Corsair Community

Corsair H100i Platinum doesnt show up in iCUE

krzysztof

Hello, yesterday I mounted the cooling, it is visible in the device manager, but after installing the ICUE it can not be seen in the program. All the time I hear the sound of disconnecting the USB device every half a minute. After turning off the program, the sound is still audible. Only after turning off the processes in the task manager the sound stops I checked all the inputs USB 2.0 on the motherboard, the rear panel USB 2.0 input, another usb cable and connected them to the laptop via a usb cable. All USB inputs in the BIOS are enabled. The voltage on all fans is 12 V. The BIOS has been updated to the latest version. I tried to connect the SATA power supply from a separate cable and it did not do anything. I have uninstalled all possible programs that could lead to problems. I tried older versions of ICUE and Corsair LINK. Everything led to the same problem. The device is not visible in the ICUE. The fans rotate at max rpm and do not glow. The pump backlight is solid blue or do not glow at all.

Debug logging, Service Error:

2019-07-14 14:44:00.7220 | 11 | KRZYSZTOF | 3.17.0.10 | PlatinumDeviceHidCommunicationHandler | ReadBufferWithRetry -> Operation timed out.

2019-07-14 16:55:41.3839 | 4 | KRZYSZTOF | 3.17.0.10 | PlatinumDeviceHidCommunicationHandler | ReadBufferWithRetry -> Operation timed out.

2019-07-14 16:55:42.3914 | 20 | KRZYSZTOF | 3.17.0.10 | PlatinumDeviceHidCommunicationHandler | ReadBufferWithRetry -> Operation timed out.

2019-07-14 16:55:43.4048 | 3 | KRZYSZTOF | 3.17.0.10 | PlatinumDeviceHidCommunicationHandler | ReadBufferWithRetry -> Operation timed out.

2019-07-14 16:55:43.4539 | 2 | KRZYSZTOF | 3.17.0.10 | DevicesMonitor | ->

System.TimeoutException: Operation timed out.

w HidSharp.Platform.Windows.NativeMethods.OverlappedOperation(IntPtr ioHandle, IntPtr eventHandle, Int32 eventTimeout, IntPtr closeEventHandle, Boolean overlapResult, NativeOverlapped* overlapped, UInt32& bytesTransferred)

w HidSharp.Platform.Windows.WinHidStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)

w HidSharp.HidStream.Read(Byte[] buffer)

w HidSharp.HidStream.Read()

w CorsairLink4.Module.PlatinumDevices.Common.PlatinumDeviceHidCommunicationHandler.ReadBufferWithRetry(Boolean withRetry)

w CorsairLink4.Module.PlatinumDevices.Common.PlatinumDeviceHidCommunicationHandler.ReadBuffer(Boolean withRetry)

w CorsairLink4.Module.PlatinumDevices.Common.PlatinumDeviceHidCommunicationHandler.WriteAndReadStatus(IOutgoingPacket outgoingPacket, Int32 atomicId, Boolean withRetry)

w CorsairLink4.Module.PlatinumDevices.PlatinumCooler.PlatinumCoolerDataProcessor.ReadStatus(Int32 atomicId)

w CorsairLink4.Module.PlatinumDevices.PlatinumCooler.PlatinumCoolerDataProcessor.ReadStatus()

w CorsairLink4.Module.PlatinumDevices.Common.PlatinumDevice.<Accept>d__0.MoveNext()

w HidSharp.Platform.Windows.NativeMethods.OverlappedOperation(IntPtr ioHandle, IntPtr eventHandle, Int32 eventTimeout, IntPtr closeEventHandle, Boolean overlapResult, NativeOverlapped* overlapped, UInt32& bytesTransferred)

w HidSharp.Platform.Windows.WinHidStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)

w CorsairLink4.Module.PlatinumDevices.Common.PlatinumDeviceHidCommunicationHandler.ReadBufferWithRetry(Boolean withRetry)

w CorsairLink4.Module.PlatinumDevices.Common.PlatinumDeviceHidCommunicationHandler.ReadBuffer(Boolean withRetry)

w CorsairLink4.Module.PlatinumDevices.Common.PlatinumDeviceHidCommunicationHandler.WriteAndReadStatus(IOutgoingPacket outgoingPacket, Int32 atomicId, Boolean withRetry)

w CorsairLink4.Module.PlatinumDevices.PlatinumCooler.PlatinumCoolerDataProcessor.ReadStatus(Int32 atomicId)

w CorsairLink4.Module.PlatinumDevices.PlatinumCooler.PlatinumCoolerDataProcessor.ReadStatus()

w CorsairLink4.Module.PlatinumDevices.Common.PlatinumDevice.<Accept>d__0.MoveNext()

