Corsair Community

Scimitar side buttons not working

all i did was delete the initial default profile and left it with just the three remaining ones. it works fine now no issue. try it and hopefully it works.

Thank you for the tip I will surely give that a go :biggrin:

Best

Wulf

Use to have this issue with my non Pro Scimitar and now I am having something similar happen to my Pro version as well... I even created a profile with the same keybinds and saved it to all three onboard memory slots. But every other boot its a gamble if the keybinds will work or not. The worst is when I forget to test it and get into an important match just to find out that non of my keybinds are working. Have tried the mouse directly into the motherboard in both USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports and through my K65 keyboard pass through.

all i did was delete the initial default profile and left it with just the three remaining ones. it works fine now no issue. try it and hopefully it works.

I tried for 2 days. It's now better. But there's still a small chance that it happens after waking from hibernation.

Windows 10 turns on Fast Startup by default, which is a lot alike Hibernation. So when you shut down a Win10 PC, you didn't shut it as Reboot does. Turn Fast Startup off, it then shut down "for real". You can turn it off here: Power Options>Choose What the Power Buttons Do>Change Settings That Are Currently Unavailable>Uncheck Turn On Fast Startup.

With Fast Startup turned off, the side-buttons-not-working issue never happens again, not a single time. But if you turn on Hibernation function, and hibernate, the same problem will show again randomly.

Thanks a lot treeyoung for posting the real issue.

I really hope Corsair finds your post and fixes this annoying problem.

Don't know how or why it's only the Scimitar that has this issue but it's annoying as hell.

Thanks a lot treeyoung for posting the real issue.

I really hope Corsair finds your post and fixes this annoying problem.

Don't know how or why it's only the Scimitar that has this issue but it's annoying as hell.

I'm quite curious how can Corsair possibly take action this slow. Because EVERYONE who uses Windows 10 and doesn't change the default setting about Fast Start-up will run into this trouble 100%, and then they'll return it.

Posting here because I'm having a similar problem. I got a Corsair Scimitar Pro a few weeks ago and while it's a great mouse, ALMOST EVERY TIME I bring the computer out of sleep mode, the side buttons stop working. I can get around this by saving a hardware profile and closing the software, so the mouse runs on the internal hardware profile, but then what's the point of all the fancy stuff you can do with the software?

I'm also on Windows 10. I never use hibernate, and I've tried switching hibernate off, on, turning off fast startup, etc, but the problem always comes back when I wake the computer from sleep mode.

A full restart of the computer fixes the problem, but nothing else works. I really wanted to get a Corsair headset and keyboard to complete the set, but if my mouse doesn't work properly when the software is running, then what's the point? I'm really disappointed there's no official fix and will probably be looking to another manufacturer to get a new set of hardware from if this isn't fixed...

• 4 weeks later...
Posting here because I'm having a similar problem. I got a Corsair Scimitar Pro a few weeks ago and while it's a great mouse, ALMOST EVERY TIME I bring the computer out of sleep mode, the side buttons stop working. I can get around this by saving a hardware profile and closing the software, so the mouse runs on the internal hardware profile, but then what's the point of all the fancy stuff you can do with the software?

I'm also on Windows 10. I never use hibernate, and I've tried switching hibernate off, on, turning off fast startup, etc, but the problem always comes back when I wake the computer from sleep mode.

A full restart of the computer fixes the problem, but nothing else works. I really wanted to get a Corsair headset and keyboard to complete the set, but if my mouse doesn't work properly when the software is running, then what's the point? I'm really disappointed there's no official fix and will probably be looking to another manufacturer to get a new set of hardware from if this isn't fixed...

You may wish to go to Device Manager and configure the power settings of your USB hubs to never power off. Also, do ensure that your active CUE profiles define the side buttons.

• 4 weeks later...
i had problems where i couldnt use the side buttoms and the lights on the mouse was flashing. just to find out i have to open the utility engine and do a update on the mouse. yes i had to update the mouse like you would a laptop

• 3 weeks later...

If no one has answered this question on another thread or is just looking at this as the first link on google like I did, the answer is to add an action on cue as 'remap key' rather than a macro.

Once you do that it works perfectly in every game I have every played and in all programs

• 3 months later...

I'm having this issue still, jesus christ corsair it's been two years and I'm having to necropost just to get some help on this.

It appears the issue is entirely with the "remap key" functionality, as the button still works if used with a macro or text function, but "remap key" doesn't work. I can only fix this by reinstalling CUE, which breaking my audio routing etc. This also sometimes breaks mid session and can only be fixed by reducing my mouse's response time.

I thought I would make an account and reply. Mine stopped working as well, the CUE software is rather difficult to work with.

The solution that worked for my Scimitar side buttons suddenly not responding after a windows update and computer reboot was too close the application after i had mapped the keys

and saved that hardware profile to the device. After that the mouse worked as intended.

