View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 06:21 PM
Adam-antium's PC Specs

POST ID # = 969933
Adam-antium Reputation: 10
Default Fan options for my new 570x Mirror Black

Hello Corsair forums community!

After careful soul-searching, I've decided on the 570x as the best case for my new gaming PC build. I wanted some advice about setting my case up with some extra fans. Right now I am only interested in the ML series, for their longevity and quiet performance, but I am currently confused about which model of ML to get, at what size, and how many.

To start with, the ML RGB series is only rated for 400-1,600 RPM while the ML PRO solid LED models go up to 2,000. I called Corsair customer service to confirm this, and they actually claimed that even the RGB ML series can go up to 2,000, so if anyone who owns them can confirm or deny I'd appreciate it, as I've heard both sides from authoritative sources.

I'm going for a solid red look on my 570x to match my internal parts, but I might end up changing my mind/mood one day, so a part of me is wondering if I should stick with solid red and get the PRO ML model, or leave my options open and get the RGB ML. Figuring out if the RGB ML is speed-capped would help with that decision.

Another issue is that I'm trying to keep costs down, so I'd prefer not buying a Commander Pro if I can help it, and though I've read Zotty and DevBiker's guides on setting up RGB, I'm still not 100% on how either RGB or Red LED ML's will play with my SP120's hooking them up to the stock hub (this is my first PC build).

I wanted to keep positive pressure on my case to avoid dust, so I was wondering how many of my fan slots I should fill if I plan on keeping my SP120's until they wear out. 1x120 exhaust 2x120 top intake? 3x120 exhaust? 1x120 + 2x140 exhaust? My graphics card is reported to run fairly hot, so any advice on this would be greatly appreciated!

Really, probably any suggestions any of y'all have would be helpful and appreciated, I'm a novice at all this, but I'm also a quick study! And I've worked in a static-free circuit board plant, so I know how to treat parts right.

Thanks for any help that can be offered, and I hope you all have a great day!