2019-07-14 16:55:43.4589 | 2 | KRZYSZTOF | 3.17.0.10 | DevicesMonitor | ->

2019-07-14 16:55:43.4589 | 2 | KRZYSZTOF | 3.17.0.10 | DevicesMonitor | ->

2019-07-14 16:55:44.4212 | 19 | KRZYSZTOF | 3.17.0.10 | PlatinumDeviceHidCommunicationHandler | ReadBufferWithRetry -> Operation timed out.

2019-07-14 16:55:45.4307 | 3 | KRZYSZTOF | 3.17.0.10 | PlatinumDeviceHidCommunicationHandler | ReadBufferWithRetry -> Operation timed out.

2019-07-14 16:55:46.4367 | 3 | KRZYSZTOF | 3.17.0.10 | PlatinumDeviceHidCommunicationHandler | ReadBufferWithRetry -> Operation timed out.

2019-07-14 16:55:47.4547 | 12 | KRZYSZTOF | 3.17.0.10 | PlatinumDeviceHidCommunicationHandler | ReadBufferWithRetry -> Operation timed out.

2019-07-14 16:55:48.4706 | 12 | KRZYSZTOF | 3.17.0.10 | PlatinumDeviceHidCommunicationHandler | ReadBufferWithRetry -> Operation timed out.

I apologize in advance for the grammar, but I used the translator because my native language is not English

I have a question and a suggestion.

Question: Are you running any other monitoring tools? We often see this kind of behavior when another monitoring too that reads from the Corsair cooler is being used.

Suggestion: Use a standard (known good) micro USB cable and route to a back panel I/O USB port. This is intended to see if the USB cable that came with the cooler is potentially bad.

^^^ Start there.

Another thing you can try if you are able is leave the cooler mounted in the current system and try to run the USB cable to another computer just to see if that works. If it does then we need to dig a bit deeper on your system. If it does not, well there's your answer and the next step would be to setup a support ticket with Corsair although YMMV on that one.

As for your English, translator or not, could have fooled me :)

Thanks for replies,

1. I have uninstalled all programs that could interfere with ICUE. I wrote it before.

2. I pulled the micro usb cable from the android phone from the pump to the back panel I/O. I have also written this before

3. I connected the cable from the pump to my laptop, installed the ICUE, restarted and the same problem occurred

I think that the best thing I can do is return the product for guarantees or completely return. I've used NZXT Kraken x62 before but it turned out to be too big for my case. Another failure on my part when it comes to AIO.

Nods. I wouldn't necessarily blame yourself on this one. The H100i has been a problem child since just about release from what I have noticed. Since you have tried all the other things already I would suggest returning it to the store if possible and trying another, or maybe going with a different model. If you are able to anyway. What case do you have specifically?

I have currently Phanteks Enthoo Pro M but it can be exchanged for Corsair 460X because it looks great. I have already packed cooler and I am going to send it to the store. I like the look of this cooler so I'd rather stay with this model, but the software is terrible.

I have currently Phanteks Enthoo Pro M but it can be exchanged for Corsair 460X because it looks great. I have already packed cooler and I am going to send it to the store. I like the look of this cooler so I'd rather stay with this model, but the software is terrible.

*bold for emphasis*

Yup, welcome to Corsair my friend. :P

The good news is that if all you are going to be running is the cooler you should be fine to set everything up in ICue, save the settings to the cooler and then disable ICue. It'll work fine that way so you wont have to deal with the program.

As for the case, rather surprised you couldn't cram the Kraken in it. Just make sure to check the radiator compatibility on the 460X before you buy another cooler to make sure it will fit. The product page should have an area where you can check what will fit and where on the case. That is if you haven't already done that.

Thanks for replies,

1. I have uninstalled all programs that could interfere with ICUE. I wrote it before.

2. I pulled the micro usb cable from the android phone from the pump to the back panel I/O. I have also written this before

3. I connected the cable from the pump to my laptop, installed the ICUE, restarted and the same problem occurred

I think that the best thing I can do is return the product for guarantees or completely return. I've used NZXT Kraken x62 before but it turned out to be too big for my case. Another failure on my part when it comes to AIO.

So I think we can pretty conclusively say that there's an issue with the pump. I would return for an exchange.