Corsair Community

Tutorial Use OnBoard Audio Control Panel With USB headset

shankly1985

Hello guys I have a nice Tutorial for you.

Things you need a Sound card or Onboard audio that supports Stereo Mix.

Open your Audio sound in windows control panel, and click recording. If you have Stereo Mix here you can continue with guide.

Now right click stereo mix and click properties, click listen and tick the box now select the USB headset and apply and OK.

Now click on Playback and select Onboard as default playback device, also open your Onboard audio control panel.

Now click on a speaker and you now should hear it playback on your Headset.

:D:

Now you might want to know whats the point in this? if you love listening to music etc you can now select, sound effects and enjoy the preset that on offer here.

For example when listening to Pink Floyd live, I like to use the LIVE option.

The EQ here also sounds better.

Best of all your Dolby and everything you like about the USB headset still works :D

Enjoy...

http://imageshack.us/a/img59/4715/75486629.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img202/5826/23196634.jpg

Edited by shankly1985

Unfortunately this is not working for me. Followed the steps, and does not playback through headphones.. only speakers.

System: windows 8

MB: Asus Sabertooth x79

Audio Realtek: driver 6.0.1.6657

Corsair Vengeance 2000: software 2.0.7 driver: 1.0.0.17

Hm interesting guide Shankly. Have you tried this in gaming though? I had assumed that if you set it to "Listen to this Device", there is an issue with delay (similar to the mic loopback).

Works perfect in game mate. Zero delay on my part, using the Base EQ and with RooM EQ sounds superb on BF3 :D:

Unfortunately this is not working for me. Followed the steps, and does not playback through headphones.. only speakers.

System: windows 8

MB: Asus Sabertooth x79

Audio Realtek: driver 6.0.1.6657

Corsair Vengeance 2000: software 2.0.7 driver: 1.0.0.17

See you using Windows 8, I not sure if this is why its not working for you :( Would be nice if someone else using Windows 8 could confirm this.

I got it to work for myself. But I had a bit of trouble because I needed to use an audio port on the rear, instead of a front panel jack.

It works but i hear constant white noise when enabled.

I get that too. I fixed it by leaving the Corsair headset volume really low (5%) and upping Realtek speakers volume (50%+).

But, using the mic mute/volume adjuster thing on the V1500 will only change the Corsair headset volume, not your default playback device volume(in this case, Realtek).

• 4 months later...

Omg awesome Shankly, very interesting, this works flawless with the default drivers of Windows 8.1 :), the sound is amazing!!!

I also tested this with the drivers from Corsair Vengeance 2000, also works flawless :D

Edited by mvegetto

Omg awesome Shankly, very interesting, this works flawless with the default drivers of Windows 8.1 :), the sound is amazing!!!

I also tested this with the drivers from Corsair Vengeance 2000, also works flawless :D

:D Thanks for the feedback, I also still use this method myself works superp :D

• 1 month later...

That is amazing! The way I see it we can utilize the onboard soundcard with the headset even though it's a usb headset and has it's own soundcard build in.... I have a Asus xonar DGX soundcard and I think the sound is better although still the bass isn't that heavy and deep as I want it to be.

My only problem is the static low noise in the background but it's ok.

thanks Shankly!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Oh my lord, thank you.

I was getting very frustrating with the crackling/popping in my headset.

This fixed it entirely and still sounds amazing.

I had to right click and show disabled devices in my recording tab. Put it through stereo mix.

EDIT: I like to use my speakers and my headset at the same time, weird I know right?

However, confirmed I can do this with Virtual Audio Cable and it still gets rid of the crackling and distortion.

Edited by Bazgrim

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I followed the steps, but the surround sound does not seem to work. I only get front left and front right speakers... What do I need to do to enable surround? Should I uninstall the Corsair drivers first?

I'm using Corsair H2100 and drivers/software version 2.0.35. What settings should be set there? Disable surround, set source to 2.0 stereo?