Corsair Community

CUE causing USB disconnect sound on startup

Antwan

We are diagnosing this issue as we speak. Can you make a RMA so we can exchange the keyboard for you and get the unit back for analysis? So far, we have found that not all keyboards exhibit this issue even on the same system. A windows update should have solved this issue too so it is odd you got it after an update.

Thank you for the reply!

Do you all think this will be fixable by an update? If so I do not mind waiting a bit for a patch. If you are saying it is a hardware defect or something that won't be resolved soon then I will RMA. I would rather not have to go through the trouble of RMA and being without a good gaming keyboard (RMA can take a bit) if a fix is on the way.

Please let me know if you need anymore info or logs from me that can help.

Edited by Alexxlvii

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Corsair Employee
Thank you for the reply!

Do you all think this will be fixable by an update? If so I do not mind waiting a bit for a patch. If you are saying it is a hardware defect or something that won't be resolved soon then I will RMA. I would rather not have to go through the trouble of RMA and being without a good gaming keyboard (RMA can take a bit) if a fix is on the way.

Please let me know if you need anymore info or logs from me that can help.

In our preliminary testing, we have seen a few possible root causes including hardware defect. In the mean time, we'll need more samples. If you contact our tech support, we can ship you a replacement via the Express RMA process so you can send yours back only after you got a new unit. Please let them know I'd like it as a FA-RMA so it physically comes to the team for inspection and analysis.

Just got a k70 lux rgb and am having the same issue. All of my USB devices will drop out for a few seconds at random, only has happened while playing bf1. I have a USB DAC plugged into a powered USB hub, two mice and an Xbox wireless controller adapter plugged into the Mobo USB ports, and the k70 lux plugged into one USB 3.0 (keyboard) and one USB 2.0 (passthrough). It's a lot of usb devices, could it be a power issue?

Any help would be appreciated!

Edited by Lockjaw333

I don't know if its related to the problem. But since the last update of software now the disconect sound is still there, but the LEDs for Capslock and Numblock stopped working from time to time. Sometimes they work, sometimes they stay black. So the software problems seems to get worse instead of getting better :/

• Corsair Employee
Just got a k70 lux rgb and am having the same issue. All of my USB devices will drop out for a few seconds at random, only has happened while playing bf1. I have a USB DAC plugged into a powered USB hub, two mice and an Xbox wireless controller adapter plugged into the Mobo USB ports, and the k70 lux plugged into one USB 3.0 (keyboard) and one USB 2.0 (passthrough). It's a lot of usb devices, could it be a power issue?

Any help would be appreciated!

Some USB ports are already a part of a hub so you could be reaching USB bandwidth issues. Look at the motherboard schematic in your manual and try to alternate the plugs between controllers.

• Corsair Employee
No Corsair staff arround ?

We don't monitor these forums for tech support. Contact our tech team instead through a ticket if you need immediate help.

As for your issue of USB disconnect, use a program like USB Deview and it can help you diagnose why the issue occurs. This isn't something triggered by CUE though can be exasperated since CUE when launched will always search for connected devices for X milliseconds before it stops polling.

I can confirm that CUE causes a USB disconnect sound on the startup of the program in both v1.x and v2.x.

Unrelated, but I've been having USB Hub crashes lately. I'm running diagnostics trying to determine the source of the issue. I hadn't considered the K70RGB as the cause, but it could be likely that something recently has changed causing the USB Hub to start shutting down.

Issues began after the Windows 10 Creators Update.

• Corsair Employee
Same exact issue here and I've described the issues this causes in the USB problems thread (http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=167807)

Here's a screenshot of USBDeview running if this helps: http://imgur.com/35L1F5t

Running CUE 2.15.83

Do you see anything out of the blue when CUE starts and you hear the disconnect sound?

• Corsair Employee
I can confirm that CUE causes a USB disconnect sound on the startup of the program in both v1.x and v2.x.

Unrelated, but I've been having USB Hub crashes lately. I'm running diagnostics trying to determine the source of the issue. I hadn't considered the K70RGB as the cause, but it could be likely that something recently has changed causing the USB Hub to start shutting down.

Issues began after the Windows 10 Creators Update.

Im not surprised. We had some issues before and after the update on certain systems.

I've experience this too with my corsair K70 lux rgb. I know its CUE becuase before the sound, the keyboard profile doesnt load until after the sound. But I found the issue for me, it only happens when my keyboard is connected to the usb 2.0 on my motherboard. When I switch to usb 3.0 the problem stops and keyboard is more stable too. Before, after I launch games the lights for Num lock, caps lock and scroll lock woundnt light up or off if they were deactivated/activated.

• Corsair Employee
I've experience this too with my corsair K70 lux rgb. I know its CUE becuase before the sound, the keyboard profile doesnt load until after the sound. But I found the issue for me, it only happens when my keyboard is connected to the usb 2.0 on my motherboard. When I switch to usb 3.0 the problem stops and keyboard is more stable too. Before, after I launch games the lights for Num lock, caps lock and scroll lock woundnt light up or off if they were deactivated/activated.

That wouldn't be a CUE issue if the USB port changing solves the issue. Thats entirely driver related.

That wouldn't be a CUE issue if the USB port changing solves the issue. Thats entirely driver related.

I'm curious, why do you think it's a driver issue? There's only one USB driver for my motherboard which is "Asmedia_USB3_V1.16.35.1" (the latest one) and if I switch to a different port, woudn't it still rely on that same driver?

Other than that, the port that I used before has the label "keyboard" on it which is linked to ROG Keybot chip, maybe that's the issue? I don't use this feature though as CUE have all the functions of keybot already.

Edit: I give up, its making that sound again randomly. Not everytime I restart/turn pc on but sometimes.

Edited by FuzzyWolf

I did have this issue along with A few other cue/link related bugs. Narrowed it down to my keyboard and mouse being plugged into the Gaming Device ports (the red ones) on my MSI gaming motherboard. Swapped to normal usb ports and everything works as it should now.......

Corsair James , Scan say hardware should be fine Uninstall CUE and try .

Yes it works without CUE

So i reinstall CUE and hay ho its back again :( its definately CUE problem .

I have Corsair Link installed is there a possible conflict there ?

version 4.8.0.82