Corsair Community

LL120 RGB 3pack kit not compatible

jhobbs

hey all, new here.

I recently purchased a LL120 RGB 3 pack kit for my HP OMEN Obelisk.

Upon installation the fans power up but the NONE of the RGBs light up. The lighting node pro does not even showto be receiving power. I have tested the 9pin outlet and the SATA cables both and they are working perfectly but the lighting node pro is still not receiving any power. Corsair has already sent me a new kit and the same issues are arising. fans power on but no lights. What am i doing wrong. how can a brand new "gaming" motherboard not recognize or even not even try to power the RGBs?

ps. yes ive tried multiple sata locations ans 9pin usb locations.

Edited by jhobbs
not finished

Lighting Power comes from the RGB Lighting Hub, not the Lighting Node Pro. Is this installed? It needs it own SATA cable. Make sure the RGB wires are ordered 1-2-3. The lighting is sequential and you cannot skip slots.

I actually installed only 1 fan to make sure the I didn't have to worry about the fans being out of order.

I connected the LL120 RGB into the 4 pin power on the board and into the slot

#1 on the Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub which is plugged into the SATA cable while also being connected to the Lighting Node Pro (NoPro) in the LED slot 1.

the Lighting Node Pro (NoPro) is connected to a SATA and then plugged into the 9pin usb on the board. I know for a fact everything is installed correctly. The Lighting Node Pro (NoPro) is not detected by icue at all.

Always worth the read.. covers devices/connections and shows diagrams.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

Everything is installed properly, we walked through the entire process with corsair on the phone. it appears that the 9 pin usb port on the OBELISKs Board is incompatible with the corsair Lighting Node Pro (NoPro) for some reason?

I cant find info on the 9pin usb from HP at all.