View Single Post
Old 12-26-2018, 11:15 PM
foxpur's PC Specs

POST ID # = 987107
foxpur Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
I think that is a good choice and what I would want for a 460 or 570x. You'll need to power the 3 pin SP120-RGB fans from the motherboard as they won't be controllable on the PWM H150i fan controller. That is a livable situation and not critical to operation. You also could use the SP120-RGB in the top and rear with the included non-RGB fans on the front.

I finally installed my LL fans today after quite a long period of stalling. Definitely worth the wait. However, be aware there are some complexities to running two different models of fan in the same system (SP-RGB & LL). The SP-RGB are a bit unique and take commands from a small thumb sized remote. The LL are fully software integrated and will be controlled through the iCUE application. You will need the triple pack with a Lighting Node Pro and a second RGB Lighting Hub to enable the LL to function. This is in the linked guide above as well.
I saw that in the video... I will get a set of LL within a week with the hub... then another set the next month, not sure if remounting the SP120 on the upper 2 and back is worth the 1 month difference...

Basically to get running gonna run the SP as the front
Then in a week ordering a set of LL w/hub and swap out the SP
Then in a month order another LL w/hub for the top