question: how many actual little cables/contacts are at the 3pin cable of the pump? I got one and i am not sure if that is my issue.

if that is correct i have a simular issue but the led wont light up at all. (it worked fine for the first few days). the fans connected to the pump are working fine

Hey i got the 100i RGB Platinum and a simular issue.

At least I think - a maybe kinda weird question: how many actual little cables/contacts are at the 3pin cable of the pump? I got one and i am not sure if that is my issue.

Not sure I understand what you are asking here. Are you referring to one of the lighting connectors? If so, then that's correct and by design. That's the Data Out connection for Fan #2, which isn't required.

if that is correct i have a simular issue but the led wont light up at all. (it worked fine for the first few days). the fans connected to the pump are working fine

Have you restarted the service? (Settings ... Restart iCue Service)

No i meant the power connector (the 3-pin cable that goes into the MB). it is a 3-pin cable but there is only one conductor and the other 2 are just empty. and i am not sure that is how it should be and it may behave odd because of that?

i dont know how to word it otherwise at the moment.

and if it correct that way: i closed the service, i tried all usb onboard slots and also an external connection but the led wont light up. the pump is working fine except that and i can see the temperature and all that stuff in iCUE

No i meant the power connector (the 3-pin cable that goes into the MB). it is a 3-pin cable but there is only one conductor and the other 2 are just empty. and i am not sure that is how it should be and it may behave odd because of that?

i dont know how to word it otherwise at the moment.

That's not the power connector. The power is plugged in to SATA. That cable simply provides a fan tachometer signal to the CPU_FAN header so you don't get a CPU Fan error on boot.

and if it correct that way: i closed the service, i tried all usb onboard slots and also an external connection but the led wont light up. the pump is working fine except that and i can see the temperature and all that stuff in iCUE

How did you "close" the service? Closing iCue doesn't do it ... there is a button in the Settings screen for "Restart iCue Service".

my lights flickers as if the signal is being disrupted somehow from time to time when i'm using arc.

i think it's the same issue u've described.

how are you noticing the usb disconnect? windows sounds? i mean how do you know it's your pump disconnecting and reconnecting?

Edited by violentmercury

This usually happens to me after a cold start. Every time I start my PC, I have to double check to make sure the fan curves are working, lighting is working, etc. Quite annoying.

I've found that killing the application and restarting it after seems to make it a bit more stable. If I restart the Corsair service, my fan curves on my Commander Pro bug out and I have to play around with switching profiles before it works again.

No response on my ticket or indication they are working it. I've uploaded many logs as well to help resolve the issue if need be.

Hi,

Just want to let you know i’m experiencing this too. Installed it a couple of days ago. Still running the default rainbow effect on the rgb. Restarting the service solves it until i restart windows. Since i’ve only used it for two days i don’t have much experience with it yet but so far it works fine when i boot up windows. The issue starts when i fire up World of Warcraft. Haven’t tested with other games yet.