Corsair Community

Sp fan hub with ll fans

mrshrir

So i would like to know if i order 6 ll fans, do i just plug them into the existing fan hub i got with my 460x that powers the sp fans ? it works out cheaper ordering 6 individual fans than getting 2 packs of 3 fans, i already have a fan hub and lnp. thanks for answering .

As long as you replace the push-button controller, control it from the LNP, and set the channel to 6 LL fans, you're good.

The Fan Hub is an incredibly dumb device; it does nothing but distribute signal and power. The only thing in it (besides the connectors and traces) is a capacitor.

yes i have /

another question i have , i want to connect 6 ll fans to a commander pro, and then run another 2 ll fans and rgb strips off the 2nd channel on the commander, can i connect the LNP to the free led channel on the commander and then power the last 2 LL fans from the LNP ? if i am not mistaken , LNP has 2 rgb connections ? can you just connect a single fan to each one of them ?

The LNP would be connected to the Commander Pro's USB port, if anything, not the RGB channel. And yes, the LNP has 2 Lighting Channels.

You cannot connect a fan directly to a LNP or CP channel directly, at least, not without a third party adapter.