View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 12:07 AM
https://builds.gg/pheelix
Pheelix's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1011283
Pheelix Reputation: 10

I can confirm it is the iCue.exe program itself causing the voltage to stay high and not its monitoring software "Corsair.Service.exe". I tested this by closing Corsair.Service.exe and Corsair.Service.CpuIdRemote64.exe making sure they don't start up again and leaving iCue running. As soon as i shutdown iCue. Voltage will drop down. If i start iCue, voltage peaks at 1.4-1.48 and stays there untill i turn of iCue again.

I know iCue isn't the only cause for this because Displayfusion keeps the voltage peaked also, And that is just a Display manager. Tho it does have to monitor the system for window and other processes for its triggering. But still, only having one of them run at a time peaks voltage and it does not go down until you close them. So I guess it is just a waiting game to see how it gets fixed. IMO Corsair still needs to do something to lower iCues process requirement. Also It didn't matter if i was on window balanced or ryzen balanced, high performance power profile. Voltage would still drop down to 0.9 on all 3 when iCue was closed.

Maybe they could add a stop monitoring box by the hardware that needs. HWinfo seems to be on the ball when it comes to that.