Corsair Community

H115i question

bsanders03

Hello,

I have the CORSAIR Hydro Series, H115i RGB PLATINUM, 280mm that I am looking to put into my system. I am getting the CORSAIR Crystal Series 570X RGB Mirror Black Tempered Glass, Premium ATX Mid Tower Case.

When looking at the specs of this case, I don’t see the H115i listed to fit in this case but heard it may.

Any help here or recommendations. Anything would help.

Running in my system a

Asus rog x570 crosshair viii WiFi

Ryzen 9 3900, possibly 3950 when it comes out

2 - m.2 MP600 SSD

MSI GeForce 2080 TI Gaming Trio

2x16 DDR4-3200 CL16

Corsair 1000 watt power supply

Also, I am looking at running the larger 140mm fans as well for additional cooling.

Will I need the lighting node pro as well? Does the case cone with this? Little bit confused on that

If anyone has done a build like this, any help or pics would be great.

Edited by bsanders03
Add more info

Will this replaces the 3 fans in the front of the case that comes with the case or does this mount behind those 3 fans. So in a sense it would be a total of 5 fans in the front?

What size fans can those ones go up to? Just looking to maximize my cooling options.

It is possible to keep the 3 RGB fans on the front glass, mount the radiator behind them, then use the proper 140mm fans on the interior. If you search the case forums, you will find a lot of this (use 570x tag), although once the H150i Pro came around, most used the natural 360mm fit.

This thread started before the case was available and then moves on in the timeline.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=164727&highlight=570X

This is a 280mm radiator mounted behind the 3x120.

I don't know how else to explain the front rail is cut for 3x120 fans. A 140mm fan is wider than that, so the edges will be visually obstructed by the 120mm mounting rail. Additionally, 2x140mm fans will not be as tall as 360mm leaving gaps at the top and bottom. Obviously mounting a 360mm radiator to the back of three 120mm fans is less complicated than the combination 3x120/280mm/2x140 listed above.

Commander Pro is not strictly necessary and you can make it functional using a combination of the H115i fan headers and the motherboard. However, the C-Pro makes life a lot easier to get the two sides of the radiator to run approximately the same speed. This can be very difficult using standard MB variables like CPU temp, unless your MB has a temp sensor probe that is also usable as a control source. Either way, the Commander Pro is pretty useful if you are committed to the Corsair RGB system and will get fan control completely into the desktop software - no more BIOS fiddling.

I came across this video..

[ame]

[/ame]

In this video it shows them using the H150I. This is the exact setup I am looking for, and fan placements.

The only 2 things that are different are, he doesn't have the 2080 TI graphics card, which is slightly larger, and also his motherboard is different that mine. Mine is the ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VIII 570X.

Will this setup in the video still work? This is my final question, if it will then I am good to go!

The motherboard isn’t relevant. GPU length certainly is and will pose the same obstacle for the 280mm H115i or 360mm H150i. However, doing that double stack of fans on the 280 will certainly reduce GPU clearance by another 25mm. You’ll need to compare your length to the maximum listed in the case specs, then subtract 30mm for the H150i radiator. The front fans are already calculated into the max length.

There are no Corsair offered Commander Pro + fans packages. There may be some vendors who put together package deals, but be careful and do the math. Most of the ones I have seen from 3rd parties are not deals at all.

If you are shopping for other HD/LL/ML RGB fans, they often come in a triple 120x3 pack as well as singles. The multi pack will include a Lighting Node Pro to Link the devices to the software. You won’t use it as the Commander Pro replaces it and serves the same function. However, there is also a RGB Lighting Hub in the multipack and that is something you always need. The case will have one for those SP-RGB fans, but you would need a second for LL or any other fan type. You can’t mix SP fans with other types. The multipack still has value even if you don’t use the LNP.

Make sure you look through the guide below.

Zotty’s RGB Guide

Edited by c-attack

Case Dimensions 480mm x 234mm x 512mm

Maximum GPU Length 370mm

Maximum PSU Length 225mm

Maximum CPU Cooler Height 170mm

Case Expansion Slots 7

Case Drive Bays ”(x2) 3.5in (x2) 2.5in”

Case Form Factor Mid-Tower

Case Windowed Tempered Glass

Case Warranty Two years

iCUE enabled No

Case Material Steel

Radiator Compatibility 120mm, 240mm, 360mm

Compatible Corsair Liquid Coolers H55, H60, H75, H80i, H90, H100i, H105, H110

Case Power Supply ATX (not included)

Weight 10.9kg

Lighting RGB

Case Drive Bays 3.5" 2

Case Drive Bays 2.5" 2

Card dimensions are - 327 x 140 x 55.6 mm

So, there RGB control that comes with the case, if I change out the fans to LL, I will not be able to use that module inside the case? I will have to change it out?

