Corsair Community

Hydro X Build So Far

Apoll-0

What other parts are you waiting on? Currently with that single rad in the bottom you may have an interesting time getting your loop down to it with that radeon in the way - unless you've got more case depth than I see, or you're planning to bulkhead through the motherboard plate and run there? There's some significant cable congestion right where your rad intake/output are as well. You might want to think about a front- or top-mounted orientation to make your life easier, but don't let me sway you from what you want to do!

Best luck man, it's coming together!

Currently waiting on the 5700xt Waterblock, rm750, fittings, and some ml120s. I tried for hours finding a way to fit the radiator on top or in front but the memory and reservoir gets in the way. I am thinking of using the extra space with the Waterblock on to tuck the cables under it. I am worried that I may have a problem with the reservoir tubing since it may bend when I put the glass panel on. Would a slight bend effect the flow at all? Thanks for the reply!

I'm assuming you're going soft-tube based on the question?

A slight bend isn't a problem, soft tube is meant to curve after all, but it is highly susceptible to kinking when you go below a particular radius, which is bad, you definitely don't want that.

I'd suggest if you can get hold of some tubing you do so early and start getting a direct in-hand feel for what you can do with it. I was surprised when i did mine about some of the tight runs I'd planned that I just could not do without doing some bizarre contortions with 45 and 90 degree fittings to change the angles and help the tube not kink up.

Best luck man. You'll have fun, even with the problems!

• Corsair Employee

Hi!

One thing you will definitely need to do. Rotate your pump/res unit so you'll be able to use the designated outlet port.

gjlRVNO.jpg

A handfull of 90° and 45° adapters will ease up the task of connecting the custom cooling parts.

Looking good otherwise, do share the final build :sunglasse