I did however wipe the hardware profiles on the device and force updated the firmware on the mouse as well as re-map all the keys i had bound before figuring out that once I closed the program the mouse worked. Not sure if this contributed or not.

This is confusing because when i bought the mouse a month ago, I had to have the program open in order for the mouse to work properly.

Theres also an issue with software profiles, seems to want to default to just one and impossible to have more than one software profile for devices. (If you own multiple corsair hardware.) I hope this helps someone, I just stumbled onto it accidentally while trying to reboot the program.

• 2 weeks later...
I also made a account simply to post my complete disdain towards these infernal products. I wanted to be a part of Team Corsair, simply because of good reviews of their products, and the fact that I didn't want to be a part of Team Razer. But this **** is getting old. I bought the entire line of Corsair peripheral's, AND THE MOUSE STOPPED WORKING WITHIN A MONTH! Now I fear the others will soon fail, and I'm forced to swap over to Team Razer. This is completely ridiculous Corsair, fix your products before you launch more ****, please.

• Corsair Employee

Can you provide the following information so we can get a better scope of the issue?:

Which OS?

Version of CUE Installed?

Firmware version on the mouse?

Do you have a "Corsair composite virtual input device" listed under Human Interface Devices in the Device Manager?

• 4 weeks later...

i just updated windows last night and now none of my side buttons will work.

I normally only use them in Final Fantasy XIV, but...it's still making me wonder what is going on.

i've updated the software, i've updated firmware...no matter what program i use, windows won't recognize the side buttons on my mouse (from Word to FFXIV)

Edited by Saraphin

Necro'ing an old thread I know, but it seems there hasn't been much in the way of support here for this issue, and since this is literally day ONE of using a similar product (M65 Pro RGB) I thought I'd create an account and post a reply here showing specifically what I did that actually worked.

My problem was as follows ~ back and forward buttons didn't work. Sniper button worked fine in games for lowering the dpi, but that's it.

I tried repairing, reinstalling, hell I even sacrificed a cat to the digital gods. Nothing worked, at least, not for more than 5 minutes into boot.

So for giggles I killed the CUE process. Miraculously the forward and back buttons came to life. Started CUE again, they stopped. Killed it, they worked. Tried this a couple times, always same result.

Obviously its CUE causing the problem. Unfortunately I also have the Void Pro USB headset, and killing CUE causes the audio to go flat. Still works, but sounds like listening to AM radio. Terrible. Sadly, I must have CUE, for that as well as the pretty RGB effects I paid money for.

I tried creating actions on the default profile to a->b remap the back key to the mouse back button and the forward key to the forward mouse button. No luck. Still not working.

Then I noticed the light for "Advanced Mode" at the top wasn't lit. I clicked that, then noticed a new button appeared on the key selection section of the remap key part that looked like a wrench and screwdriver. I clicked it.

New checkbox appeared. "Retain original key output". I checked it for both remapped actions. The buttons worked!

Unfortunately, I saw no rainbow option for the RGB. Only static colors, gradients, and what have you. Rainbow only shows up under lighting effects when "Advanced" isn't on. So i turned it off.

Now my mouse rolls through the colors and surprisingly, the "retain original key output" settings on both the back and forward buttons remained!

Now its working!

If for some reason it stops, I'll reply again, but for now ~ it's working.

Un-effing-believable that you have to be Sherlock freaking Holmes to figure out how to fix a product that doesn't work right out of the box on day one several YEARS after the issue is already well known.

Really Corsair? Really?

• 2 weeks later...

For the scimitar, that won't fix its' issue. The default keys for the side buttons are blank. So to get basic mouse functions such as mouse 4 and 5, you have to create a remap action and assign it. So when remaps don't work, you're left with a basic 3 button mouse and scroll wheel.

I've rebooted 3 times just now, and it's still not working. This prompted me to Google this issue once again. Usually it's 1 out of 3 times where the remaps don't work. Launching apps with the side buttons work, so it's whatever's handling and firing the remapping.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Same problem, side keys not working.

How did it start??? Great question:

I installed 2 games called Aura Kingdom and Echo of Soul, tried to import/delete some files form inside the mouse chip, It didn't work. I unplugged and plug from the USB and it start to give me a Chinese character on one of my profiles, so I did a hard reset. The profiles inside the mouse were gone and then I could load new ones into the mouse.

Loaded profiles and everything went good again EXCEPT some games i had on my computer started to display weird graphics like, bad "Stair effect" on some games (Overwatch for example), after 1 to 2 hours of game, I noticed that the side keys wouldn't work, and this is where everything started... i'm guessing old games are installing not optimized or bad dlls or even files into the machine and messing up with corsair keys, but it is just a wild guess.