Corsair Community

Corsair Services and or ICue is freezing my PC every 10 minutes.

Gilgamensch

Corsair Services and or ICue is freezing my PC every 10 minutes.

When does this happen

-------------------------------------

-When I am play CSGO

CPU usage is around 20-30% when this happens (100% on 1 core)

GPU usage is around 30-50%

Seems to happen a lot more if ICue is open but even when closed (Corsair service still throws errors and freezes my PC)

What Happens

------------------------

- CPU spikes on all 8 cores (Appears to be deadlocking)

- PCI Express Root Port Crashes, causing GPU to do bad things (WHEA errors are most common when CPU based errors are happening)

- ALL USB devices disconnect and reconnect - Takes 5 seconds (Play a competitive shooter and not having mouse or keyboard for 5 seconds is TILTING)

- Game crashes some times

System

-------------

Ryzen 3700x

RTX 2070 Super

CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3600MHz

ASUS x570 Prime PRO

Commander Pro

Hydro Series™ H150i PRO RGB 360mm Liquid CPU Cooler

RM850x, 850 Watt, Fully Modular Power Supply

6 LL120 mm Fans

Logs

-------

CorsairLink4.Module.ProDevices.Common.Exceptions.ProDeviceException: No response ---> System.TimeoutException: Operation timed out.

What I Think is happening

---------------------------------------

It appears that the Corsair Service losses connection to the commander pro (Ryzen 3 polling rates could be to blame) and fails hard and does NOT properly catch exceptions and crashes Corsair services and deadlocks the CPU, which causes all kinds of issues.

THIS MAKES MY GAMING COMPUTER 100% UNUSABLE.

I'm not sure anymore this is an actual Corsair Software issue and now thinking its a Corsair Hardware issue.

I have completely uninstalled ICue and all Corsair software and the problem continues.

Running fans and cooler with defaults.

It appears that the commander pro is still disconnecting in moments of high cpu load while gaming. This in turn is causing issues with the device manager that appears to be causing the freezing and hanging due to the commander pro hardware issues.

*Also the usb ports on the commander pro do not work.

Edited by Gilgamensch

I may have found the under lying issue, need to test more under heavy load.

I used a port monitor to verify that it was the Commander Pro disconnecting that was the issue and not just a symptom. (As my entire system would become unstable when this happened)

ROOT CAUSE

-----------------------

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/...-devices-conne

All my usb devices were under 1 root hub (That's why when the commander pro became unstable it would crash the root hub all devices under it)

My guess is that the Commander Pro drivers dont play nicely if it is not the solo device under the Root Hub as for the reasons mentioned in the Microsoft link.

Why are multiple USB devices getting tossed under the same Root Hub? I have no idea. If I had to guess i would say it is a chip-set driver issue. More specifically a USB driver issue.

*I will test more tonight as I was able to get the Commander Pro under it's own Root Hub

I may have found the under lying issue, need to test more under heavy load.

I used a port monitor to verify that it was the Commander Pro disconnecting that was the issue and not just a symptom. (As my entire system would become unstable when this happened)

ROOT CAUSE

-----------------------

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/...-devices-conne

All my usb devices were under 1 root hub (That's why when the commander pro became unstable it would crash the root hub all devices under it)

My guess is that the Commander Pro drivers dont play nicely if it is not the solo device under the Root Hub as for the reasons mentioned in the Microsoft link.

Why are multiple USB devices getting tossed under the same Root Hub? I have no idea. If I had to guess i would say it is a chip-set driver issue. More specifically a USB driver issue.

*I will test more tonight as I was able to get the Commander Pro under it's own Root Hub

This is quite intriguing. Unfortunately, the link to Microsoft support is truncated. is there any way that you can post the portion of the URL after en-ph?

Ok, so after more testing the commander pro is still disconnecting but now it is just the commander pro disconnecting because it is the only device under that USB Root Hub.

The problem is 100% confirmed with the Commander Pro!

The device is responsive 99% of the time so this leads me to think this is a driver issue and not a hardware issue.

Not sure what the next steps are

It may actually be the Asus Prime X570-Pro. I have this motherboard too and am experiencing random disconnects and reconnects with the Commander Pro, even after replacing the Commander Pro. When this happens, every device in that hub also goes offline and online.

It is 100% the commander pro and or its drivers. It disconnects and crashes the Icue Software and a bunch of other issues pop up.

CORSAIR .........................GET YOUR **** TOGETHER.

I agree. I've watched it dissapear in icue then pop back on. It freezes certain games on me and cuts sound on almost every game.

Not only does it crash the Root USB hub , so all devices under that hub will also disconnect. The Corsair Service locks up and put the CPU in a deadlock , which screws almost everything up. I am seeing Audio drivers failing , PCIe errors and just about everything all due to 50 dollar part failing. LIKE REALLY CORSAIR

Not only does it crash the Root USB hub , so all devices under that hub will also disconnect. The Corsair Service locks up and put the CPU in a deadlock , which screws almost everything up. I am seeing Audio drivers failing , PCIe errors and just about everything all due to 50 dollar part failing. LIKE REALLY CORSAIR

Early adapter issues to be honest. What internal hub are you connected to, left or right one? As i found (I believe its the left one) to only share with the mobo rgb and not reset everything under the moon.

Latest update to my ticket. the icue devs are looking in to it. the asus prime pro has a unique usb chipset they say.

I just got a response yesterday from my ticket. They just told me to do a fresh install of icue. I even linked them to two of the threads here. Well hopefully they're doing what they told you.

Latest update to my ticket. the icue devs are looking in to it. the asus prime pro has a unique usb chipset they say.

I really hope Corsair will be able to fix this. Last night I lost a match of Apex Legends because the disconnect/reconnect happened during a 1v1..

I just got a response yesterday from my ticket. They just told me to do a fresh install of icue. I even linked them to two of the threads here. Well hopefully they're doing what they told you.

I don't think a reinstall of the drivers/iCue will fix this. This just looks like a compatibility issue.