Corsair Community

Diferent RGB conection ends

Hi All, I am putting together a new rig in a 1000D case, tryin to save a few bucks along the way untill everything is up and running. I have some RGB fans that dont have the same RGB connector as what the commander pro in the case has. Is there somewhere I can buy adaptors, connectors to make these work, or will I have to use there hub, or buy new fans all together?

thanx in advanced

no, not talking about the power, but they actual connection itself, the plug on the fan isnt the same plug on the commander pro. The fan connnection looks like the ones used on rgb lighting for strip lighting, the commander pro more like a typical mb connection, I could take pics if that would help, dont want to name the brand of fan, not sure if its allowed

A picture would help and yes, you have to consider the power requirements. Some RGB fans require 12V. Those will not work - at all - with the Corsair stuff. Some are 5V but analog - they also won't work. But I don't think that naming the fan would necessarily be bad. Usually the issues are where someone is either actively promoting or deriding a competitor. And more than a photo, the make/model or a link to the specs would be helpful.

this is fan specs

Speed:1100rpm±10

Noise Level:17.6 DBA

Input Power: 6.36W

Rated Voltage: DC12V

Input Current: 0.28A

Life Time: 40000Hrs

Fan interface:3pin- 4pin

Size:120mm(W)*120mm(D)*25mm(H)

Those specs aren't helpful. Need the specs for the RGB. 5V or 12V? Addressable or Analog? If addressable, is it WS2812B (most are)?

The motor is completely irrelevant to this. If you post the make and model, I will either a) know off the top of my head or b) can figure it out quickly. Outside of that, I really can't help you.

If you have the controller that's Aura Sync compatible with the 3-pin Aura connection, there is an adapter available for that or you can make your own.

If you want to build your own cables, you can check out http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=174759. If it's Aura compatible, it'll be Corsair Pin 1 => Aura Pin 1 (both have arrows), C Pin 2 => A Pin 2, C Pin 3 => A Pin 4. On the Aura side, Pin 3 is blank (N/C).

Or if you just want to buy them, you can get them here: https://www.ebay.com/str/piratedogtech.

I think this is model # T7SYC7-6 5v sync rgb PMW case fan

sorry if I dont seem helpful with info, I am not sure of the adressable or analog that u ask

Yup, that's the Aura compatible model. (Some are and some aren't.) The Aura cable goes to the controller, which then distributes the signal and power to the fans.

ok yes they are aura sync but the plug ins from the rgb fan is not the same on the commander pro, is there a adaptor plug?

Look up in the thread.

There is an adapter available. Or you can build one - the Corsair parts are linked in my signature and the pinout is up above.

• Confused 1

yes thats why I edit my post, I seen after I posted u give link for how to make or where to buy

that u for ur help n patience with my post, u've been very helpful

Told ya ... give me the make and model and you'd have your answer! If I don't know, I can look at the specs/photos and tell in a minute or less. ;-)

another question, if I use the original hub, say fans 1 threw to 6 the 7, 8,9 in commander pro, then final 3 into original hub, can I sync them in proper order threw aura sync?... I ask this cuz I have 3 140mm fans that will plug into commander pro, other 9 fans plugs arent the same, if ur kno the 1000 d case, I want the fans to run up the front of the case and accross the top, down the back n repeat, but again, the 140mm fans wouldnt be connected to same hub, or even type of hub

It's not likely that you'd be able to do that with any of the systems. Most folks sync the front together and then the top/back together.

If you got the order just right, you might be able to do it with some of the Lighting Link effects in iCUE.

With Aura Sync, you actually have fewer options than iCUE.