View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 04:24 PM
bmcambra's PC Specs

POST ID # = 967393
bmcambra Reputation: 10
Default iCue seemingly losing connection to Fan #1

I've submitted a support ticket, but was hoping the community might also help as I'm very new to this...

I recently built a new computer from the ground up and chose to include a corsair lighting system for my case. This included a commander pro, which operated fantastically when first connected. It has been roughly a week since building my computer, but I've noticed some troubling inconsistencies.

First, a friend noted that one of my fans was not spinning. I checked iCue and saw that Fan #1 was not listed (2-6 were listed without issue). I assumed I had a bad connection and shut down my computer, unplugging and re-plugging the Fan #1 position on the commander pro. Upon startup, everything operated within expectations.

The next day, I turned my computer on and everything was normal, all 6 fans (and 4 lighting strips) spinning and lighting up as expected. Later however, I noticed Fan #1 had fallen off my fan list in iCue. The fan still spun/lit up, but I apparently had lost control/connection. I powered down, unplugged, and re-plugged in the fan. Upon startup, Fan #1 was not spinning. I powered down immediately and repeated the unplug/re-plug process. This time, upon startup all fans spun properly and appeared in iCue.

Is this a known issue? I do NOT want to keep opening my case to mess with my fans, and am very disappointed in the quality of this $250+ lighting system that doesn't seem to work well.

my Rig:
CPU: Intel i7-8700k
MOBO: ASUS Maximus X Hero (with wifi)
GPU: MSI 1070 GTX 8gig
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO (x2 8gb sticks, 16gb total)
CPU cooler: Corsair H100i Pro - fans controlled by Commander PRO
PSU: Corsair RM850x
Case: Corsair Crystal 570x
SSD: Samsung 860 evo (both 250gb (OS) and 1tb(data/gaming)

Lighting:
Commander Pro
- controlling x6 hd120 fans (including x2 CPU heatsink fans)
- controls x4 light strips from the lighting node pro bundle
- fans connected to LED Hub (which then connects to Commander) for fan lighting effects
- USB connected to MOBO