Corsair Community

Right now there are dual monitor and single monitor modes, and they're exclusively set to:

Single Mode 4 Strips in Video Mode Only one Monitor

Dual Mode 6 Strips in Video Mode Only for Two Monitors

I bought an extension kit to use on my superultrawide

You can't use 6 strips on a single monitor, which really kills my new 32:9 ultrawide setup...

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm also having issues with Free Sync flickering input lag and incorrect colors, they also seem really dim compared to the regular Node Pro strips

I want to add my name to this list. I bought it but have an ultra-wide. I was so excited since I have been waiting for Corsair to add this. I will wait a bit before installing it. It would be nice to be able to customize the layout of the strips to fit on an ultra-wide.

I estimate for my monitor I could use two of the shorter strips for top and bottom or a large and smaller one for better coverage.

What does the 2 monitor set-up support? What arrangement is that (2 longer ones)? Could you use that setting but just on 1 monitor and get the ambient lighting setting to work?

The 4 strips that comes with the ls100 isnt enough to go nor work around my ultrawide monitor.

How i think software should work is it should have option where u have a selection where u can select how many strips that go along top, bottom and sides.. Example... Should have selection for where can input how many strips on left and what strips..

Left select 1 strip then select short then select top then select add strip and have drop down for long or short then beside it, have add another strip and have long or short in that select and then have a third box for top.. Then have another selection for the other side and repeat same as top for bottom.

So basically have a picture of a screen with drop down boxes around screen where u can specify what the strips are and how there connected.

With this above setup, we can be more custom if we have a small monitor ( use 4 250mm strips all the way around) or a ultra wide (8 strips being 2x250mm on sides and 4x450mm and 2x250mm for top and bottom! )

Yea i agree with everyone here.. I have a 3 monitor setup which pretty much same as a ultrawide hence windows detects all 3 as 1 big wide monitor and shurely it going to take at least 3 long across the top and 3 along the bottom.. I bought the kit and 2 exspansion kitss cause corsair themselves via phone told me it would work via phonecall!! Would like to have the video sync to work ith my "super ultra wide"

Thought about it.. To bad the one strips are odd count cause the regular corsair light strips does work but the number count is off. My thinking was the 450mm was 27 led and the old regular led which is 1 foot long and only 10 leds per strip.. If the 450 was 30 leds, i could of took 3 of the regular led strips and ran them along the top and 3 along bottom! I know the old led strips will work cause i had them plugged in to expiriment.. But wont light correctally due to the count of leds on the different strips..

• 3 weeks later...
Any update from Corsair on this? Will ICUE or the LS100 be updated to allow support for Ultra Widescreen monitors? It seems like an oversight as I would guess many of the people interested in using these would have or be potientially interested in getting an ultra wide.

I havnt herd anything nor any firmware or updates in software yet.. Hopfully soon cause as it stands i got a very exspensive item that i have no use for. I certainly not going to go to a single 16x9 monitor thought about a ultrawide and this isnt going to work on it so it as of right now i have no use for it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hopefully this may help some of you, I'm not sure exactly what problems you're encountering or whether you're making incorrect assumptions about how these work/don't work on an ultrawide. Just thought I'd share my experience.

I recently installed the LS100 starter kit + 450mm expansion on a 21:9 monitor (LG 34GK950F). Although it's very fiddly to set up, it works as I hoped and as promised.

My main issue with it was to get the strips to stay on with the magnets. The back of my monitor isn't flat so it was a struggle to get everything in place and stay there. In the end I used the included cable management hooks to give the strips some extra support. Not their purpose, but it worked. I also flexed the strips a bit to make them a little more pliable/less stiff.

So, firstly the 2 x 250mm strips: easy, they go vertically on the left and right sides of the back of monitor.

Then, the 4 x 450mm, a bit more complicated: easy bit is they go horizontally along the top and bottom of the monitor. But wait, my monitor is only 21:9 and 820mm wide, so how the heck did I fit 900mm of strip horizontally?? There's an overlap of around 100mm where one strip starts and the other ends. It actually works fine and there's no visible indication from the front that the strips "double up" for 100mm (though you can tell a little when you have a "visor" setting, it still looks great). The cable extensions also come in very handy.

You might ask why I didn't go for the 250mm expansion instead. I heard it doesn't work in the same way - that 250mm are just for vertical - and didn't want to take the chance. That could be incorrect.

In iCue you setup as a dual monitor, but it doesn't matter, it behaves exactly as I'd expect in a single monitor setup. Video Lighting setting works great though I do occasionally have to reset iCue when coming out of a game to get it working again.

Hope this is some help, any questions fire away. As I said, v happy with the product and how I've set it up. Admittedly it isn't pretty when you look behind the monitor but that's not what this is about.

My general feeling about them once I had them installed was that it's a subtle effect (I wondered whether it was worth the bother). Then you turn them off and realise how much of a difference it's making. I don't think I could go back, I'd really miss not have the effect behind the monitor and it definitely helps with eye strain particularly at evening/night.

Sorry for long first post. Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
I dont see why you would haft to buy another kit because if you did, there is no way of assigning where the strips are in relation to the screen... If u just want rgb ambient light that doesnt correspond to screen then only one kit with extensions will work (six strips per channel and there is 2 channels) but if u want it to correspond to screen, you are limited to 4 strips per monitor ( max of 2 monitors) due to firmware and icue set limit.. That is why i ask for the feature request to b able to add more strips as i stated at start of this forum

• 3 weeks later...
I am using this on a 50in tv, I have the 2 short strips mounted on the side and the 2 long ones up top, No way to get lights to sync with video this way... I don't want to plug one in the bottom cause the lighting effect will be hidden entirely by my sound bar, and anyway, the extensions they provided with the kit is not long enough for me to plug it ''the intended way''

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just to clarify, selecting dual monitor to use 4 long and 2 short has nothing to do with any Windows multi monitor settings. It could of as easily been called 4 strips or 6 strips instead of single and dual monitor.

using the starter set and 450mm extension works just fine in dual monitor mode on a single large screen setup. The colors line up correctly, no fiddly windows settings necessary.

Edited by Space Doctor

• 1 month later...

Hi,

My monitor is 800mm wide. So a one 450mm strip is useless. Therefore I ordered an additional 250mm strip for the width. It would only be logical if I wanted to use the video mode correctly. But it does not work...

Here is missing the possibility to choose a widescreen monitor with a strip combination in the width.

Now I have only a 450mm strip (of course above and below:) ) installed. But it does not look very nice because the corners are dark. The stripes are not very bright anyway. If then still the corner does not shine, they are simply dark.

2x450mm in the width is no solution for me. This can't work in video mode because the transfer of the color information can't be correct. For the money and especially from this brand I expect a product that works well.

I cannot imagine that it is technically not possible to use 250mm and 450mm in the width.

Please excuse my english