Corsair Community

H100i Platinum LED Flickering and USB Disconnect

smile689

I am using H100i RGB Platinum.

Since the first installation,

if i set the Rainbow Effect, LED is Flickring and USB is Disconnect(i heard sound).

I read here that buying a NZXT USB internal hub will solve the problem.

i installed NZXT USB HUB.

but,

But it didn't get better.

set the rainbow effect, it is same problem occured.

newest icue version, and newest h100i firmware

I figured out the cause.

bacause, conflict with AIDA64.

but i must turn on AIDA64(Remote Panel) always.

I want CORSAIR to solve this problem.

--

and i dont know how to File attached this site.

As much as I detest what I am going to say, the issue for that is not Corsair's fault (makes a note to get some bleach).

As for fixing the issue, so long as it is Corsair's fault you would be in a very exclusive club of just about everyone on the forum with issues getting ignored or lost. We all would like them to solve their problem(s) but at this time customer support/service has gone full EA.

As for attaching files, assuming you have them saved already and know where they are, you need to be in 'advanced' mode and it will be an option under the text field.

As much as I detest what I am going to say, the issue for that is not Corsair's fault (makes a note to get some bleach).

As for fixing the issue, so long as it is Corsair's fault you would be in a very exclusive club of just about everyone on the forum with issues getting ignored or lost. We all would like them to solve their problem(s) but at this time customer support/service has gone full EA.

As for attaching files, assuming you have them saved already and know where they are, you need to be in 'advanced' mode and it will be an option under the text field.

Is this a problem that needs to be fixed in AIDA64?

It deals with how the programs interact with the sensor data. As for convincing anyone to fix it for another, good luck. That's about as likely as Corsair owning the mistakes they have made with hardware/software lately, I for one enjoy the feeling of 'what else is going to go wrong' when I update now. </sarcasm>

Does AIDA 64 monitor the cooler's temps? If so, that is the issue right there. If there's a way for you to disable this in AIDA, that should solve the issue. HWInfo, for example, has a similar issue and you can disable it for this very reason.

Here's the issue: the controllers on these pumps operate in "Highlander Mode" - there can only be one application accessing them at any one time. Now, there's nothing in Windows that prevents multiple devices from accessing a USB device ... so it'll happily let both of them query the device. This result in badness ... disconnects, it appears, on the Platinum coolers, errant readings and driver crashes on some of the older Asetek coolers and the Commander Pro. It's an issue that's been discussed on this forum extensively and it's a limitation at the hardware level. There are ways to coordinate between multiple applications but a) it's super-expensive to have a system-wide synchronization mutex and b) all apps would need to respect the mutex. It's conceptually similar to "cooperative multitasking" like we had in the Win 3.1 days ... it can work but all it takes is one miscreant to bring the hold house of cards down.

Does AIDA 64 monitor the cooler's temps? If so, that is the issue right there. If there's a way for you to disable this in AIDA, that should solve the issue. HWInfo, for example, has a similar issue and you can disable it for this very reason.

Here's the issue: the controllers on these pumps operate in "Highlander Mode" - there can only be one application accessing them at any one time. Now, there's nothing in Windows that prevents multiple devices from accessing a USB device ... so it'll happily let both of them query the device. This result in badness ... disconnects, it appears, on the Platinum coolers, errant readings and driver crashes on some of the older Asetek coolers and the Commander Pro. It's an issue that's been discussed on this forum extensively and it's a limitation at the hardware level. There are ways to coordinate between multiple applications but a) it's super-expensive to have a system-wide synchronization mutex and b) all apps would need to respect the mutex. It's conceptually similar to "cooperative multitasking" like we had in the Win 3.1 days ... it can work but all it takes is one miscreant to bring the hold house of cards down.

yes. AIDA64 monitoring COOLER's Temp.

But,

i dont know why only occured problem in Rainbow Effect.

if it is Monitoring conflict,

It does not occur in all effects. only rainbow effect(spiral, wave, ripple etc simmilar 5v)

yes. AIDA64 monitoring COOLER's Temp.

But,

i dont know why only occured problem in Rainbow Effect.

if it is Monitoring conflict,

It does not occur in all effects. only rainbow effect(spiral, wave, ripple etc simmilar 5v)

My guess would be that rainbow requires more updates (due to the colors) so it just happened more frequently. It's a race condition - both apps have to be accessing the cooler at exactly the same time. The more that one or the other is "talking" to the cooler, the more likely it is to occur at any given point in time.

• 1 year later...
Not sure about the USB but the I fixed the flickering on mine. The pump seems to need to be on its own SATA plug with nothing else daisy chained to it. When I first installed it, it was daisy chained to my HD and my rgb controller. Now that its on it own SATA plug it works perfectly!