Corsair Community

The H115i RGB Platinum Saga continues

IronCrossMac

I haven't seen my H115i in iCue in quite a long while. Recetnly, every time I start/restart my PC I get an error saying the last device connected malfunctioned. I can only assume that's the H115i, unless something else has gone haywire, even though my connections never change and everything else seems to be operating as it should. In the 7 months I've owned it and had it installed, I think it showed up maybe 2 months total in iCue.

It used to at least default to the last known color configuration I had it set to, which was a system wide link, but now it just sits completely static. All the LEDs are on, but they don't change color. Everything else is working as it should, as far as Corsair products and color goes. I tried another USB cable from the pump to the rear I/O with no change. I've uninstalled or never turn on most of the hardware monitoring software I have. I have HWMonitor installed, but I don't use it. I have AIDA Pro, but I haven't used it in some time. The only monitoring I use regularly is GPU Tweak II and Intel XTU.

At least the pump appears to still be working. I haven't melted my CPU, so I've got that going for me, which is nice. It may not light up like it should, which is why I bought it in the first place, but it's still a good cooler.\

I'm just not sure what to do with it anymore.

Hi IronCrossMac,

Sorry to hear that your cooler isn't working right, I hope I can help fix that. Here are a few things you can try.

You can check if iCUE has an update.

There are some services related to monitoring software that run in the background. I would end any of those processes in task manager and relaunch iCUE.

Sometimes with Windows updates and new hardware installs drivers can act weird. I would look into your drivers in device manager and see if anything is missing or not working. If there is I would update the driver using the manufacturers website. This can resolve that in some cases

Another thing to try is to completely uninstall iCUE including files in [user]/AppData/[roaming and local]/Corsair. After that reinstall the latest version of iCUE.

If that doesn't work try flashing the cooler using a separate PC using a standard micro usb cable, maybe a laptop, if you have one available.

If none of these work I would submit a ticket with Corsair.com/support.

I hope that helps,

Mike

Thanks for the response, Mike.

I've restarted iCue services within the program a few times

I've done a repair installation on iCue

I've completely uninstalled it and reinstalled it

I tried another micro USB cable to another PC, and while it did indicate that it found and set up the H115i, when I checked iCue (I downloaded that onto my other PC solely to check for the H115i) it didn't show any devices. I used the same cable, plugged it into the PC that the H115i is installed in, and it showed up as being recognized, shows as connected in USBDeview, but doesn't show up in iCue and the lighting is still static.

I'm not sure if I understand the flashing it with another PC. Updating/Forcing firmware from iCue on another PC?

It seems like so far the USB cable provided with it is bad, or possibly disconnected (it's a pain to dig through that side of the PC to track everything down, so I'm trying everything else first), but even were that the case, with a different cable and it being recognized but not showing seems to indicate another, deeper issue, right?

Thanks,

Dustin

1948780154_H115iRecognized.thumb.jpg.782022950da5f3a179ab4ddbbdb469c8.jpg

Just updated iCue hoping it would somehow correct the problem.

No change at all. Still not recognized in iCue but showing as recognized and plugged in under USBDeview. Lights are still completely static, stuck as a multi color rainbow.

I'm at a loss at this point.

i too have a H115i Platinum that refuses to show in iCUE. I have tried iCUE from 3.15.101 up to 3.18.77

H115i Platinum shows GREEN in USBDeview.

I have done complete uninstall of iCUE and CCleaner and appdata folder removal.

Nothing i have done gets the H115i Platinum to show. I believe its a bricked unit due to firmware issue.

Can i manually update the firmware with a batch command or command prompt?

So, I just updated the BIOS on my motherboard, and while rebooting to update fully, I noticed the colors on the H115i were no longer static. Once everything updated fully and I booted back up, I opened up iCue and it prompted me to update the CoPro to the newest firmware. I did, and suddenly my H115i is now showing up. Apparently it didn't like the BIOS I had had installed for quite awhile.

As of this moment, everything seems to be operating as it should, FINALLY.

ajmi982, check your motherboard manufacturer's site to see if you have a BIOS update available, just as a measure to ensure you've done everything you can.

So I don’t have a commander PRO. I think ur fix has nothing to do with the bios. U updated the commander pro and that fixed iCUE to show the h115i.

I’d prefer not to upgrade by MB bios. That is always risky.

Until I updated the BIOS I was never prompted to update the CoPro, so that's why I'm assuming the BIOS update prompted everything to be recognized suddenly after disappearing.

I'm not saying for sure that that is what fixed it, but it's the only thing I've done differently over the last few months and magically everything is working again.