Corsair Community

CMK64GX4M2D3600C18 Overclocking

Hi,

I have overclocked CMK64GX4M2D3600C18 from 3600 C18 to 3800 C17 using 1.44v DRAM.

A few questions

- is this a safe DRAM temp for everyday use?

- do you know a Windows 10 software that can read the tempearture of the RAM? Have tried HWInfo, CorsairLink and iCue, but none work

- at what temperature would I need to use a RAM cooler?

My motherboard is MSI MEG Z390 ACE with bios MS-7B12.

1) Most likely, but temperature dependent. I run 1.40v and never break 40-42C, but different case environments can produce vastly different results.

2) iCUE, Link, and HWiNFO should be reading the RAM temp. I am not sure why they are not. Don't run HWiNFO and Link/iCUE at the same time without disabling the HWiNFO's monitoring of Corsair gear. They will get entangled tripping over each other. No need to run Link and iCUE either. If the RAM is the only Corsair product, Link is better than iCUE. But also if the RAM is the only Corsair product and since you have non-RGB Vengeance, there really is no reason to run Link or iCUE. All of which leads back to why there is no RAM temp and I think the most likely answer is the Vengeance LPX does not have the temp sensor. I need to verify.

3) Generally 60-70C is where I would be a little concerned. Most people can stay well below this with normal case fan airflow. However, if you have a hot, cramped case, with poor airflow and/or really long intensive memory workloads, that is where a RAM cooler might come in. Need to figure out something for assessing the RAM temps before going there.

1) All of which leads back to why there is no RAM temp and I think the most likely answer is the Vengeance LPX does not have the temp sensor. I need to verify.

Thanks for the reply. If you can let me know about that temp sensor that would be great.

The consensus is the Vengeance LPX does not have the temp sensor embedded. Programs like HWiNFO and AIDA are usually really good about picking up ALL the data, even when the manufacturer doesn't show it on their own (hello Asus). So if those program don't show it, I don't think it's there. My Vengeance LPX DD4 kit does not show them either, but I thought it might be because they were a first generation run of the assembly line when DDR4 launched.

Back to the decision at hand, I don't see any issues with running 1.44v daily. I am running 1.40 and my temps are barely more than the my motherboard surface temp. The only time I have seen anyone get into temp trouble on the RAM for DDR4 is when running in a really poor environment --- a combination of high work load plus NO air circulation at all. They have no top fans. They have no front fans. Your case is not exactly open mesh, but if you are running the fans at moderate levels when under load, I can't see you getting into trouble.