View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 02:23 PM
Paul Boo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1023133
Paul Boo Reputation: 10
Default Rads and Fans and Fan trays.

I was reading through this post...
And something stuck with me from another post you did which I did not know..

"firstly. for this I will be using the 8 x 120mm Tray from Corsair's 1000d Super Tower. and 2 x Corsair Hydro X series XR7 480mm Radiators and 16 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans.

per the Icue post...
"LL RGB Fans: 16 Individually addressed LEDs, 12 around the outside and 4 around the hub. These are 4-pin PWM fans and can be controlled from any 4-pin PWM header or 3-pin DC header (PWM is preferred and provides better control). The RGB effect is only visible from the intake side of the fan.

But if you are using a push/pull method then the RGB effect on either the inside or outside will be on the radiator side of the fan and would not be able to be seen?

Is that correct or did I misunderstand...?
That is why I decided to switch to 16 of the HD fans...

"HD RGB Fans: 12 Individually addressed LEDs around the outside of the fan. These are 4-pin PWM fans and can be controlled from any 4-pin PWM header or 3-pin DC header (PWM is preferred and provides better control). They have a clear fan body and are visible from both intake and exhaust."

The only Question I have besides this is...
Is it better to have airflow from outside to inside or the reverse?
My thought was get as cool air as possible(outside Case) through radiator to cool liquid down as much as possible. then use triple 140s to pull the warm air out the top since that is the normal flow of warm/hot air.

The plan was to have 2 480s, each with it's own pump, one for Mono Block, one for GPU WB. That should give plenty of cooling to each area.

Also have the 2 120s in the back bring in cool air and exhaust out the top but my concern is I have 16 fans pulling in, albeit through the radiators PLUS 2 more fans pulling air in and only 3 140s pulling air out, I believe I am too out of balance. I might have to have the 120s in the back exhaust also.

I know then sell an optional tray to put 4 120s in the top of the case...
This might given me a little more flow but I am concerned about clearance since I am using the push/pull setup in the front.

This is where I need your advice and suggestions. Please enlighten me!

Again thank you so much for your patience and assistance.
I am a planner and hate to get this build going and hit snags...
Love the smooth route without bumps...
Bumps aggravate my arthritis and raise my blood pressure...
It's tough getting old!

Thanks...
Paul