Corsair Community

I Have the 1000D series case and im going to have 10 LL120 fans and 3 LL140 fans and a RGB cpu waterblock and 2 2080 RGB waterblocks.

I think i know how to set it up but if someone could do help me out a little it would be nice.

My main issue is that I dont know how many Commander pros and rgb hubs i need.

How exactly i can put it together?

I cant get these fancy y-header fan cables cause they are out of stock so a way without that would be nice.

both gpu waterblocks have one input and one output so they can be put in serie connection.

and the corsair reservoair/pump rgb

How exactly is this programmable in the icue software?

is it cause its connected sata power or is it cause of the usb?

could i connect 3 commander pros with usb cables?

total to be connected in the case.

LL140 3

LL120 10

XC7 RGB (1151) 1

XG7 RGB 20 SERIES (FE) 1

XD5 RGB (D5 Pump reservoir) 1

I got a total of 3 commander pros and 3 rgb hubs those that follow in the 3 packs with fans and i have 1 lightning node pro the one with 2 outputs and a sata power. This is extra **** i bought in case i need it and i will return it if its not needed.

This is the custom cooling code: LfYziG

• Corsair Employees

Commander PRO #1 (Included with 1000D)

Lighting Channel 1 - Reserved for Case Lighting

Lighting Channel 2 - 6x LL RGB 120mm fans (bottom front panel)

PWM ports - 6x LL RGB 120mm fans (bottom front panel)

Commander PRO #2

Lighting Channel 1 - 4x LL RGB 120mm fans (2x top front panel, 2x rear panel)

Lighting Channel 2 - 3x LL RGB 140mm fans (top panel)

PWM ports - 4x LL RGB 120mm fans (2x top front panel, 2x rear panel)

Commander PRO #3

Lighting Channel 1 - Hydro X - (begin chain) XD5/XG7 -> XG7/XD5 -> XC7 (end chain)

Lighting Channel 2 - Open

PWM ports - 3x LL RGB 140mm fans (top panel), XD5 tach (in port #6)

Temp ports - XD5 temp probe (in port #1)

3 total Commander PROs will be needed along with 3 RGB LED hubs. You'll be able to control both lighting and fan speed for all fans as well as lighting for the Hydro X components. It's been a bit since I've built in a 1000D personally, but you may need to use PWM extension cables depending on where you place your Commander PROs, then you can daisy chain two of the Commander PROs to the main Commander PRO that came with your case.

Lighting for fans and Hydro X components is exactly the same as how RGB LED strips work, they need to be connected to a controller such as a Lighting Node PRO or Commander PRO either in a long chain (Hydro X) or through a hub which accomplishes the same thing effectively (RGB fans).

The Hydro X preset performance profiles require that you connect the XD5 PWM tach and temp probe to the same Commander PRO that is controlling the lighting for those components, the sheer number of fans requires that you either use the standard preset profiles (quiet, balanced, extreme) or create your own custom fan profile for the other fans. If you follow the breakdown above, you should be golden.

Commander PRO #2

Lighting Channel 1 - 4x LL RGB 120mm fans (2x top front panel, 2x rear panel)

Lighting Channel 2 - 3x LL RGB 140mm fans (top panel)

PWM ports - 4x LL RGB 120mm fans (2x top front panel, 2x rear panel)

How exactly can i connect 7 fans to this commander pro?

And is the pmw extension cables the 4pins ones? Or is it any different?

hi bud... both the linked threads below may be of help.

RGB Faq

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

1000D Build/faq

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=180073

i have also started a Hydro X faq but still waiting on parts before i can start the how to bit

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=188181

Thanks a lot i will check this out as soon as i get home. I have knowledge of the cooli g things but the with like 11 13 fans its like 26 different wires.

You will get there buddy... have a read of the RGB Faq ;)... is a lot to take in.

The picture how its connected looks really nice but is it possible to add the 2 gpu waterblocks and the cpu waterblock connections to this aswell im so slow when reading and trying to understand

Hi bud.. my blocks have now arrived so over the next few days i will add the info needed and some diagrams..

Ohh Nice is it dual gpu and cpu blocks? cause if thats the case i would love to see the updated diagram.

Btw can i chain the commander pros by putting their usb cable in eachother?

Commander 1 --->Motherboard

Commander 2 --->Commander 1

Commander 3 --->Commander 2

Ohh Nice is it dual gpu and cpu blocks? cause if thats the case i would love to see the updated diagram.

Btw can i chain the commander pros by putting their usb cable in eachother?

Commander 1 --->Motherboard

Commander 2 --->Commander 1

Commander 3 --->Commander 2

Well.. We was always led to believe you can chain as many Commander Pro's as you like.. but has been one or 2 users that this didn't work for.. I personally have 2 chained with no issues,,

I will be doing dual loop yes :).

http://i.imgur.com/K5oF0pKl.jpg

yet to add the Trace Lines....

Well.. We was always led to believe you can chain as many Commander Pro's as you like.. but has been one or 2 users that this didn't work for.. I personally have 2 chained with no issues,,

I will be doing dual loop yes :).

http://i.imgur.com/K5oF0pKl.jpg

yet to add the Trace Lines....

Wait will you have 2 Cpus?

are you making a dual system build aswell?

and your having fans on both sides of the radiators aswell damn i thought i would get a diagram as my setup is but thats not the case.

i will have to wait a week before i can get more fans for the otherside of the radiators.

lol... yeah 2 systems,,, itx and atx with 8700k's in each...

i have a few idea's to play with re cabling

here is another option,

http://i.imgur.com/q0shRm4l.png

Im personally not gonna have 2 systems (not yet atleast)

Do you think it matter much in the temprature if i take 2 XD5 pumps and use one for the gpu and pne for cpu? and take 1 radiator for cpu and the 2 others for gpus or will it be good enough with only 1 pump and all 3 radiators combined?

and should it go through everything and then into all radiators or should i split the radiators up in the piping so like this:

Pump ----> Radiator ----> CPU ----> Radiator ----> GPU's ----> Radiator.

Im not sure whats more effective.

It looks good but ... something to consider ... you can reduce the number of CoPros that you need by using a powered PWM hub. It would also make them easier to control - for example, the 8 push/pull fans on the radiators could be controlled as a single fan. You could then get away with using a single CoPro and then NoPros for the lighting channels.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
https://imgur.com/IXrnSaj

IXrnSaj.png?1

Would this work as i did this? or is this a completely wasted hour?

"My god, it's full of stars..."

lol - thanks for this, it's glorious. I'm going to crib it heavily for my own implementation. My 1000D is getting way more complicated on the backside to cable manage with the introduction of Hydro X and even more LL fans. I'll probably save myself going push/pull on the dual XR7 480 rads though. That'll cut out 8 LL120 fans and 2 copros and a half a gigawatt of power draw.