Corsair Community

Corsair h80i v2 Issues

teckthekid

Hello,

I have a Corsair h80i v2 for around 2 years now and it worked great.

About two weeks ago it became very loud.

Fan speeds are stuck at 1560 rpm.

I can change as much as I want in iCUE but speeds do not change.

I tried to reinstalling software but to no help.

Any ideas on what can I do?

Find the two fan connectors on the pump's controller and swap them. 1 <-> 2

The H80i v2 is a single fan channel, so one of the fans is the "control fan" and the other one mirrors its behavior. Possible the current control fan has developed a fault in its control wire. Other possibilities as well, but this is the easiest one to check.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem.

I have tried doing that to no sucess...

There is definitely one maun header of the two coming from the pump, i noticed because unplugin the non-main one made me have rpm response on screen (in-app), but unplugin the main one cuts rpm response to zero on screen.

Still it resorted in failure... rpm is 1320-1400 constantly.

I noticed that the main pwm header coming from the pump has 4 pins and the non-main one as 3 pins, but the 3rd one is at the left far side. And my fans have only 3 conectors. Could it be that the 4th is the control one???

And my fans have only 3 conectors. Could it be that the 4th is the control one???

There is your problem. The pump has a PWM controller that provides 12v at all times. You are using DC 3 pin fans that need to have the voltage lowered to reduce speed. That will never happen.

You need to move those fans to the motherboard for control or use 4 pin PWM fans.

There is your problem. The pump has a PWM controller that provides 12v at all times. You are using DC 3 pin fans that need to have the voltage lowered to reduce speed. That will never happen.

You need to move those fans to the motherboard for control or use 4 pin PWM fans.

I thought so... But was hoping for a software solution :D:

Guess i have no other option :sigh!:

Thanks mate!