View Single Post
Old 06-15-2019, 11:26 AM
Liquid Cooling Addict
GTXJackBauer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1008070
GTXJackBauer Reputation: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair GregX View Post
Inlet is on the right side when the logo is on the bottom. Please refer to the image below.

Is the flow direction important?
Yes, it is. XC7/XC9 RGB works best with coolant entering via the
labelled INLET port. However, the product will operate with
reversed flow direction, albeit with reduced performance.

For more information, see QSG.
HYDRO X XC7 RGB 2066 CPU Water Block Quick Start Guide
HYDRO X XC9 RGB 2066/sTR4 CPU Water Block Quick Start Guide
Thank you for this as that pretty much answers everything.

I'm kinda bummed the inlet is not on the left side of the block because most builds use a cylinder res/pump combo and most of the time for a tight/short clean running loop, you'll have the bottom 'OUT' of the pump enter the bottom section of the case whether it be a front or bottom rad than or to the GPU, than to the CPU, than to the top/front rad or just back to the top of the 'IN' of the cylinder reservoir creating a simple clockwise flow. This design will force some to crisscross their tubings or for those that have bay res/pump combos would be of convinience if you were to go counterclockwise in the loop.

Regardless, I'm still thinking about getting one once I drain again for a CPU/MB/RAM upgrade in the coming months or year but that depends if I want a upside down block. Bummer since I'd like to slowly start implementing a little Corsair back to the rig other than the AX1200i.

Thanks again for the response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
Ahh ... missed the XC7 2066 version.
However, the manuals are available online. And the manual does state which side is inlet and which side is outlet.
Yep. Got all that, thanks.

Last edited by GTXJackBauer; 06-22-2019 at 06:30 AM.