View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 05:43 AM
vicster's PC Specs

POST ID # = 469397
vicster Reputation: 10
Exclamation Freeze with CMT6GX3M3A2000C8

hello Masters And Commanders!

I am a fairly desperate fellow here with a monster machine acting up like a child, i have been out of the OC game for sometime, due to lack of time and some broken parts i was to lazy to get replaced.

now i finally got them replaced, namely my 6GB Corsair Dominator-GT 2000Mhz set.

I got a brand new set from corsair cause the set i had returned had been discontinued apparently. (new set = CMT6GX3M3A2000C8)
but it seems that the bugs haunting me before i concluded they where broken have not left me, with these replacements.

Now enough with the story telling and on to the issues at hand.
I really hope you can help me narrow down this issue and maybe even help me solve it.

Issue is as follows:
i had a broken set of Dominators that i returned and i got a fresh new set back from dear corsair, installed them. happy as i child, only to be let down by the fact that the system:

1. Froze with everything on "auto" = Freezing after a cpl of minuts depending on use pattern (gaming = quick ; browsing = slow)

since my other set of memory failed i have bought a set of 6GB (i do not prefer this manufacturer) whom are running without a hitch.
I would love to have my machine running with the intended set of memory instead of my "temporary replacements" .. but if they freeze even on "Auto" i am at a loss...

I hope I am making sense, and that you can help me out here.. finally getting this system running as-it-should would be awsome!

Thanks in Advance!

Vicster!

Last edited by Wired; 10-03-2010 at 09:50 PM. Reason: removed specs; already in profile