Corsair Community

Corsairs Obsidian 500D SE Setup Advice and Diagrams

Zotty

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need some advice, I just finished building my PC. I kept the 3 LL120 fans attached to the front of the case. I installed the Corsair H115i RGB Platinum on inside top of the 500D RGB SE. The commander pro and the RGB fan LED hub are still in the stock location (inside front of the PC case.

Here is my dilemma, I want to install a LL120 RGB fan on the inside rear of the case. I purchased the fan but the wires are not long enough to reach the commander pro / RGB fan LED hub in there stock location. A search appears there are no extension cables to be purchased to extend the reach.

I can only think that I will have to move the commander pro / LED fan hub to a new location that is near the SSD trays. I tried prying the commander pro (it is attached firmly) from its current location but I feel that if I apply to much force I will break it.

Any recommendations.

Hello,

I just received my 500d SE for my new build. Was wondering if its normal that the commander pro and fan hub are stuck here https://ibb.co/4Wzp8H1

I have seen videos of people changing their postion around the chassis.

How do i remove it from there? I dont wanna break it...thanks and sorry for my bad english.

Edited by Wintersun

Hi buddy.. Your english is Good.. would seem it's a lot better than mine haha :).

as for removing the Commander pro. a guy on reddit used Fishing line under his and pulled through the sticky pad. Never had to remove one my self.

Hi buddy.. Your english is Good.. would seem it's a lot better than mine haha :).

as for removing the Commander pro. a guy on reddit used Fishing line under his and pulled through the sticky pad. Never had to remove one my self.

Thank you for the reply,i managed to re-postion both controller in the back(hd slots).

This is my final build in the 500D hopefully.

https://i.imgur.com/zmHtygp.jpg

I was thinking was about the 2 fans on the top. I will have some kind of temps improvement if i put those as intake ?

I was thinking was about the 2 fans on the top. I will have some kind of temps improvement if i put those as intake ?

anything is possible as every build is different. will certainly have less dust in the case if you flip them round....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I have just bought a Corsair Obsidian 500D SE. It comes with 3 LL fans on the front and I have added one more as exhaust in the back.

I have water cooling H115i RGB Platinum mounted at the top.

I'm using this diagram:

ICBYkWk.png

Being 1, 2 and 3 in the hub my front fans from top to bottom and 4 in the hub the rear fan.

I'm trying to setup iCue/Commander PRO so after ligthing 1, 2 and 3 fans it lights the H115i and at the last the 4 fan.

But it lights 1, 2, 3, 4 and at last H115i RGB. As the H115i RGB is in the middle of the box, it would be nicer to light it between the last front fan and the rear one.

Is it possible?

I cant help with that buddy.. its down to how the software works.. the only way around it would be to run all fans off of the Same RGB Fan LED Hub. but as you have LL and ML RGB fans it would not play ball with sequential lighting effects correctly...

I cant help with that buddy.. its down to how the software works.. the only way around it would be to run all fans off of the Same RGB Fan LED Hub. but as you have LL and ML RGB fans it would not play ball with sequential lighting effects correctly...

Thank you anyway! I guessed it was not possible, at least without changing all fans to be the same type. Thanks!

It would be nice to be able to set where it is each fan in the case in iCue so it could sync better the effects.

It would be nice to be able to set where it is each fan in the case in iCue so it could sync better the effects.

Agreed and its been asked for plenty :). we know the Powers that be listen so who knows what the future may bring. people gotta keep asking :)

• 2 weeks later...

@Zotty , Hey there! I've seen all your excellent advice all over these forums and decided to ask you a few questions myself :)

I have a Corsair Obsidian 500d RGB SE Case with the h150i mounted up front with 3 LL120's in front of it as intake. I also have 2xLL140's up top as exhaust and a LL120 in the rear as exhaust.

My system is:

Intel Core i9 9900k - stock speeds

EVGA GTX 1080 ti SC2 (Soon to be replaced with a 2080 ti FTW3 Ultra)

32GB 3600mhz Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro

1 TB nVME m.2

My questions..

1) Would a push/pull config for my h150i be worth it in terms of performance?

2) Would switching my two LL140 fans up top to intake improve my temps? Doing this would leave *only* my rear LL120 as exhaust.

I'm trying to make sure my soon to be RTX 2080 ti is properly cooled. :)

Thanks!!

-Lee

@Zotty , Hey there! I've seen all your excellent advice all over these forums and decided to ask you a few questions myself :)

I have a Corsair Obsidian 500d RGB SE Case with the h150i mounted up front with 3 LL120's in front of it as intake. I also have 2xLL140's up top as exhaust and a LL120 in the rear as exhaust.

My system is:

1 TB nVME m.2

My questions..

2) Would switching my two LL140 fans up top to intake improve my temps? Doing this would leave *only* my rear LL120 as exhaust.

Thanks!!

-Lee

Hi buddy....

1, i would be a liar if i said it made amazing differences... lol.. sure does look good though ;)

2, i run mine with front and top as intake (h150i in front) but mainly to reduce dust. i didnt see much difference in temps aside from gpu running a little lower in temps...

• 2 weeks later...

My system is:

1 TB nVME m.2

My questions..

Thanks!!

-Lee

I've got a pretty similar setup. I had a push/pull on an H150i in the front and frankly it sucked. The front is too restrictive to put a radiator in there. I bought a 3X120 bracket from the 570 series case and mounted the H150i in the top. I had hoped to use the stock fan bracket to run 3x120's in it but with the H150 up to there isn't enough clearance for 3 fan in front. I had to resort to running 2X140's.

After that my CPU, i9900K idles about 6°cooler, load temps are similar, but fans run slower based on the custom curve I have, same one as in my previous setup.

My 2080Ti idles about 4° cooler, but load temps are an astonishing 15° lower and the fans are at least 2 orders of magnitude quieter. It's extremely noticeable. There just wasn't enough air coming into the case to keep the card cooled.

Using the very scientific method of opening the side panel and putting my hand behind the fans showed that the intake airflow was massively increased.