Corsair Community

How to get rid of iCUE motherboard integration?

ksj4477

The last iCue Update it integrated my motherboard without me wanting iCUE to do it. I didn't want to integrate the motherboard because I have an Asus graphics card and I'd rather just control the MB and graphics card in Aura until I can control everything in iCue someday. After the last update I can't control the graphics card light in Aura and it blinks orange. This is annoying. How do I get rid of the MB integration in iCue and hopefully be able to control graphics card light again?

Thanks

There are two ways.

1) Disable plugins. This may prevent other stuff from working tho.

2) Delete the Asus plugin folder under C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\plugins. The downside here is that you'll need to do this with every update.

Either will work. Neither is perfect. What we need is the ability to disable specific plugins.

Thanks Dev,

I didn't do anything to the software and started my computer this morning, it seemed like Aura was controlling the MB and the graphics card but my Vengeance RGB ram's lighting was frozen. I tried restarting iCUE which didn't help, so I restarted my computer and now everything works as it was supposed to meaning iCUE is controlling everything except the graphics card which is being controlled by Aura. I'd be happy with it if it stayed this way and not randomly do weird things. At some point i'll want different colors and i'll have to open Aura to change the graphics card light and I fear it will go haywire again.

I have an older motherboard Maximus Hero IX Z270 so maybe that's an issue too? I didn't iCUE was supposed to run a MB that old?

There are two ways.

1) Disable plugins. This may prevent other stuff from working tho.

2) Delete the Asus plugin folder under C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\plugins. The downside here is that you'll need to do this with every update.

Either will work. Neither is perfect. What we need is the ability to disable specific plugins.

I have an Asus x570 CH8 and Vengeance PRO RGB memory in which I installed a plug-in to allow Aura Sync to control the memory lighting. As I have aRGB fans and led strips on the motherboard headers, I do not want iCue controlling lighting on this particular system but this update completely borked it all.

Will deleting this folder prevent Aura Sync from controlling the memory now? Seems short sighted not to include a way to prevent iCue from taking over the system.

• Corsair Employee
The last iCue Update it integrated my motherboard without me wanting iCUE to do it. I didn't want to integrate the motherboard because I have an Asus graphics card and I'd rather just control the MB and graphics card in Aura until I can control everything in iCue someday. After the last update I can't control the graphics card light in Aura and it blinks orange. This is annoying. How do I get rid of the MB integration in iCue and hopefully be able to control graphics card light again?

Thanks

As Devbiker mentioned, go to settings and uncheck the box "Enable plugins." This will disable the ASUS plugin from loading in iCUE. The only other plugin available is for Lenovo so this should not concern you.

I have an Asus x570 CH8 and Vengeance PRO RGB memory in which I installed a plug-in to allow Aura Sync to control the memory lighting. As I have aRGB fans and led strips on the motherboard headers, I do not want iCue controlling lighting on this particular system but this update completely borked it all.

Will deleting this folder prevent Aura Sync from controlling the memory now? Seems short sighted not to include a way to prevent iCue from taking over the system.

You think it is short sighted that iCUE by Corsair shouldn't control Corsair products natively?

AFAIK, it won't control the Z270 series boards but I don't have one installed at the moment to confirm this. So yeah, that's odd.

Did you disable plugins and/or delete the Asus folder?

The Z270 board is being controlled in iCUE and seems to be fully controllable at the moment. I didn't tell iCUE to control it or do anything special, after the last iCUE update it showed up in iCUE.

It seems like everything is working right so I am going to leave the plugin enabled for now. If it gets weird again I'll disable it. I really hope Corsair is planning on integrating ASUS graphics cards because it would be awesome to control everything through iCUE.

• 4 months later...
u think it is short sighted that iCUE by Corsair shouldn't control Corsair products natively?

No, but now I have a system that controls everything through Aura, ONLY for my ram I need a different program(S) that break after updates... I feel a stable solution will never be provided... This is not very user-friendly...

Would be great if Aura can control the ram directly, or a simple little prog that enables this. Don't get me wrong, I think iCue is a great program. But I can't use it because it can't control the mobo addressable headers or my HUE system, and besides that I shouldn't be forced to use it..

So only because of my Corsair RGB Vengeance PRO ram this whole experience has been less then fun...

Really hope in the coming years the industry will decide on a standard and stick by it.

Edited by Joosen

• 4 months later...
My issue here is that ZoomText, iCUE, AURA, and ThermalTake have had a clash of titans battle on my system and I can't use my REQUIRED software ZoomText (I'm 75% blind) due to all of the conflicts. I've already completely replaced the $450 in Thermaltake fans with Noctua fans and get better performance anyway. So now I just need to resolve the conflicts I have with ZoomText, iCUE, and AURA Sync. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. I can't seem to find the right forum for this issue so here I am. At the moment the iCUE software is in large I think the biggest culprit and so I'm posting here. I have used several different keyboards that have macro keys and the Corsair K57 and K95 have been my favorites thus far. I also have the Dark Core SE mouse and a Virtuoso SE headset. AURA lighting freezes and ZoomText seems to crash or stop functioning properly once iCUE starts after initial startup,. The whole point of the macro keyboard is so that I can control the functions of the ZoomText like zoom in and out and speech more easily. Therefore if I can't get this resolved I'm just selling all the corsair hardware (about $650 worth) just as I did with Thermaltake and get something that works. Please help a vision-impaired person work better.