Corsair Community

K63 Wireless per key light control

• Corsair Employee

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=939440#post939440

Programming individual key lighting is not something we had planned for the K63 wireless. That being said... we're currently looking into similar functionality for future firmware/software releases as a customization option in CUE due to the feedback we've received so far.

• 1 month later...

Programming individual key lighting is not something we had planned for the K63 wireless. That being said... we're currently looking into similar functionality for future firmware/software releases as a customization option in CUE due to the feedback we've received so far.

Yes, please! Add per-key brightness adjustment. I thought this board was going to offer this feature and was the deciding factor for buying it over an RGB board.

Honestly, I feel like the ads for this board are a bit misleading.

Directly from your website: "Experience customizable dynamic and vibrant per-key blue backlighting."

See, to me that sounded like each key will be customizable. In hindsight, I really wish I had bought one of your RGB boards. I wanted to illuminate only those keys I use for gaming.

So yeah, please do whatever you can to give us per-key dimming on the K63.

• 2 months later...

Also just bought the K63 wireless keyboard and lapboard. Advertising on the box and websites highlights "per-key LED backlighting" and "Fully programmable with CORSAIR Utility Engine (CUE)".

Installed CUE but couldn't see how to program the individual backlights, just a bunch of fancy lighting effects. Very disappointed to find out it is not per key fully programmable, and feel I've been misled by Corsair advertising. Not sure what the point of individual backlights if you can't program them.

There's only so much research you can do before buying a product, and the reviews I read were all glowing, don't remember reading that keys were not individually programmable. Considering my options now, and think I'll return these and wait for a more functional wireless product to come along.

• 1 month later...

I would absolutely LOVE this feature!

And I know how it feels to be misled. My last keyboard seemingly advertised selective/individual RBG lighting per key. Turns out the company meant that each key _had_ an RGB LED. Not that they could actually be set differently. ;)

Luckily Corsair is not such a company. Right?

EDIT: For the next revision of the K63 I would prefer red lighting, fitting my red mechanical switches. Plus: red light in the dark is way more eye friendly.

Edited by pegnose

...EDIT: For the next revision of the K63 I would prefer red lighting, fitting my red mechanical switches. Plus: red light in the dark is way more eye friendly.

Agreed, i tend to just turn it on when i need the specificity of certain shift characters and leave it at either a 33% brightness wave or off. Gaming form the couch it is a bit intense otherwise. Cool as heck nonetheless and I would absolutely recommend it to anyone looking to game or even surf from the couch

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, has this function been added yet? I just got this keyboard and I'm absolutely loving it, but I'd love to be able to light only a set of keys I need.

• 2 weeks later...

Please add per key customisation lighting, PLEASE!

I (mistakenly) thought the K63 keyboard had this feature.

This type of feature is a must for gaming.

Don't get me wrong, I love the K63 . . but I would love it MUCH MORE if I could illuminate individual keys.

A company that listens to its customers and makes changes accordingly is a company that I would recommend to others! :biggrin:

• 1 month later...

Yikes! I almost ordered on of these thinking it had per-key lighting! Now I will have to carefully reconsider.

For the record, I also consider the statement "Experience customizable dynamic and vibrant per-key blue backlighting" to be misleading and confusing advertising. Very likely I would have been pissed off and sent the keyboard back to the supplier had I bought it without stumbling on this thread.

• 6 months later...

Just thought I'd point out the fact that we are quickly coming up on two years since Corsair told us that they would explore the possibility of per-key lighting being implemented into a future K63 firmware update.

I know, you guys are busy. You're helping others on the forums who actually have problems among other things that go on in your day to day work schedule.

I honestly believe that this request has been lingering for long enough and now is as good a time as ever to start working on implementing this feature. It's my opinion that what we are asking for is not unusual, far fetched, or even difficult to achieve.

Please try to at least make some effort regarding implementing per-key control on the K63 wireless keyboard.

• 2 months later...

