View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 01:32 PM
RC_ONE's PC Specs

POST ID # = 923472
RC_ONE Reputation: 10
Default Corsair, please advise, Secure Restore for return, blank screen

Hi,

I received my new Corsair ONE Pro (still unopened), and was prepping the return unit to ship back. I uninstalled my programs, backed up my data, and started a secure Windows Restore.

When it reached about 5%, the screen went blank. I had the system set to wake the monitor on mouse and keyboard activity, but it isn't working. Also, during a Restore...it shouldn't have put the display into low power/sleep mode.

The system itself is still on, fan running...etc. I can only assume it's continuing to perform the secure Windows Restore, but as it's a slow process (Full Restore with data wipe) I have no way of knowing when it will complete. It's likely to take half a day at the pace I saw getting from 1 to 5%.

As this is the system intended to be shipped back as part of an RMA, please advise. I'm reticent to just turn it off in the middle of a Restore, though it should be able to be Restored with a Windows Restore flash drive.

Please see photo to show I was in fact performing a normal Restore.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20171016_110627.jpg (2.21 MB, 113 views)

Last edited by Technobeard; 10-16-2017 at 10:33 PM. Reason: removed embedded image - too big