Corsair Community

Screen goes to sleep icue forgets

tomcoleman

My power profile is PC sleeps never

Screen sleeps after 10mins

When my screen goes to sleep icue reverts to its default colours and ignore my profile?

Why is this the usb and actual PC isn’t sleeping and the screen has no interaction USB or connectivity wise to icue so lost ??

Your default profile is the first non-Hardware (HW) or program linked software one at the top of your list. It is not the one named "default" unless that happens to be on top. You can achieve focus on any profile when iCUE is up and you have selected it. It will stay for a while, but any iCUE action or a major change of windows focus will likely put you back into the real default state.

Your default profile is the first non-Hardware (HW) or program linked software one at the top of your list. It is not the one named "default" unless that happens to be on top. You can achieve focus on any profile when iCUE is up and you have selected it. It will stay for a while, but any iCUE action or a major change of windows focus will likely put you back into the real default state.

but im not logging out of windows or locking my PC

My profile works perfectly logged in, i have my screen to power into sleep after 10mins. After my screen goes to sleep about 5mins after that the lighting scheme goes to default. If i move the move screen wakes and lighting is restored.

trying to figure out whats going on....

Right, what I am asking is if you are actually in the default profile before the monitor switches off. There really isn't a "make this profile my current active" kind of thing. You can select it for editing, it will stay active, but as soon as you click elsewhere and change the focus, it will revert back to the top.

In practical terms, you need to drag something to the top if you need to stay on it or set-up linked profiles to specific programs. The later can be jarring at times if you change focus a lot between multiple applications, so there are some choices to be made. I can't explain how Windows determines focus, but it seems when the monitor is off, the resume qualifies as a focus change event.

OK, then I am not sure I understand then. If there is only 1 profile, what do you mean it "goes to default"? Is everything going back to rainbow swirly mess? Do the devices drop out? I don't let my PC automatically sleep anymore either, but I do let the monitor shutoff at 10 min. I haven't noticed anything unusual lately.

OK, then I am not sure I understand then. If there is only 1 profile, what do you mean it "goes to default"? Is everything going back to rainbow swirly mess? Do the devices drop out? I don't let my PC automatically sleep anymore either, but I do let the monitor shutoff at 10 min. I haven't noticed anything unusual lately.

my profile is blue LED's

when screen goes off, it defaults back to the rainbow mess :eek:

OK, that should not happen. There is a 'hardware lighting tab' within the C-Pro and LNP device panels. That is your active lighting when iCUE is not running. That likely defaults to Spiral Rainbow, but it should not be happening at all unless iCUE is losing contact somehow. You could do a test by changing one fan (or whatever) to something else - solid green, whatever.

Are you passing any USB connections through the monitor and back to the motherboard?

ok

ive done some more testing, seems screen timeout is nothing todo with this.

so far

PC locks after 10-12mins (screen sleep set to 10mins) - icue defaults to rainbow

Manual lock (windows key+L) - icue defaults to rainbow

Restart PC NOT logged in - icue working as it should be (BUT IM NOT LOGGED IN)

very confusing, how can it be it can access my settings when I reboot/first boot and i'm not logged in yet it cant access my settings when im logged in but its locked?!