View Single Post
Old 07-05-2019, 04:58 PM
acemaninwa871's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1010393
acemaninwa871 Reputation: 10
Default Rampage v extreme icue not seeing ram.

After ordering a second set of this ram (CMW32GX4M4C3000C15) for my wifes computer, she has a Rampage V extreme mb. Nothing I did would make icue see this ram and let me configure the LED's. I enabled the SPD function in the bios, enabled and disabled xmp. Did everything the forum said to do. But absolutely nothing worked. Then I read a post about a guy who removed his ram, installed it in a friends computer and was able to see it in the icue software, configured the LED's and then reinstalled it in his computer, and it not only did the LED's work the way he wanted, but now icue saw the ram. So since I had two sets of this ram, I decided to swap it from my computer (which the LED's were configured) to my wifes. Well low and behold not only did the LED's flow the way I wanted, but icue now saw the ram. I am not sure why this is. I then installed my the new ram I purchased for my wife into my computer (rampage VI extreme Omega) and was able to see it and configure it as normal.

So it appears that in some cases if you can install the ram in a different computer and configure the LED's, you can then remove it and put it back in the computer it failed to recognize the ram in the icue software, and it should now see it. I am not saying this is a fix for all scenario's, but it might work for some. Hopefully this helps someone out there.