Corsair Community

Scimitar side buttons not working

• 3 weeks later...

There is a lot of people in the same boat. Mouse been working fine for long periods (or short in your case) and now button mapping for the side buttons and in many cases even remapping any buttons prevents that mouse button from working at all. They have been testing firmware 2.02 which they have offered people on this forum to Beta test, but this did not resolve my issues with the side buttons.

Let hope that they are also testing new CUE software with drivers not just the new firmware for this mouse.

Corsair James on this forum has been really helpful its just a shame that the mouse is playing up so badly for so many people.

i just bought the mouse 3 days ago and it worked fine really loved the feel of it but now the bottons on the side just wont work. tried upgrading firmware, reinstalling software, rebooting, remapping and notting ... any solution?

The issue where windows updating causes the side buttons not to work really needs to be fixed. Frustrating having to spend half my evening trying to fix something that shouldn't be a problem in the first place. I love the mouse but these issues are making me wish I just replaced my Razer Naga instead of swapping it for this one.

I've fixed the issue once but windows updated again the other night and now I'm having the same issue with the last method used to fix it not working. :(

EDIT: So I fixed it (Again) If you have the same problems after updating this is what I did.

1: Uninstall CUE (I deleted settings as well but it might not be neccesary)

2: Run CCleaner and remove any traces of CUE

3: Restart your PC

4: Reinstall CUE.

Hopefully this helps someone. But please fix this soon.

Edited by Unpunished

The issue where windows updating causes the side buttons not to work really needs to be fixed. Frustrating having to spend half my evening trying to fix something that shouldn't be a problem in the first place. I love the mouse but these issues are making me wish I just replaced my Razer Naga instead of swapping it for this one.

I've fixed the issue once but windows updated again the other night and now I'm having the same issue with the last method used to fix it not working. :(

EDIT: So I fixed it (Again) If you have the same problems after updating this is what I did.

1: Uninstall CUE (I deleted settings as well but it might not be neccesary)

2: Run CCleaner and remove any traces of CUE

3: Restart your PC

4: Reinstall CUE.

Hopefully this helps someone. But please fix this soon.

While I understand that is a frustrating issue (thankfully I am still on Win 8.1, but not for much more), you should really complain to Microsoft about this. I still don't understand why in the world they randomly and arbitrarily uninstall programs the user installed himself :mad:

P.S.: Running again the CUE installer should give you a REPAIR option that should fix it as well, no need to uninstall it beforehand each time. Have you tried this way?

My side buttons keep on randomly switching off when i load a game.. doing my head in.. as metioned we have to mess around to get it working again... plus the profiles don`t load on the mouse sometimes and I have to unplug and re plug back in to get the profile loaded in game!! beyond a joke now.

• 1 month later...
Any solution yet for the side key issue under wins 10. Works fine when using wins8.1 with same pc config. Already tried to do the steps described in this thread but will 100% fail if reboot. Thanks in advance

Any solution yet for the side key issue under wins 10. Works fine when using wins8.1 with same pc config. Already tried to do the steps described in this thread but will 100% fail if reboot. Thanks in advance

Anybody on wins 10 pc with similar problem. Tried to get help from corsair support, the reply is

Created By: Arturo TS (4/24/2016 9:37 AM)

We do not have reports of these not functioning on Windows 10, can you try on a separate Windows 10 machine?

• 2 weeks later...
Side buttons are still not working as off the current version of windows ten (May 2016). I had uploaded my logs about many pages ago on this thread. Those buttons were working on an Earlier version of CUE on that version of Windows 10 till it had an update. Unsure which version of windows 10 that is. Hoping for a fix :[pouts:

2016-05-06T15-11-09.txt

Edited by tapiocen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Bought this mouse just last week ive fully updated everything including all drivers and windows updates, the only time i get to use the side buttons is that i have to repair the installation twice in a row, and thats the only time i get it to work. I applied for cue2 beta but no word if im in but im hoping that the next software version will actually help me out with this problem. Its a good mouse, nice build quality and all but the software is really bringing it down ill include my log file, thanks and im hoping for a speedy reply.

2016-06-12T11-37-54.log.txt

I've had nothing but issues with my Scimitar for the past 6 months. Side buttons still not working properly. I've followed all the suggestions and I'm still having silly things happening.

The most annoying is, in BO3 I've mapped the side buttons for things like reload, sprint, etc. to the same buttons assigned in the game yet different buttons are doing different actions and most of the buttons are doing nothing. Mouse & CUE say everything is working fine.

Not buying Corsair stuff again ! Same with my keyboard and had issues with the ram too.

Absolutely shocking products and customer service.

I've had nothing but issues with my Scimitar for the past 6 months. Side buttons still not working properly. I've followed all the suggestions and I'm still having silly things happening.

The most annoying is, in BO3 I've mapped the side buttons for things like reload, sprint, etc. to the same buttons assigned in the game yet different buttons are doing different actions and most of the buttons are doing nothing. Mouse & CUE say everything is working fine.

Not buying Corsair stuff again ! Same with my keyboard and had issues with the ram too.

Absolutely shocking products and customer service.

exactly how i feel i bought the k95 keyboard which has been great and the scimitar mouse cause of the great customer service when one of their PSU's crapped out on me.

as of now once again the buttons just stopped working again,on 5/25 i updated all drivers and ran cc cleaner as recommended by CS mouse was fine til today 6/16.

all CS seems to know to say is update drivers and run cc cleaner im pretty ocd about stuff like that so i kinda need a lil more then that.

hell i would love it if someone just was honest and told me there are driver issues we are working on. as much as i dislike razer build quality the naga just works even if it doesnt have great durabilty.

I finally had the issue where the buttons stop working! I'm excited because I think I have a fix!

Go to Device Manager, right click on 'Corsair composite virtual input device' > Properties > Power Management

Uncheck 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power'

This is the only thing I did and my buttons immediately began working. Let me know if it works for you!

• 2 weeks later...
I finally had the issue where the buttons stop working! I'm excited because I think I have a fix!

Go to Device Manager, right click on 'Corsair composite virtual input device' > Properties > Power Management

Uncheck 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power'

This is the only thing I did and my buttons immediately began working. Let me know if it works for you!

I got my scimitar a couple weeks ago and registered because I got this problem with the buttons. This "solution" worked for me, thank you very much.

I must be a glutton for punishment. This is the third corsair product that I have had major issues with (k70, m95), yet I keep buying them. I'll likely return it and get something else; I believe I am done with this company.

I got my scimitar a couple weeks ago and registered because I got this problem with the buttons. This "solution" worked for me, thank you very much.

I must be a glutton for punishment. This is the third corsair product that I have had major issues with (k70, m95), yet I keep buying them. I'll likely return it and get something else; I believe I am done with this company.

My buttons just failed again, despite changing that setting :(

I hope it works longer for you!

This is just unacceptable... It's been months and they still can't figure out the problem with CUE or the mouse? I'm convinced they aren't even trying. What am I supposed to do? Not use my mouse until they come out with a fix in 3 years? Returning this mouse before i get stuck with it. DO NOT BUY.