Also,you mentioned 280. In the video they are using the 360mm. The dimensions of it are

396mm x 120mm x 27mm

Edited by bsanders03

You will see I attached a photo of the Corsair 570X Crystal case with the setup with how I am looking to do it. In that picture, the guy has, circled in red, LL 120 RGB Fans. Then he also has ML 120 fans, non RGB, circled in blue, in a push/pull setup across the cooler. Which I think is a good setup.

In doing this, how and where would I hook up these additional ML fans at? Would these somehow go into the commander pro, or do these hook directly into a spot on the motherboard for just basic fan power.

Would I still be able to adjust those fans in the settings of the computer as well if I hook them directly to the motherboard. I kind of like that I can control my fan speed operation in the corsair application from what I read, so If I can incorporate that into the corsair application, that would be great.

I see in some forms that I can't mix the LL120 fans with the ML120 fans on the commander pro. If this is the case, I can make all my fans the ML fans if this makes it easier. Please help me with this, as the M ML are more expensive, and would rather just use the LL120 fans where the red circles are.

For reference, he is using the H150I Pro Corsair cooler.

I will also have the MSI Geforce 2080 TI Gaming Trio graphics card installed. I believe I will still have plenty of clearance to do the push/pull setup.

Any help would be great! Thanks in advance!!

284018394_ScreenShot2019-09-03at3_55_05AM.thumb.png.5ca8dea09c2d7c8760a18113f38c3727.png

Edited by bsanders03

The easiest management setup for the above is to put one bank of three radiator fans on the H150i’s fan controller and the other on the Commander Pro. From there you can set both sides to be controllable with coolant temperature and set up matching curves. It does not matter which set you put on the C-Pro vs H150i. That will use the first three fan headers on the C-Pro, leaving 3 for the two top and 1 rear exhaust fans. All fans will be controllable through iCUE.

The ML fans that come with the H150i are not RGB, so power is all those need. The 3 front LL fans will run their RGB wire back to the RGB Lighting Hub. That leaves 3 slots for your LL top/rear fans (?).

Any fan connected to the motherboard will be outside the Corsair system and BIOS behavior will apply.

For fan speed control, you can use any combination of PWM/DC, Corsair, or non-Corsair fans. Where things are trickier is on the lighting hubs. You can only set a lighting hub for one fan type in iCUE, either all LL, all ML, etc. The program counts LEDs to program effects and a LL fan has 16 LEDs compared to the 4 on a ML. When you mix them together, solid effects work normally but things with motion will be a bit odd as the lighting will pass through the ML-RGB 4 times faster than a LL or only display part of an effect and the next part on the next fan. That won’t matter in this instance since your ML are non-RGB, but that is the fan type mixing dilemma. Note SP-RGB fans cannot mix with anything and need their own controller.

Ok. So I definitely want more LEDS so I am going to go with all LL Fans thoughout now knowing this.

Now... if I decide to change the 3 ML fans to LL RGB fans for appearance and lighting, what additional would I need. Obviously I’d buy the 3 pack that comes with the lighting node pro.

So would I only need 1 command pro for all of this?

That would give me 9 total LL RGB FANS. I wish they sold the H150i with RGB LL 120 fans. Do they?

I included an image of my possible setup. But upon looking at it, I see the RGB portion that would be controlled, but where do I plug in the 9 fans I have.

I don't think I need a splitter. I do see the commander pro has 6 ports for fan control, but I need 9.

I will be buying 3 - Ll120 RGB 3 packs with lighting node pros.

Remember I got an H150i that I am doing a push/pull setup. I am changing the 3 ML fans on it to 3 LL 120 RGB fans.

And I have a 570x Corsair Crystal Case that comes with 3 SP fans that I am changing out also to LL 120 RGB Fans.

The other 3 LL 120 fans will be mounted on the top of the case and then the back of case.

31846215_ScreenShot2019-09-04at1_57_44AM.thumb.png.759ba7b7aa304de1bc0cfb3cbf31443e.png

6 fans on Commander Pro. 3 fans on H150i. All will be software controllable.

There is only one change for going from 6LL + 3 ML (non-RGB) to 9 x LL120. You will need a second 6 port lighting hub. This is where the lighting power comes from. 6 on one. 3 one the other. Each occupies 1 lighting channel. How you divide the 9 is up to you.