Just picked up the K63 Wireless and was sorely disappointed to learn that the LEDs are not individually programable. Phrases like "Experience customizable dynamic and vibrant per-key blue backlighting" strongly suggest the keys are individually programmable and are a grey area at best in terms of what they imply. Combined with the well regarded Cue software and all the other customization it provides (and the fact that many other similar Corsair keyboards have individual keys) it's VERY easy to see why customers would believe the keys are individually programmable.

This mostly defeats the purpose of even having individual LEDs since the only thing they can currently be used for is cheesy built-in effects which serve no functional purpose.

The keyboard itself is great so far but this is a HUGE miss by Corsair. Please correct this!

I just got a K57 keyboard, unplugged it after spending quite a bit of time setting it up....And to find this out, that all the time customizing just vanishes when in wireless mode, for a wireless keyboard! This is extremely frustrating!! I've only seen that corsair says we'll take this into consideration and check this out on this topic for the last two years. I'll be returning this keyboard and stay away from corsair. This is a huge bait and switch.

Just watched the marketing video on Amazon.ca and the video even specifically shows the keyboard with several custom LED layouts. So they're definitely flat-out saying this can be done in the marketing. They even show it in their own marketing video on their own youtube channel!

[ame]

[/ame]

9DLVlMK.png

What BS!

• 3 weeks later...
Just watched the marketing video on Amazon.ca and the video even specifically shows the keyboard with several custom LED layouts. So they're definitely flat-out saying this can be done in the marketing. They even show it in their own marketing video on their own youtube channel!

9DLVlMK.png

What BS!

I've had this keyboard since launch and been waiting for this feature ever since.

ANY UPDATE CORSAIR??

• 5 weeks later...

I also bought the K63 thinking that it had per key lighting disappointed nothing has been done considering how long this issue has been raised for looking back at the thread.

Also no way to add multiple effects at the same time only Static is useful as the rest are pointless unless they can have abit of backlighting behind them aswell.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have just bought the k63 wireless and I am still trying it out but liking it so far. I wanted to create a lighting cue where I have all the leds lit dimly but then have the lightning effect over the top.

I was going to do this by layering lightning over the top of the static colour effect. But for some reason I can layer effects. Is it my software version or is the keyboard just not capable?

Thanks

I too just learned this after purchase. Aside from the wireless function, this was 2nd on my list of reasons to buy this keyboard.

The marketing video linked I watched before buying(linked above) was misleading to say the least. Not only that, I was so sure this keyboard had per-light control that I spent a long while playing around with the iCUE software, thinking that I may have missed something. I even searched the net for a while, which ultimately led me to this forum, which is where I finally learned that per-key lighting isn't possible.

I guess I'll just chalk this up as a learning experience, one which I will not make again.

Really! Since 2018 and it's still being marketed this way - "PER-KEY blue LED backlighting". Amazon reviews do not mention this major short coming at all. Will make this review on Amazon. Specifically why I purchased this keyboard.

Whats the deal Corsair?

• 7 months later...

"per-key LED backlighting" and "Fully programmable with CORSAIR Utility Engine (CUE)" - i also was duped by this straightforward and unambiguous, claim not being true.

in my country, that is known as "false advertising", and is a civil offence.

the ability to "fully program" the "per-key backlighting" to light up gaming keys slightly brighter than less-used keys, was why i chose this keyboard over other technically superior keyboards.

(to those ppl comparing this to RGB, to be fair you cant compare single-tone backlighting to RGB, as RGB uses much more power, and would drastically reduce the battery life, which is why i did not choose a comparable RGB keyboard)

but the company probably knows we cannot touch them over there in the USA.

lets hope theyre not one of these tech companies too busy fixing elections to fix their products. i'd really like the keyboard to work as advertised, it is otherwise great.

as a first time corsair user, i wont be falling for this companies on-the-box lies again. $250 (including lapboard) down the drain

9DLVlMK.png

What BS!

yup, that advert definitely satisfies the elements for the offence of false advertising.

c'mon corsair, i dont wanna sue you guys, i'm not interested in a class action, i just want my very expensive purchase to work as advertised.