Corsair Community

MP600 1 TB is very slow!

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try to fill drive to 60% and measure then. Just interesting is it related to filled data problem.

I am also suspecting this is related... All of the benchmarks I have seen to which we are comparing, indicate that there is very little used space at the time the benchmark was run.

So this is was the response of corsair support!

“This is the nature of SSDs. As you fill it, its overall performance will decrease.

An RMA will not be possible for this reason.”

Now Im gonna file a complaint at Bureau Of Consumer Protection

P.S F** Corsair

Now I’m gonna waste my time to get my money back!

10378512-567F-4ADE-BD8D-E5933AA68326.thumb.jpeg.9a97a70f51f9aefd227328c9d45fae53.jpeg

I confirm that anytime free space is less than 60% of 930Gb the write speed slows down.

If you want all the performance don't write more than 372Gb on the drive.

I hope Corsair will fix this in a futur firmware update...

They’re ignoring us here, they’re not recognizing the problem and denying it!

So there gonna be no fix in the future!

I’m gonna file a complaint to bureau of consumer protection

Once I get off work I’ll write a review on amazon and talk about this **** and make sure people don’t fall for it

I’ll also write about it on Reddit

I’ll do my best

This is a completely bull****

Perfomance cant decrease at this short time and whit not so filled drive 30 % drive fill and decrease 3 times fu corsair

Even if the performance decrease after you filled it full after a long time

Getting only 20% of the advertised performance is f bluffing and scamming

I’m not buying the SSD to keep it empty!

At best scenario you will have it 50% filled and getting only 1000MB/s is a BIG F NO

This was newegg reply

“Hello,

Due to the fact that this is normal for the product to lose speed, the item would not be defective so warranty can not be honored as previously stated.

If you wish to speak to a manager/supervisor please call in at 800-390-1119 and request to speak to one directly.”

So how the hell I can explain to those idiots that getting only 23% of the the advertised speed is not a normal!

Jordan can you try 1 thing.

Download and install ccleaner https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download/standard

And run custom clean and in menus mark CLEAN FREE SPACE and run it, it will take time it writes 0 or 1 on free space to clean disk free space from previous used information.

I did it before work and it fixed for me. But dont know for how long because I needed to go to work. If it will fix it for You too then it means that corsair is s*it and they did something whit their disks and they dont know whats hapening and we find a solution.

Does anyone from Corsair care to comment on this? While I understand that ssds do slow down to some degree, this is just unacceptable. I don't think silence would be a good move right now. Sweeping this under the rug would make Corsair storage products the "Pinto" of SSDs

They dont care. No support from them. Drive speed @ 1000MBs is lower then pcie 3 gen drives(dam its sata 3 territory) and this is not over fill drive problem this is corsair problem and they dont admit it. Speed could decrease (but not this much) if drive filed almost full but not 29% filled like for myself.

New windows 10 updates i think partly fixed issue try install KB4515384 (Highlights ................. Updates for storing and managing files.) and see for yourself. It runs crystal mark speeds first runs as corsair announced then somehow get back to 1000mbs speed but then again go to normal then again to 1000. Will monitor more.

Sorry on last post i managed to type that My MP600 is running as OS and that was big type if you didnt notice main is runing as storage.

And as its storage i have totaly filled it up to the 0 space point maybe even more then ones.

In picture you can see its still runing great to me and there you can see the reads and writes and those are without formating/ secure-erasering, expet the first that Windows needed to see it as storage.

Now fow full you can fill the SSD that CDM can still do its job and test this thing?

EDIT: What Powerstage are you running your Windows? ... Main runs as "AMD Ryzen Balanced"

1512882061_MP600CDMtest12.9_2019.thumb.jpg.60ebbf622365c59c7bb41c76926e00ef.jpg

Edited by Mummy